What's the deal with old threads?

IthilanorStPete

How do you change your title thing? You know how your title changes with your post count? Right now I'm 'Noble'. How can I get a custom title? I didn't see a function for it on my controls.

It's outlined in the FAQ the post numbers and associated titles. Custom council title is earned once you reach 700 posts. (actually, it will not be activated until you make the 701st).

Intentional function, i.e. I deleted them.

The board was taking over 20GB of database space, which is simply too much. So we periodically clean out older topics.

Is there some way of flagging particular threads as allowed to trickle to the bottom, but not be cleaned out?

Mostly I'm thinking of the mafia games in Forum Games. Reading old games is a good way for new players to learn the strategy. But I'm sure there are some threads in the other areas that people want to preserve and yet not have them pinned to the top.

Sophelia takes care of pruning the Forum Games thread for us. Unfortunately, there's no easy way... Well, I suppose creating a Mafia Archive where a couple of select mafia games are placed would be doable.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't delete any mafia games unless they have been saved, now. Kurokaze has quite a lot of them because he had a fast way of saving them, but he hasn't been able to keep up, so I have it on my list to manually save all the remaining games. So eventually they'll be available on a seperate site. Keep reminding me to get on with it, Teri.

Archived