Things to do

Inactive User

In the absence of Marcus and Aeleron, I'll take over for a few minutes (*insert manic laugh*) and try and get something done in their absence. Lists of things we need to get done

1. List of cool quotes (M2TW Loading Screen quotes)

2. Some cool loading screens for M2TW with a Westeros origin. If you can find more of Amok's art or are yourself a graphics artist, please donate some pics :P

So, yeah, the deal is, right now, post some good quotes that you feel capture the feeling of Westeros. And the quotee (sp?). Whatever. Just post some cool quotes. Thanks. And some wallpapers / loading screens or whatever you can design...

Quotes, taken from AWoIaF:

Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. - Tyrion Lannister

There are no men like me. There's only me. - Jaime Lannister

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. - The Priests of the Drowned God

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. - Ned Stark

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground. - Cersei Lannister

I put together a list of quotes, conveniently packaged into a text file for the game. I tried to pull as many that were applicable to battles, as befits the game, but that didn't stop a few forays into whimsy. Warning: it's long.

"Those are brave men. Let's go kill them."

-Tyrion Lannister, at the battle of Blackwater Bay

"This is your city Stannis means to sack, and that's your gate he's bringing down! So come with me and kill the son of a bitch!"

-Tyrion Lannister, at the battle of Blackwater Bay

"The King eats, and the Hand takes the shit."

-Smallfolk Saying

"As High As Honor"

-Words of House Arryn

"Winter Is Coming"

-Words of House Stark

"Hear Me Roar"

-Words of House Lannister

"We Do Not Sow"

-Words of House Greyjoy

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

-Words of House Martell

"Growing Strong"

-Words of House Tyrell

"What do you think a knight is for, girl? You think it's all taking favors from ladies and looking fine in gold plate? Knights are for killing."

-Sandor Clegane, to Sansa Stark

"Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

-Tyrion Lannister, to Jon Snow

"Mercy, there's a bloody trap. Too much and they call you weak, too little and you're monstrous."

-Theon Greyjoy

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

-Eddard Stark

"In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden's mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty."

-Tyrion Lannister, asked how he would like to die

"Under the sea, the fish eat us. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

-Patchface

"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner."

-Tywin Lannister

"You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children."

-Oberyn Martell, to Gregor Clegane

"That's no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too."

-Yoren

"Without question? No. I'd ask how much."

-Bronn, asked if he would kill an infant without question

"The gall of them, fighting back!"

-Tyrion Lannister

"No one wants you for their king. Sorry."

-Renly Baratheon, to Stannis

"Hodor!"

-Hodor

"I swear it by earth and water. I swear it by bronze and iron. We swear it by ice and fire."

-Jojen and Meera Reed

"This is not the day I die."

-Jojen Reed

"Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me."

-Dolorous Edd Tollett

"I don't imply, Frey. I say what I mean straight out, like an honest man. But what would you know of the ways of honest men? You're a treacherous lying weasel, like all your kin. I'd sooner drink a pint of piss than take the word of any Frey."

-Marq Piper

"Ours Is The Fury"

-Words of House Baratheon

"Family, Duty, Honor"

-Words of House Tully

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."

-Varys

"Fire and Blood"

-Words of House Targaryen

"I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago."

-Balon Greyjoy

"Say that with a sword in your hand, Frey. Or do you only fight with smears of shit?"

-Marq Piper

"My uncle always said that it was the sword in a man’s hand that determined his worth, not the one between his legs."

-Arianne Martell

"Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you."

-Sandor Clegane

"Put down your steel now, and I promise you shall have a quick and painless death."

-Robb Stark

"The wolves are howling, but such a small pack."

-Jaime Lannister

"Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died."

-Jorah Mormont

"Why is it always the innocents suffer most, when you high lords play your game of thrones?"

-Varys

"Clean hands, Sansa. Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean."

-Petyr Baelish

"We will fight a battle and then we’ll rest. Alive or dead, we’ll rest."

-Jon Snow

"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

-Syrio Forel

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

-Jaime Lannister

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

-Cersei Lannister

"If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look him into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."

-Eddard Stark

"Look with your eyes."

-Syrio Forel

"A harp is as dangerous as a sword, in the right hands."

-Petyr Baelish

"If I could pray with my cock, I'd be much more religious."

-Tyrion Lannister

"No one we could have used."

-Bronn, asked if he had killed any recruits

"So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was."

-Septon Meribald, on the War of the Ninepenny Kings

"You helped me win this damnable throne, now help me hold it."

-Robert Baratheon

"Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse."

-Robert Baratheon

"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

-Varys

"Rhaegar...Rhaegar won, damn him. I killed him, Ned, I drove the spike right through that black armor into his black heart and he died at my feet. They made up songs about it. Yet somehow he still won."

-Robert Baratheon

"Crown! A crown for cart king!"

-Khal Drogo, killing Viserys Targaryen with molten gold

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

-Vow of the Night's Watch

"I know little and care less of gods, but the red priestess has power."

