GOODKIND XXVIII: Downtime is for Death Choosers!

The Wolf Maid

We had some good parodies last thread. Min keeps feeding us little pieces of her Bill and Ted parody, but... where's FT1B with the next part of his(?)? I liked it so much that I had to buy City of Saints and Madmen, just to see where it came from. And I was promised a sequel damnit! :tantrum:

I'm sorry. I started law school a couple of weeks ago and it's consumed all of my time, both discretionary and non. However, I did promise a sequel, and it will come. Soon. Just as soon as I finish my reading for Civil Procedure...

Next time, when you get drunk, bring a fellow lemming wirth you. ;)

I think that two lemmings in company would be incapable of not bringing up the Yeard at some point. Then we'd want to have a drink to take our minds off it, except that as we drink we'd start remembering horrible scenes. I can just imagine it: "Hey, remember the barbed namble cock-rape?", "Ahh, that's nothing next to 'If you don't join my club I'll kill all your male citizens and send all the females (including mine own sister) to the rapists'", "Oh yeah, how about the Chicken That Is Not A Chicken"... and as you drank to wipe away the memories you'd find even worse examples and you'd need to drink more and more and more... and then you'll suddenly get the bright idea to smash your beer bottle against the table and try to rip out the bartender's spine (because after three hours he's starting to look like the Yeard) and before you know it, you're lying face-down on the pavement in handcuffs with a nightstick up your ass. No, lemmings may be Evil Collectivists but we probably shouldn't drink together.

@word

I think reading the amount of Tairy that some of us have read gives a capabile defense of insanity in the court of law. Thus the drinking of bags full of liquor and fighting anything that has a beard and/or a ponytail should be forgiven. If not welcome to the world of felony convictions at least you don't have to vote anymore you commie bastard.

@ word - You know, consuming alcohol makes you a party to mass-murder. So there's another charge you'll have to face. Criminal! :P

Did you just compare word to Richard Rahl? I mean, Richard doesn't drink...I don't think...but still, the rest of the comparison...

Did you just compare word to Richard Rahl? I mean, Richard doesn't drink...I don't think...but still, the rest of the comparison...

Yes but Richard does eat meat, which means that he thinks its okay for him to murder people (because it is in fact that only thing he could've done to deal with the peace protesters). It also means he deserves victory of course. Anyway, comparing me to Richard Rahl is just plain not nice. C'mon now.

sigh am i still the only noob on the board that's looking vaguely forward to confessor?

We're all looking forward to it. You can only ridicule the same old shit so many times. We're running low on material. The new book will make us all, in a backwards-universe kind of way, very happy.

sigh am i still the only noob on the board that's looking vaguely forward to confessor?

If you mean that you actually care about the fucking pricks heroes or the plot that we lost four books ago then yes. If you mean for purposes of mockery then no, you are not alone in your anticipation.

Actually, it was a reference to Tairy's statement about drug users being accomplices to the murders commited by dealers. You know, alcohol being a drug - or at least drug-like, if you prefer.

Seems that it was poorly done. :dunno:

But Terry is Richard and Richard is Terry right?

I meant it tongue in cheek in any case, so no worries. :P

I think we all are in our own unique ways. :P

But oneeye, I am looking forward to Confessor, plotwise and mockwise. I just want to see Richard die, you see.

While we're all hoping for Richard's prolonged, agonizing and pointless death, I'm going to have to take those fantasies and beat them with the iron bar of Reality (almost as truthy as the Sword of Truth but without the aggressive quillions). This is, after all, the Yeard we're talking about. He's not going to kill Richard since being dead is a flaw and his O-ist characters can't have any of those.

Archived