Robert Jordan has passed away

aidan

• 1 month later...

Wow I am a bit behind the times as I just heard about this today.

It actually made me tear up a bit. I have not read a Jordan novel in years, but I that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what his writing did for me.

I started reading his novels in 6th grade, and was completely taken by them. I loved them, and more then that they provided a constant companion for what turned out to be some of the most ruff years of my life. His world gave me a place of solace and I would never be able to thank him enough for that. I wish now that I had written him a thank you letter, or something…

It truly breaks my heart to know he never saw his series finished, and that he was taken from the world much too soon. My most heart felt condolences go out to his family. :cry:

What a lovely post by Feist.

Yes, I had also read that he had done outlines and notes for the last book but it still needs to be written out. I'm guessing RJ wrote all the interesting parts but the writer they hired has to add in all the sniffing, braird tugging and descriptions of dresses in. I can't imagine RJ bothering to write the detailed physical descriptions on his deathbed. Hopefully the new writer will first compile all the various prophecies and readings so nothing gets left out.

• 8 months later...
Though he might not have been the most loved author here on the Westeros Forums, I thought it prudent to post this.

Dragonmount, Jordan's blog, has announced that he passed away today at 2:45 PM. You can find details here.

RIP.

I didn't realize it had been a year ago on Tuesday, the 16th.

RIP Robert, we still miss you

I didn't realize it had been a year ago on Tuesday, the 16th.

RIP Robert, we still miss you

Wow time really flies. thats both good and bad I guess.

Anyhow, does anyone know if the book is being written or anywhere close to it? The conclusion should not be in doubt as I recall back when I wasinto AWoT (wayyy back, I gave up after book 8) Mr. Rigney had told his community (the very old html single thread based forum) he had the ending/conclusion of WoT written up and locked away inside a safe. So the conlusion ought to be according to what Jordan wanted.

Wow time really flies. thats both good and bad I guess.

Anyhow, does anyone know if the book is being written or anywhere close to it? The conclusion should not be in doubt as I recall back when I wasinto AWoT (wayyy back, I gave up after book 8) Mr. Rigney had told his community (the very old html single thread based forum) he had the ending/conclusion of WoT written up and locked away inside a safe. So the conlusion ought to be according to what Jordan wanted.

Brandon sanderson seems to be a very neat and organized person, and he has a status bar for his current projects up on his site, which he pretty much updates every day. He also updates his blog regularly with news about how the writing is going and such.

In any case, if you want to know how far he is you can just check his site (www.brandonsanderson.com) to see how it's coming along:)

I think the expectations are currently for it to be released about fall 2009. I dont think it'll be any earlier than that, at least.

From what can be understood from Sanderson's blog posts, RJ did indeed write the beginning and the end of the book, but there's still a LOT of story to be written in between. Obviously they're going to make it like Jordan wanted as much as possible, before he died he pretty much told the whole story to his family, and this along with the stuff that was already written by him will make the book completely to Jordan's wishes, although obviously it'll be a somewhat different writing style; there's no avoiding that.

• 11 months later...

Archived