NFL III

Xray the Enforcer

Romo is crazy good. Damn. If he had a bit more accuracy, he would be the best QB in the country. As it is, I'd put him behind only Manning and Brady.

Wanted to see him against a great defense. Guess my questions have been answered.

Looks like we have our class of the NFC.

ETA: Shit, even Roy Williams is picking off Rex. That's usually the death knell for a QB.

To be fair to Sexy Rexy, not even Peyton and his rocket laser arm could have gotten that ball through that triple coverage. ;)

Yeah, Peyton and for that matter Brady and even Romo would have found a better play someplace else.

OOOPS there he goes again.

Yep. Griese would have definately won that game. Easily. Griese is the best QB ever.

Cal, do you know who's not the best QB ever? Rex. Do you know who threw a pass for the Bears today without an INT? Robbie Gould.

I'd bet that he's easily among the bottom 3 or 4 in QB rating of guys who have started all 3 games.

ETA: I checked. Rexy's claim to fame? "I'm better than Tarvaris Jackson."

this should be a great week of sports talk radio. My beloved Cowboys thrashed the Bears, Rex sucked, Ceddy Bear fumbled, Rex Sucked, the vaunted Bears D got rolled over in the 2nd half, and wow....Rex sucked. He's actually getting worse. Soemthing tells me, however, that he won't get benched yet. Virginia McCaskey thinks he's a VERY nice boy and is good friends with Rex'sparents. :lol: Yes...that's how football decisions are made in Chicago. :P

This win ALMOST makes up for the 44-o loss way back in '85. almost

:owned: Okay, it was Dallas, so it blows that much more, but I was prepared. I can take it.

Unless they lose to the Lions next week. A return to that state of affairs must not happen, oh god the phone will ring and ding and ring..

This win ALMOST makes up for the 44-o loss way back in '85. almost

:lol: Yeah, that was awesome; thanks Treb, I needed that pickmeup. Memoriieess.. :P

You know, IIRC, Ditka got busted drinking and driving while out celebrating that win. If that happened now.. hafta wonder, what would happen to a coach who got a DUI, as far as league repercussions?

I love our O-Line, they really remind me of the monster lines in the '90's, and I have a HUGE Man-Crush on Troy... uh, I mean... Tony Romo. Btw seeing Roy Williams make a pick was one of the highlights of the Game.

The Offense is definitely legit, however I still want to see our Pass-D against a credible Passing attack. Until then I'm cautiously optimistic about the future.

Simonous, I think you already knew what your title is going to be.

Brady>Elway

I didn't have any idea, but I was sure I'd win so I didn't think about it. Oh well, we'll just have to tear up the Colts next week.

But I was way wrong this week. I didn't see defense being the problem in this game.

Edit: Oh and yeah Stego, that title hurts. It really really hurts. I can't remember the stipulations though--it was just the title not my name right? Either way it hurts.

Caliban, why is your title not changed? If you're waiting until Monday, then I expect your new title to be up through all of next Sunday.

I think I said something along the lines of 'Dallas wins by double digits,' right?

And I called Garrard and the Jags.

And I submit I would also have been right about the Texans had Green and Johnson played. Ah, well. Injuries happen, I guess. Still, it sucks to still be less than perfect.

How many years in a row can I go against the so-called experts and pick so many damn games and still not start my own gambling service, you ask? Good question.

Let's not get crazy about Romo. That stupendous defense of the Bears was barely approaching adequate once Briggs went down. (Funny how we saw Urlacher look oh-so-mediocre without some talent around him.)

Jason Witten is better than Shockey or Heap or Gonzalez (these days, anyway).

The Colts are nowhere near the team they were last year.

The Broncos are a joke.

The AFC East, sans the Pats, might as well defect to the NFC.

Favre looks like Favre circa 1996.

McNabb needs to do it for more than one game. Flashes of brilliance against a perennial loser will not cut it.

Are the Redskins good or do they suck? I don't know yet.

The Jets and the Giants are both horrible, yet they both won this week. Happy Birthday, George.

I did not expect this much out of Randy Moss. But I can tell you this.... he wasn't hurt very badly during preseason. Belichick just didn't want to show him off. And I bet he practiced every day after the media portion of practice.

