Goodkind XXVII: Welcome to the Yeard Reich

swedeheadchris

Ewwwww... Not a Spidey fan.

You're so wrong.

Who?

Moon Knight. The Marvel wiki went through some wicked changes recently. I particularly like the ability to vote on how good their fighting skills are.

She was a kid, I was a kid. She made fireworks. How cool is that?

She wore a raincoat. That was her costume. Her fireworks were 99% harmless. Havok rules, you've got no case.

Scott and Jane are lame, I thought you got excited 'cause of some bizarre fetish. Can't imagine why I'd think that *looks at potsherds avatar*

Though Jean Grey, when Phoenix, could manipulate matter at a sub-atomic level. How cool is that?

Edited by WLU

Isn't this a Tairy thread?

BTW, Myshkin, are you really all of those dostoyevski names in TG.net?

Because they're analyzing you.

Mystar should be a lemming.

If he lets go of the fact that he's a douche and decides to join us, I suggest making him the uberlemming.

I mean, I enjoy reading Tairy (now you people hate me) but it does not mean that I don't enjoy making fun of the moron for what he says outside of the books.

Or just choose life and ignore what I'm typing and continue serving comic book guys.

And not the Simpsons kind.

I guess I'll link to this, although really it doesn't deserve any commentary, as it's just someone frustrated with the cycle, I suppose. After all, there's that "Reason's Light" website if some of you want some real ammo, but I'm not going to bother finding the URL for that one on a Friday night :P

Eh. Good for them. SImply proves a lot of what's been said about that Forum. Moving on now. Just not worth our time.

Lame:

Captain America

That is something that might just make you lose your lemming card. Cap is one of the greatest characters ever! Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone ever has looked into Lynn Flewelling's own online history. Considering that she almost gang-pressed her blog readers into voting for her in FBS's Tournament this year, there were some amusing exchanges there a few months ago. That is why I got such a chuckle out of seeing that she was the one who interviewed Tairy way back when. I would have thought the interview room would have exploded due to the expanding egos.

You're so wrong.

Moon Knight. The Marvel wiki went through some wicked changes recently. I particularly like the ability to vote on how good their fighting skills are.

She wore a raincoat. That was her costume. Her fireworks were 99% harmless. Havok rules, you've got no case.

Never said Havoc wasn't cool. Oh, but Moon Knight is lame. :P

Scott and Jane are lame, I thought you got excited 'cause of some bizarre fetish. Can't imagine why I'd think that *looks at potsherds avatar*
Heh. I don't think kink qualifies for 'bizarre' anymore. ;)

Though Jean Grey, when Phoenix, could manipulate matter at a sub-atomic level. How cool is that?
Yeah, but seeing as (as far as I remember) Jean Gray wasn't under her own control as Phoenix, I don't count that. Phoenix was awesome, but Jean Gray, no.

Yeah, but seeing as (as far as I remember) Jean Gray wasn't under her own control as Phoenix, I don't count that. Phoenix was awesome, but Jean Gray, no.

Alright, Comic Geek Moment: Jean Grey was cool. But you're correct. She wasn't in control when she was the Phoenix (ne Dark Phoenix). Why is that? Well, the ret-con of John Byrne is that the Phoenix was a Force of Nature. Not something that controlled Jean Grey, so much as became Jean Grey, sending the wounded and battered Grey to a protective cocoon to the bottom of Jamaica Bay until she was healed. The cocoon was eventually discovered by the Fantastic Four and Avengers (mainly because Byrne was writing FF at the time), in time for Marvel to start the original X-Factor comic.

