What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

So have you checked out Eddie's new solo movie soundtrack, Into the Wild? If so, thoughts...?

I downloaded it when it hit Ruckus last month. Ive listened to it a few times at while at work. I have mixed feelings.

Everything he does is cool, and this is no different. Its got some great songs. If you have the time, download (or maybe even run it off youtube if possible) Society. The guy is so honest with his music. He creates a beautiful sound. Some soft and simple accoustic work to go with the soulfull baritone. Society is very cool. When Vedder writes a storytelling song (off he goes, immortality,etc) it always hits the mark. This song is actually written by some guy named Hannan (i looked him up never heard of him) but Vedder really connects on what this guy was writting. Society is very strong song.

My mixed emotions come from two things 1)the fact that its not a Pearl Jam album. Ive always had mixed feelings on the work Eddie does outside of the band. Its good but it just makes me want to listen to PJ.

2) Most importantly, and I learned this lesson with Man of the Hour (which I listened to well before I saw Big Fish). I didnt really care for it until I had seen the movie, and yes at the end of big fish when the song came on I got emotional. Now I think its a top 25 pearl jam track.. I think I need to see this movie before I can truly appreciate the soundtrack as it should be appreciated.

But like Is aid, Ive listened to it a number of times, and I like it. Its just a bit folky, and a bit unPJ for me, but still kickass. Society is badass, and Long Nights and Far Behind are strong too.

ETA: Here is the youtube link, those slideshows really ruin the songs:

Muse- Black Holes and Revelations

Only actually found out about them a couple days back when someone posted the music video for their song "knights of cydonia" from this album in the "Music Video Thunderdome" thread. Good stuff though.

Muse- Black Holes and Revelations

Only actually found out about them a couple days back when someone posted the music video for their song "knights of cydonia" from this album in the "Music Video Thunderdome" thread. Good stuff though.

Only found out about them a couple of days ago? I have not been doing my Muse promotion well enough! :bang:

Black Holes and Revelations is only their third best album, IMO. Origin of Symmetry is their best, though it was Absolution that brought them right into the mainstream. And before all that there was Showbiz which sounds too much like Radiohead (having the same producer) and so I don't rank it as highly as the other albums.

Gotta get them all!

Only found out about them a couple of days ago? I have not been doing my Muse promotion well enough! :bang:

Black Holes and Revelations is only their third best album, IMO. Origin of Symmetry is their best, though it was Absolution that brought them right into the mainstream. And before all that there was Showbiz which sounds too much like Radiohead (having the same producer) and so I don't rank it as highly as the other albums.

Gotta get them all!

I agree about Origin, its just an awesome album. Second favorite is Black Holes, then Showbiz. I've never been able to really get into Absolution for some reason, though.

Archived