GOODKIND XXIX: BRING ON THE STUPID

Myshkin

Just to avoid confusion, I thought I would let every lemming know that my NHAW image does, in fact, contain myself, a hat, and a copy of Naked Empire.

I was going to have it be much more graphic, but I didn't spring for the hardcover, so it would've been too lewd...

Excellent choice. :D:thumbsup:

You can always buy it and then return it (kind of a bastard move, but if you decide to do it, use cash and make your life simpler). Or wait a little while and check a used book store, which is not direct feeding of the Yeard.

Or you could buy it from a second hand book store. I doubt that it will take long for copies to start appearing in them. That way you wouldn't be directly contributing to the Yeard while supporting your local used book store. :thumbsup:

Short of ripping out my spine, I fail to see how you plan on stopping me.

Okay, but at least get it from Amazon. Goodkind fans detest Amazon as they prefer to shop in 'real bookstores', thus by purchasing it from Amazon you are still fighting the fight. Kind of.

Okay, but at least get it from Amazon. Goodkind fans detest Amazon as they prefer to shop in 'real bookstores', thus by purchasing it from Amazon you are still fighting the fight. Kind of.

Dare I ask why they dislike Amazon?

(it's the reviews, isn't it?)

- The symbiotic nature of the Goodkind threads cause me great personal conflict. I know I'm going to read the book via library checkout, but doesn't this have a net impact of the library possibly buying more copies of the book? It's a double bind.

Do what I'm going to do. Randomly read vaarious paragraphs and sections when at the bookstore. Then hide copies of the book. :P

Dare I ask why they dislike Amazon?

(it's the reviews, isn't it?)

It's the lack of control over the reviews I'd think.

And if you go via the links on Pat's blog, some of your money will even go to charity! The horror!

Alright Lemmings, have at it.

Myshkin chose my thread title. This means I win at life. And I've got a new crush. A man crush. Congratulations Mysh; if this bothers you, consider changing your avatar (and not just a new David Bowie, he's a handsome man).

:tantrum:

Libraries are your friend.

Libraries feed the Yeard. They are Littlefinger to our House Stark - a necessary evil which, were the universe a just place, would not feed the Yeard. Or would have the decency to purchase their Books of the Yeard second-hand. Where are their priorities??!?!

- The symbiotic nature of the Goodkind threads cause me great personal conflict. I know I'm going to read the book via library checkout, but doesn't this have a net impact of the library possibly buying more copies of the book? It's a double bind.

You know what it's like? It's like that guy with his hand wedged in a boulder, and he had to cut it off with a dull Swiss Army knife. It's totally like that. Or perhaps like an Uruguayan rugby team crashed in the Andes. Definitely one of the two.

- I'd like to get a lemming concensus on a half-page of choice things to print out that can be slipped into a Goodkind novel, for the express purpose of warning people off of buying a novel. I have a short list of Tairy quotes, along with the sentences where he kicks Violet (titled "Protagonist Abusing Children") and the pacifist killing ("Protagonist Killing Peace Protestors"), but would like to have some sort of communist vote on what people think should go into this.

1) Violet

2) Peace protestors

3) Crush their bones and salt their fields

4) 'I don't write fantasy', including 'bigotry'

5) People who do drugs are mass-murderers

6) 'Too preachy'

(4-6 all taken from the same dialogue)

Short of ripping out my spine, I fail to see how you plan on stopping me.

Good lemming. Have a title. Henceforth ye may be known as the Gibralturd, Last Bastion of Illogic and Guardian of the Straits of Reasonable Disagreement. Or whatever, you know. There's still a lot of empty titles to choose from as well, thus.

I'm not sure, part of me likes the idea of rubbing my crotch in Tairy's work, the other part is horrified of it touching my skin...

Dude, didn't you know that Tairy burns like the clap?

You can always buy it and then return it (kind of a bastard move, but if you decide to do it, use cash and make your life simpler). Or wait a little while and check a used book store, which is not direct feeding of the Yeard.