-Stannis Baratheon

"Know the men who follow you, and let them know you. Don't ask your men to die for a stranger."

-Eddard Stark

"Too much light can hurt the eyes, my friend, and fire burns."

-Salladhor Saan

"Which is more dangerous, the dagger brandished by an enemy, or the hidden one pressed to your back by someone you never even see?"

-Petyr Baelish

"All these kings would do a deal better if they would put down their swords and listen to their mothers."

-Oleanna Tyrell

"My lord father taught me it was death to bare steel before you liege lord, but doubtless you only meant to cut my meat."

-Robb Stark

"A small man with a big shield. You'll give the archers fits."

Bronn, to Tyrion

"When I'm king in my own right, I'm going to outlaw beets."

-Tommen Baratheon

"What is dead can never die."

-Ironborn Saying

"No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair."

-Aeron Greyjoy

"You've just been good and foraged."

-Lem Lemoncloak

"Weese, Dunsen, Chiswyck, Polliver, Raff the Sweetling. The Tickler and the Hound. Ser Gregor, Ser Armory, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, King Joffrey, Queen Cersei."

-Arya's Prayer

"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king at all."

-Tywin Lannister

"A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."

-Eddard Stark

"Valor is a poor substitute for numbers."

-Doran Martell

"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood."

-Doran Martell

"A bag of dragons buys a man's silence for a while, but a well-placed quarrel buys it forever."

-Petyr Baelish

"First lesson: stick them with the pointy end."

-Jon Snow, on swordplay

"The Kingsguard does not flee."

-Gerold Hightower

"First I killed her screaming little whelp. Then I raped her. Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this."

-Gregor Clegane

"When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet."

-Tywin Lannister

"I did warn you not to trust me, you know."

-Petyr Baelish

"Gods, how did we come to this? You here, and me killed by a pig. We won a throne together..."

-Robert Baratheon

"You may well have the better claim, Stannis, but I have the larger army."

-Renly Baratheon

"King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

-Barristan Selmy

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"

-Dolorous Edd Tollett

"The traitors want my city, but I'll give them naught but ashes. Let Robert be king over charred bones and cooked meat."

-Aerys Targaryen

"A naked man has few secrets, but a flayed man's got none."

-Roose Bolton

"I let each man cut me once, before I kill him. Count the cuts and you will know how many Strong Belwas has slain."

-Strong Belwas

"Some wars are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens."

-Tywin Lannister

"A man who fears battle wins no victories."

-Barristan Selmy

"Our honor means no more than our lives, so long as the realm is safe. Are you a man of the Night's watch?"

-Qhorin Halfhand

"Do you have any notion what happens when a city is sacked, Sansa? No, you wouldn’t, would you? All you know of life you learned from singers, and there is such a dearth of good sacking songs."

-Cersei Lannister

"Only death can pay for life."

-Mirri Maz Duur

"The living should smile, for the dead cannot."

-Dagmer Cleftjaw

"Death by poison can seem natural. Harder to claim that my head simply fell off."

-Jaime Lannister

"Only two sons and one of them's a twisted little monster. I'll match him son for son, and I'll still have nineteen and a half left when all his are dead!"

-Walder Frey

"All men are fools, if truth be told, but the ones in motley are more amusing than the ones with crowns."

-Oleanna Tyrell

"These ones shall obey."

-Unsullied Saying

"Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends."

-Donal Noye

"Thappireth!"

-Vargo Hoat

"Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next."

-Petyr Baelish

"If you can't protect yourself, die and get out of the way of those who can. Sharp steel and strong arms rule this world, don't ever believe any different."

-Sandor Clegane

"A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face."

-Sandor Clegane

"Look around you, and take a good whiff. They're all liars here...and every one better than you."

-Sandor Clegane

I've been sitting back silently hoping and praying to the Old Gods, the New, and Rh'llor, that this mod would come to fruition. I've even been sacrificing a few to the Others as a hedge ;).

Pleaseee don't let this die. If nothing else, release an "ASOIAF Lite" containing the work so far.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Hmm...

Here's another one from The Hedge Knight:

"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell."

- Andal proverb

I purchased and read the graphic novel version of The Hedge Knight a couple of days ago. I'm going to go over to the TWCenter and see if I can't make some loading screens myself. Do we have like, a link to the font for Westeros: Total War?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the loading screens done. I also have some of the game buttons done, but one or two of them need a lil work. I did the portraits and can do more but I had a question about them befor I do more work on them. If thier is any more 2-D work thats needs to be done right away let me know.

I have the loading screens done. I also have some of the game buttons done, but one or two of them need a lil work. I did the portraits and can do more but I had a question about them befor I do more work on them. If thier is any more 2-D work thats needs to be done right away let me know.

I don't know the first thing about modding, but man I can't wait for this one to be done. I'd LOVE to play this game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived