NEW! UPDATE! 10/30 Countdown to Qarth: World Fantasy Convention

Con schedules tend to go up online anywhere from 2 to 8 days in advance of the con, and even then they won't be finalized. Sometimes authors and editors who are supposed to be on program items find out at the last minute that they can't make it, or that they need a different time slot, so things can get shifted around even after the final program is printed out. I think it's unusual for there to be a schedule available this far in advance.

I don't know if LASTSFA is changing how they do things because this is the World Fantasy Con (~$200 membership) and not Albacon (~$45 membership). (LASTSFA is running this con and usually puts on an Albacon every year.) For Albacon it is not at all unusual for them to not post a con schedule until the first day of the con.

Hey Martha,

I'm a total shit for not being around.

Jack that noise, William. You've had a shitload on your plate this year. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow when my head is clearer. Seriously though, man, I'm just jazzed that you and Maureen are gonna be in Saratoga, 'cos I miss ya.

I'm just jazzed that you and Maureen are gonna be in Saratoga, 'cos I miss ya.

QFT. I haven't heard a good Stego rant in ages! :P

And people watching with Maureen at a con is always a blast. Can't wait to see you both!

And here I thought she only did that with me :cry: :P

Well, we can all people watch together, lol. I'm sure there will be enough interesting people at the parties to go around.

And I'll PM you my cell number, btw.

The con schedule is up as of about an hour ago - though its not 100% complete:

http://www.lastsfa.org/wfc2007/program.php

The daily hours are posted here as well:

http://www.lastsfa.org/wfc2007/hours.php

They've got GRRM and Lynch both listed as "reading", with lots of entries for readings still blank. GRRM is on a panel in there as well.

So if Friday night is the big party how do those of us with NOOB scrawled on our foreheads find you all? I used to have some decent beer-sniffing-kung-fu back in the day, but that was probably 20 yrs ago.

:cheers:

Thanks

./D

So if Friday night is the big party how do those of us with NOOB scrawled on our foreheads find you all? I used to have some decent beer-sniffing-kung-fu back in the day, but that was probably 20 yrs ago.

:cheers:

Thanks

./D

Actually, both nights there will be a party, but I am now not sure which night will be the Big Party (probably still Saturday, but I am not sure we're gonna have much choice in the matter). As for where to find us, the room will be posted on the Con schedule later, and we will put up signs where we can (the hotel won't let us put anything on the walls, so hopefully the Con organizers will be setting up a corkboard somewhere for daily announcements.)

Is anyone else besides SirKnight Somerville, X-ray & Mr. X, and Christie going to this thing from NJ or NYC? I'm looking for a ride at least one-way and I can take the light rail or PATH and meet someone in NJ (for example: at Secaucus or somewhere on the Bergen line).

Is anyone else besides SirKnight Somerville, X-ray & Mr. X, and Christie going to this thing from NJ or NYC? I'm looking for a ride at least one-way and I can take the light rail or PATH and meet someone in NJ (for example: at Secaucus or somewhere on the Bergen line).

Did ya get our PM?

Did ya get our PM?

Yepper. :) I really appreciate the offer. I'm just trying to widen my options. (And, I'm really restricted as to how long I can stay away from home as my only option for a dogsitter is my mother.)

edit: oh, and there's the cat too. I can't stay away long or he poops diarrhea on the floor... (he's still peeing a lot from what I can tell, but I'm not 100% on that)

Just wanted to let everyone know about another good party (probably on Friday night):

http://www.sensesfive.com/blog/2007/10/23/...reading-at-wfc/

This is a release party for a short story anthology published by a small press run by friends of mine. They're all very cool people (I told them they should come to our parties too). Also, one of Yagathai's friends (Catherynne Valente, whose name I'm probably misspelling) has a story in the anthology.

Sorry I haven't been around much, but the wife and I are certainly more definite than definite.

Understatement of the year. But then again, I haven't been around much either. Fucking busy all the fucking time.

Anyways, Jay and I are definite with Sarah as our D-driver. :P (assuming, of course, that someone is willing to smuggle* them in. I'm not worried about getting in, what with all my mad ninja skillz.)

Zray, I'll do whatever you tell me needs done. I got $$ and booze coming along and I want to help out where I can. I'd be glad to relieve you, Mr. Zray and or whomever else may be tending bar at any time. I had a lot of fun back there last time. (You know, when Mr. Zray stepped back and smirked whist leaving me to my fate i.e. suffering the abject adulations of PRIMORDIAL MAN. Payback's a bitch, Mr. Zray. Be warned.)

*Although we may have to hide/disguise Sarah in a laundry bin and roll her to the party.

Understatement of the year. But then again, I haven't Zray, I'll do whatever you tell me needs done. I got $$ and booze coming along and I want to help out where I can. I'd be glad to relieve you, Mr. Zray and or whomever else may be tending bar at any time. I had a lot of fun back there last time. (You know, when Mr. Zray stepped back and smirked whist leaving me to my fate i.e. suffering the abject adulations of PRIMORDIAL MAN. Payback's a bitch, Mr. Zray. Be warned.)

*Although we may have to hide/disguise Sarah in a laundry bin and roll her to the party.

:lol:

Awesome news, Bale!!

Actually, I would love some help behind the bar. w00t!!

This doesn't mean that you're gonna be sober and miserable the whole weekend unless you're 8 months pregnant and named Mya Stone.

Edited for you, Martha honey. :P

If you'll take a busty pregnant wench behind the bar, (if there's room) I'd love to help you out there. Not like I'll be stealing from the supplies, anyway. :P

Archived