I would recommend what I did at my local Chapters when I was in undergrad - go there regularly between classes and read little bits of the book, until you are finished. However, this doesn't work for Goodkind's books because they suck so hard you read really slow. I've tried leaving nothing but Blood of the Fold in the bathroom, but I still haven't cracked page 15. And let me tell you, I spend a lot of time on the toilet.

Not much celery today folks. I did read the stray GK thread regards when you had enough, kudos to all as it was pretty awesome.

Incidentally,

1) Why does everyone have naked-but-for-hats avatars?

2) Wolf Maid - your avatar is hot. I rescind my Myshkin crush and re-instate it on you. Or at least your avatar.

The Gibralturd, Last Bastion of Illogic and Guardian of the Straits of Reasonable Disagreement.

What a mouthfull!

That's what David Bowie said!

In another thread, someone commented to potsherds the Hot about sexism. So instead of barking up the tired old man-on-girl sexism, I figured a bit of homosexism would spice things up. David Bowie - he's hot. One look from his permanently dilated pupil and I start to ooze fluids.

And speaking of retards (me, not David Bowie), anyone want to see M* make an ass of himself on wikipedia? In I believe it was WhiteWolf games (pay attention potsherds, this's 103.62% for your benefit) in which a charisma of 1 was described as 'attracts the hostility of others'. Tee hee.

And speaking of retards (me, not David Bowie), anyone want to see M* make an ass of himself on wikipedia? In I believe it was WhiteWolf games (pay attention potsherds, this's 103.62% for your benefit) in which a charisma of 1 was described as 'attracts the hostility of others'. Tee hee.

All I'm getting is something about Lundby dollhouses. Can you point me in the right direction to the article.

All I'm getting is something about Lundby dollhouses. Can you point me in the right direction to the article.

Here a comparable nomination for another company:

Thus

Note how it's mostly one lines, wikilinks to policy, few comments. Note, also, there are no comments like this one or this one. Appeals to authority are the favoured tactics of those who can not themselves justify their own points and beliefs. Incidentally, as a point for anyone anonymously monitoring these threads, and potentially anonymously tattling to admins, you may want to just...not read the thread. We don't give people avatars here (just amusing titles), and we try to argue fairly (when presented with a cogent argument). Tattling is lame and means you've failed to enter an argument you know you can't win. And please don't claim you've won because your tattling forced someone to don a mod hat (naked) and begrudgingly drop a comment.

But I'm just being catty, you incompetent unnamed ninny.

Oh, and Wolf Maid is hot. Or at least her avatar is. As is Myshkin's. Anyone willing to switch their avatar to Darren Hayes circa 1997, I'd be ever so grateful.

So this apparently nameless Goodkind-associated person is clamoring for Wiki deletions of entries for dollhouse manufacturers that are in direct competition with him? Hrmm...seems rather petty and low-down, to say the least.

I'm guessing this person would be wearing only a Bavarian peasant hat for the Naked Hat Wearing Week in lieu of the lederhosen that might improve his appearance? ;)

Here a comparable nomination for another company:

Thus

Note how it's mostly one lines, wikilinks to policy, few comments. Note, also, there are no comments like this one or this one. Appeals to authority are the favoured tactics of those who can not themselves justify their own points and beliefs. Incidentally, as a point for anyone anonymously monitoring these threads, and potentially anonymously tattling to admins, you may want to just...not read the thread. We don't give people avatars here (just amusing titles), and we try to argue fairly (when presented with a cogent argument). Tattling is lame and means you've failed to enter an argument you know you can't win. And please don't claim you've won because your tattling forced someone to done a mod hat (naked) and begrudgingly drop a comment.

But I'm just being catty, you incompetent unnamed ninny.

Oh, and Wolf Maid is hot. Or at least her avatar is. As is Myshkin's. Anyone willing to switch their avatar to Darren Hayes circa 1997, I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks, I understand now. :lol:

Archived