GOODKIND XXIX: BRING ON THE STUPID

Myshkin

I find myself running out of things to say. That will change when Confessor is released, though. I'm gonna buy it and read it and make fun of it. These threads seem to be slowing down a bit, eh? Hopefully XXX is the current one when Confessor is released.

My library will likely buy 2 copies sometime after release, probably take a week or more to process them, and judging by what happened with Phantom last year, there'll be a fairly long reserve list on both copies, so I won't see it on the shelves for quite some time. I happen to work at said library, too.

Anyway, I bought all the others, so I'll buy this one and complete the set.

My library will likely buy 2 copies sometime after release, probably take a week or more to process them, and judging by what happened with Phantom last year, there'll be a fairly long reserve list on both copies, so I won't see it on the shelves for quite some time. I happen to work at said library, too.

Only Mad Moose has been granted Special Exemption to Rule #3. He, and only he, may feed the Yeard. If you cannot wait for the library to get a copy then your best option is to go to the book store and read it IN STORE.

I find myself running out of things to say. That will change when Confessor is released, though. I'm gonna buy it and read it and make fun of it. These threads seem to be slowing down a bit, eh? Hopefully XXX is the current one when Confessor is released.

Several things:

- The symbiotic nature of the Goodkind threads cause me great personal conflict. I know I'm going to read the book via library checkout, but doesn't this have a net impact of the library possibly buying more copies of the book? It's a double bind.

- As far as I'm concerned, the GK threads went to a permanent crawl when QotD was verboten. The parodies help, but there are only so many important human themes that can be wedged into a different setting. It makes me sad, but I'm gonna keep beating this dead horse, if only to get the small satisfaction that certain people take great umbrage that anyone would question Tairy's wisdom.

- I'd like to get a lemming concensus on a half-page of choice things to print out that can be slipped into a Goodkind novel, for the express purpose of warning people off of buying a novel. I have a short list of Tairy quotes, along with the sentences where he kicks Violet (titled "Protagonist Abusing Children") and the pacifist killing ("Protagonist Killing Peace Protestors"), but would like to have some sort of communist vote on what people think should go into this.

Only Mad Moose has been granted Special Exemption to Rule #3. He, and only he, may feed the Yeard. If you cannot wait for the library to get a copy then your best option is to go to the book store and read it IN STORE.

Short of ripping out my spine, I fail to see how you plan on stopping me.

I hate the fact that I've missed out on the shuffling of avatars. I'm thinking of getting a new one myself if I can be arsed to modify and upload a picture I've got sitting on my Mac at home. BTW:

You are a cruel, horrific tease. You would be a worthy Mord-Sith you would. Go on, put the electric butt-plug of pain where the sun only shines in extremely rare occasions...

:D NHAW rocks. We should have something like that, only with chickens or goats or TG books instead of hats. :)

Where the Yeard is concerned, the only list I'm on is the blackhit list! :P

Fixed. Wert is probably in the same list as you are.

What's scary about all this is that I've been a part of this for longer than even the first thread (go back and read the first comment in that thread and you'll know why I'm saying this) - a world without Goodkind in it to deride is like a world without an eco-villian for Captain Planet to fight.

I bet Captain Planet is a secret Death Chooser, don't you agree?

- I'd like to get a lemming concensus on a half-page of choice things to print out that can be slipped into a Goodkind novel, for the express purpose of warning people off of buying a novel. I have a short list of Tairy quotes, along with the sentences where he kicks Violet (titled "Protagonist Abusing Children") and the pacifist killing ("Protagonist Killing Peace Protestors"), but would like to have some sort of communist vote on what people think should go into this.

You mean, sort of like that page in the stupid Gideon Bibles that every single hotel room in the United States is required by law to contain, except Lemming-style? If it wasn't such a damned long bit of text I think the whole exchange between Klan and her half-brother should be there. Don't forget quotes from the Yeard illustrating how much he hates his readers and maybe a little reference to his views on democracy.

Don't forget quotes from the Yeard illustrating how much he hates his readers and maybe a little reference to his views on democracy.

The first thing that should appear in such a sheet is:

NOT a Fantasy Book

Contains Gratuitious Almost-Rape

Long Speeches

Bans Fire

And don't forget the Evil Incarnate Chicken that isn't a Chicken.

Oh, and a white-face naked army charging a professional army and somehow winning.

And the magic disappearing nipple.

Oh wait, that might entice people to read on :(

Chicken and Philosophy it can't get much batter than this. I laughed a lot and so thought to share with the church.

http://www.quixoticals.com/2007/03/how-sex...en-impacts.html

The best part is the picture!1!

A library gorrilla effort to warn people away from the yeard, sounds like a excellent idea.

That picture is great. :rofl:

How about something to do with how even thought he doesn't read other fantasy there seem to be a surprising amount of ideas in his books that are the same as other fantasy books.

Just to avoid confusion, I thought I would let every lemming know that my NHAW image does, in fact, contain myself, a hat, and a copy of Naked Empire.

I was going to have it be much more graphic, but I didn't spring for the hardcover, so it would've been too lewd...

You can always buy it and then return it (kind of a bastard move, but if you decide to do it, use cash and make your life simpler). Or wait a little while and check a used book store, which is not direct feeding of the Yeard.

Archived