To keep the thread somewhat on TG pace: When Mastermind manipulated the mind of the phoenix Force as Jean Grey, one could say he made her thing rise, and that's why she went nutso and killed an entire star system (of peace loving aliens, if I remember correctly). :P

/Comic Geek Moment

Edited by Jaxom 1974

Awesome: (Not neccessarily in that order)

Jubilee

Spidey

Iron-Man

Dr. Strange

Thanos

Nova (Both of them)

Dr. Doom

Silver Surfer

Super-Skrull

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Nightcrawler

Lame:

Jean Grey

Jean Grey

Jean Grey

&

Jean Grey

Psylocke (at least the ninjafied asian version, the original was pretty cool)

Green Goblin (though Hobgoblins was cool)

Edited by Galactus

Let's stay on track here. This is not your typical thread, we are doing important human work here: bashing the Yeard. Let's try to remember that.

Pita, any Russian names over there are most probably mine.

If he lets go of the fact that he's a douche and decides to join us, I suggest making him the uberlemming.

A suggestion that is amazingly celerious and uncelerious at the same time. I mean, given how close Mystar is to the Yeard (nudge nudge, say no more) having his august presence here would be almost as good as being touched by Goodkind Himself. At the same time, he's such a colossal twat that the thought of sharing a board with him scares me. Still the suggestion that he could ever be the uberlemming is just blasphemy. Mad Moose should trample you for that thought.

While artistic, I don't get the relevance. :P

Nothing directly related to the threads. But I was watching either Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, or some other educational TV station and they were talking about how Submarines used SONAR to navigate and how creatures in the animal kingdom used the similar process of echolocation. When I was watching the show I said to myself "Hmmmm, how would Terry Goodkind use echolocation?"

I said that Mystar could be the uberlemming if he wasn't a douche.

I see certain lemmingish aspects in his writing, especially when he talks about celery.

However, he is a douche.

So he can't be an uberlemming.

I was speaking in Bizarro world, where Richard is a good person and Tairy writes fantasy.

Anyway, in reading Naked Empire, I noticed a gem, but I forgot which page it was on.

How about we dismantle some of Richard's speeches, due to Tairy's lack of appearance anywhere.

I was speaking in Bizarro world, where Richard is a good person and Tairy writes fantasy.

But Richard already is a good person, he says so himself. Oh wait, you mean Real World good... sorry, too much Tairy has blunted my ability to discern subtlety and shades of gray.

Anyway, in reading Naked Empire, I noticed a gem, but I forgot which page it was on.

How about we dismantle some of Richard's speeches, due to Tairy's lack of appearance anywhere.

Pick a speech, oh un-yearded yet yeasty one and we can all snark (or intelligently critique) as we please. Remember, we're lemmings and need to be shown the cliff before we can leap.

I guess I'll link to this, although really it doesn't deserve any commentary, as it's just someone frustrated with the cycle, I suppose. After all, there's that "Reason's Light" website if some of you want some real ammo, but I'm not going to bother finding the URL for that one on a Friday night :P

That's the best forum thread I've ever read of all the ones posted here that link to TG.net. I think Pita aquits him/herself well. And we should totally involve on of the one-liners in our next thread.

Also, the set of posts reinforce my belief that the Yeardites who aren't giant fantard 'Goodkind saved my life and can do no wrong'-types are quite decent. SilverStar was very kind to provide us an accurate and centralized list of argument shortcuts. I think it also illustrates that there's a fundamental disagreement in aesthetics that'll never be bridged between the two boards. Oh well, let's mock the yeard.

Does anyone actually believe that Tairy has ever played any sport in his entire life?

Visualization is a legit technique in sport psych. It's used at high-levels, like Olympic levels, more as a way of programming the neurons to fire in the specific pattern you want, and to prepare yourself for competition mentally. It's also used by herb-swallowing, crystal-worshipping hippy New-Agers who think their disobedient children are avatars and that there's a teleology to the universe. 'Course, they use it more to get stuff they want than win at competetive sports. So one is used to improve one's own performance, the other is used in an attempt to magically (spaghetti-bounce) force the universe to adhere to your wishes.

In all fairness (almost chokes on saying this), WFR had only just been released and it was hard to detect then (although later books revealed the fullness of the emerging Objectivist claptrap bent that Goodkind was giving this) that it was anything other than a standard epic fantasy opener.

Plus, he still had sufficient promise that the blatant ripping off of other authors and the tropes of fantasy were more forgivable.

Erzulie's post was a magnificent literary statue that made me weep. Underneath, in my mind, was written 'Yeardii = Douchebag'.

Isn't this a Tairy thread?

It is perfectly legitemate to co-opt a thread to discuss comics. Comics rule.

Turn the 'b' around and add an 'n', you've got it right.

I mean, I enjoy reading Tairy (now you people hate me) but it does not mean that I don't enjoy making fun of the moron for what he says outside of the books.

So long as you enjoy it as escapist literature and not a means of self-improvement, I'm cool with you, we can still be friends.

I'm wondering if anyone ever has looked into Lynn Flewelling's own online history. Considering that she almost gang-pressed her blog readers into voting for her in FBS's Tournament this year, there were some amusing exchanges there a few months ago. That is why I got such a chuckle out of seeing that she was the one who interviewed Tairy way back when. I would have thought the interview room would have exploded due to the expanding egos.

Link. LINK!!

Never said Havoc wasn't cool. Oh, but Moon Knight is lame. :P

Yeah, I don't know why I liked Moon Knight, I just did.

Heh. I don't think kink qualifies for 'bizarre' anymore. ;)

Depends on the kink, doesn't it? Bondage, S&M, piss, feet, I'm cool with them. Cosplay? Bukkake? Car exhaust? I don't get it.

Agreed. Manipulation of matter on a sub-atomic level = cool.

Alright, Comic Geek Moment: Jean Grey was cool. But you're correct. She wasn't in control when she was the Phoenix (ne Dark Phoenix). Why is that? Well, the ret-con of John Byrne is that the Phoenix was a Force of Nature. Not something that controlled Jean Grey, so much as became Jean Grey, sending the wounded and battered Grey to a protective cocoon to the bottom of Jamaica Bay until she was healed. The cocoon was eventually discovered by the Fantastic Four and Avengers (mainly because Byrne was writing FF at the time), in time for Marvel to start the original X-Factor comic.

To keep the thread somewhat on TG pace: When Mastermind manipulated the mind of the phoenix Force as Jean Grey, one could say he made her thing rise, and that's why she went nutso and killed an entire star system (of peace loving aliens, if I remember correctly). :P

/Comic Geek Moment

Now I have to listen to Jaxom, he fed my inner geek.

Awesome: (Not neccessarily in that order)

Jubilee

Spidey

Iron-Man

Dr. Strange

Thanos

Nova (Both of them)

Dr. Doom

Silver Surfer

Super-Skrull

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Nightcrawler

Lame:

Jean Grey

Jean Grey

Jean Grey

&

Jean Grey

Psylocke (at least the ninjafied asian version, the original was pretty cool)

Green Goblin (though Hobgoblins was cool)

With a name like Galactus, I'd think you would have better taste. Seriously, Dr. Strange? Though you do have Emma Frost. Yeah, that makes us for it. I'll go google her now.

"Look at me, I have a psychic knife. Oops, I'm dead!" - Psylocke.

I like Jean Grey...

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING

don't hurt me...

That might get you hurt. *slaps*

Enjoy my latest artistic masterpieces:

Page 1

Page 2

Click on the pictures to get the full size, otherwise the text will be hard to read.

You're a weird guy Zap. But I'm still amused.

Nothing directly related to the threads. But I was watching either Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, or some other educational TV station and they were talking about how Submarines used SONAR to navigate and how creatures in the animal kingdom used the similar process of echolocation. When I was watching the show I said to myself "Hmmmm, how would Terry Goodkind use echolocation?"

Did we ever figure out how Goodkind would eat a Klondike bar? Or was that Smarties?

But Richard already is a good person, he says so himself. Oh wait, you mean Real World good... sorry, too much Tairy has blunted my ability to discern subtlety and shades of gray.

Gray or gay? I discern repressed homoeroticism in the Books of the Yeard.