LT needs a slap from Don Corleone. "You could act like a man!"

Bet San Diego misses Marty Ball now.

Baltimore is weaker than I thought they'd be.

Rex Grossman would be an improvement for Notre Dame. There! I said something positive about him.

I'm really sorry for Pozluzny. And Wilfork was tackled into Losman, it wasn't intentional.

"...but the ball was thrown well and the receiver is arguably in the top 10, maybe in the top five, in terms of skill." - Dick Jauron on Randy Moss.

MAYBE, Dick? Maybe? How about top 2, and Marvin is getting old.

:lol: Yeah, that was awesome; thanks Treb, I needed that pickmeup. Memoriieess.. :P

You know, IIRC, Ditka got busted drinking and driving while out celebrating that win. If that happened now.. hafta wonder, what would happen to a coach who got a DUI, as far as league repercussions?

Damned Ditka...he ran the damn score up on Tom Landry. I've NEVER gotten over that. I got teased for YEARS. :tantrum: Wade Phillips was too classy for that tonite. I was just hoping Rexy would throw another pick so the Cowboys could get over the 40 mark :D

and yeaaah...I think that was the DUI incident. I wonder what Jim McMahon would have gotten for mooning. :P

As far as my Cowboys...besides the obvious...I'm really impressed with the o-line, particularly Leonard Davis. He's been a great pickup. And 1st round draft choice Anthony Spencer has been solid providing a pass rush replacing Greg Ellis.

Wow, that was a shit game by Grossman. Really, by all the Bears. I know that they were sucking on the injury part, but TO just carved them up on zone crossing routes. Over and over again. It was just sad. Romo looked great out there. Not super accurate, but able to avoid pressure and dump the ball off to the right guy again and again.

But really, it was a fairly close game until Grossman threw his pick 6.

Like I said before - Grossman just flat-out loses games that are winnable. This one isn't entirely on Grossman's head - no one really played well - but he definitely takes the cake for sucking.

Like I said before - Grossman just flat-out loses games that are winnable. This one isn't entirely on Grossman's head - no one really played well - but he definitely takes the cake for sucking.

No excuses, that game blew. But when you lose three pro bowlers on the defensive side of the ball against a pretty good up and coming offense, you see what happens.

Add to that no running game (still), concrete handed recievers, or recievers who just can't play anymore and a QB who can't get better if the first two aren't working out...well, you get a blow out.

Rex deserves the short leash he came into the season on. I'm not so sure he deserves the team he was given to showcase whether or not he could grow into his job.

Rex Grossman isn't much of a QB right now, but he's still problem number three on this team. There's no running game. No running game means that there's no flexibility on the offense with what Rex can do, if he's ever given a chance too. So no running game means more throwing. But to whom? Berrian's still only a number 2 at best, not a 1. And he seems to have cases of the drops at the worst time. And Moose? He's either hurt or no longer gives a damn.

I'm rambling, and it looks like I'm defending Rex here more than he deserves, but what I'm really trying to say is that you can stick Griese in all you want, but if there's no running game and the recievers can't catch the ball, well then the season is over and suddenly maybe it isn't quite as much Rex's fault as it seems.

Sigh, this Rams team makes me cry. The Defense is much better.... and somehow the offence has become worst in the NFL.... why!!!! :cry:

Not to be snarky, but IMO Holt (age 31) is slowing down some and Bruce (age 34) has lost a step as well. Those were the guys the Rams passing attack leaned on for so long, and on top of that the third and fourth stringers had ridiculous speed as well-- Shaun McDonald, Az Hakim, Kevin Curtis-- all speedsters. Drew Bennett? Not so much.

On top of that, Orlando Pace has been fragile of late and it doesn't really seem like the Rams have invested much in the way of their OL in recent years with the exception of 3rd round pick Richie Incognito (who has also been hurt a fair amount). So really, coupled with some recurring defensive problems (I don't think the Rams are out of the woods yet there) I'm just amazed that the hype is still surrounding this team season after season. St. Louis had some great talent to build around for a long time. The problem is they failed to do it effectively following the 2001 season, and while they were failing their core group of guys was slowly crumbling due to age. The collapse this season is the cumulative effect of plenty of bad drafts finally coming to fruition. Just my two cents, though.

Archived