Goodkind XXVII: Welcome to the Yeard Reich

swedeheadchris

I'm going to admit... I just don't get it.

The point was to have Richard drop lines straight from Transmetropolitan with only some words changed (Republican Mud People) and see how it worked out.

Spider Jerusalem, the main character of Transmetropolitan is basically Hunter S Thompson in the future, with better drugs. He may be Richards polar opposite but they both like to rant furiously on the subject of democracy and voting and commit violent acts with "truthy" objects.

Surely Warren Ellis stole all of his best stuff from Tairy.

It's only fair he gives some of it back in this parody. Unfortunately my skills wasn't up to the task.

Edited by danro

It's only fair he gives some of it back in this parody. Unfortunately my skills wasn't up to the task.

I don't know if I'd say all that. It was funny. Probably just something I'd have been able to better appreciate, had I been familiar with the source material.

Though I do have a slightly better understanding, now, for your explanation.

Edited by Muttering Bill

We've had, what, 7 parodies now in the past few weeks. Not enough for you?

It helps.

But there are times the GK threads walk that fine line from being brilliant as opposed to being just another TTNE. We're better than that.

What we need is Confessor to get here.

I considered making a Richard Rahl character in COV, ("I once kicked a girl in the jaw so her teeth fell out.") but I don't know what AT/powerset he should have (villains don't have swors, alas, except ninja swords)

Depends. Do you want to be called lame? Let me know your response. Honestly, is he even a doctor? And if he is, why didn't he just doctor himself a new face? Lame.

Perhaps he's a Doctor of Journalism? He's just misused, that's all.

Team him up with Spider Jerusalem, and then tell me he's lame.

Edited by Red Templar

Fear and loathing in D'Hara?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning."

Edited by Higravity

Fear and loathing in D'Hara

"We can't stop here. This is chicken country."

Wow!

Make that longer and you'll be my own personal hero.

(Though obviously not as hereoic as Hunter S Rahl, the moral mutant.)

Bonus points for including near fatal amounts of amyl-nitrite and/or ether.

Edited by danro

Definitely can't forget about the ether...

The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

ETA: Can't forget about the Gars, either.

We're right in the middle of a fucking Gar zoo! And somebody's giving booze to these goddamn things!

Edited by Red Templar

Looks like someone has decided to give us his opinion about the most interesting matters in speculative fiction, like this. ;)

Authoritarian Fantasy? Neither the former nor the later.

I’ve noticed that certain liberal minded blogger called Jonathan McCalmont has decided to criticize fantasy because he considers that it’s authoritarian. Oddly enough I should agree with him since I don’t like fantasy (neither I do write fantasy) and I dislike any form of authoritarism. Those of you who have read my novels will have noticed that freedom is one of the main ideas of my series. In my novels the heroes are fighting against an oppressive and authoritarian empire, the heroes are leaders of those who want to live free; they lead because they are seekers of truth.

It’s clear that this blogger hasn’t read my books, or maybe he has read them and is not mature enough to understand them. He considers them fantasy and we all know that I do not write fantasy, my books are about important human themes, they look like fantasy books and some elements of fantasy appear but they aren’t fantasy books. I think that this blogger has this problem, he hasn’t read my books, or maybe he has just read a few pages of one or two. What leads me to suspect this is that he is talking about a fantasy book by George R.R. Martin and some of this author’s fans (we know how they are) are pointing out many of the things this blogger has misunderstood.

I will not commend on George R.R. Martin books. He writes fantasy after all and I will not be bothered with this dying genre. But let me ask you a question: if this Jonathan McCalmont is unable to understand one of George R.R. Martin books how could he be able just to start palping the real message in my books? It’s easy to understand, isn’t it? Why do I have to suffer seeing my name written besides Jordan, Martin, Lynch and their ilk?

T.G.

What we need is Confessor to get here.

A horrible thought occurred to me. What will we ever do when Tairy stops writing? How will we survive when there are no more jaw-kicking, spine-removing O-ist Dicks to mock? I need a drink and I haven't even looked at the words of the Yeard today.

A horrible thought occurred to me. What will we ever do when Tairy stops writing? How will we survive when there are no more jaw-kicking, spine-removing O-ist Dicks to mock? I need a drink and I haven't even looked at the words of the Yeard today.

There is always Newcombe, or S*anek. ;) Honestly, if he does stop writing, I'll be one of the happiest woman on earth. :)

While an interesting discussion, I do not believe that TG, should he actually read things on the internet, which he says he doesn't do, would actually deign to read something like that, let alone comment on it. He's tall like most men, but he isn't most men and all that jazz. :P

A horrible thought occurred to me. What will we ever do when Tairy stops writing?

Lets make a toast to the Yeards long life, health and productivity everyone!

What on earth would we do if we couldn't haunt the internet, devoting our lives to the mockery of that wich is good*.

We would be forced to find out what we enjoy in life and start enjoying it, living life to the fullest extent that a life could be lived. A fate worse than death-choosing.

Not to mention his poor fans! They would be completely lost without Richard telling, not showing them what to do.

*) That would be the work of his Yeardliness, Ayn Rand, Aristoteles and... well, that's it folks.