Been on a ska kick, with some help from Kay. Recent listening:

- Reel Big Fish

- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

- Bim Skala Bim

- Less Than Jake

- Save Ferris

- Spider Nick and the Maddogs

Would love more recs.

Also looking for some ambient electronica, recommendations welcome. (EDIT: Current ambient listening is Orbital and Thievery Corporation.)

Also, I forgot to mention: I am currently only interested in buying music if it is available for purchase through Amazon MP3.

Also looking for some ambient electronica, recommendations welcome. (EDIT: Current ambient listening is Orbital and Thievery Corporation.)

Definitely check out Underworld, specifically A Hundred Days Off and Beaucoup Fish. I'd also recommend Aural Gratification vol 1 and 2 if you can find them anywhere.

Oh, and I'm listening to Static-X - Get to the Gone

Checking, thanks! Unfortunately Amazon only has one album right now, the self-titled one from 1996. Is that one good?

Err? For Aural Gratification or for Underworld? Underworld doesn't have any self-titled albums so if that's who you mean you might not be looking at the right band. The Aural Gratifications are compilations of a sort, so if that's what you're looking at, yeah it'd be self-titled.

Err? For Aural Gratification or for Underworld? Underworld doesn't have any self-titled albums so if that's who you mean you might not be looking at the right band. The Aural Gratifications are compilations of a sort, so if that's what you're looking at, yeah it'd be self-titled.

Amazon would seem to disagree with you:

http://www.amazon.com/Underworld/dp/B000QK...3835262-0309445

Is this a mislabel or is there another band or what?

I'll check out Aural Gratification, was thinking you meant it was another pair of Underworld albums.

Amazon would seem to disagree with you:

http://www.amazon.com/Underworld/dp/B000QK...3835262-0309445

Is this a mislabel or is there another band or what?

I'll check out Aural Gratification, was thinking you meant it was another pair of Underworld albums.

Ahh, it's mislabeled. That album is 'Second Toughest In the Infants' It's alright, but not as good as their later stuff IMO.

I like Amon Tobin. Particularly Out From Out Where. It's almost entirely instrumental though, dunno if that's exactly what youre looking for.

I'm fine with instrumental; I'll have to see if the rest of the catalogue is similar, though. I was looking for something less aggressive.

EDIT: I should also say that I've tried Portishead and Massive Attack and they're not my speed.

Ground Round - Excellent mid-90s punk rock from Santa Rosa, CA. I put on two shows for them out in Indiana during college summers and found out they were not just a great band, but super-friendly people as well. They only released 4 different records (vinyl-only), so until a friend of mine emailed me last night with a digitized version of their stuff, my portable music life had been lacking somewhat. Now, it lacks no more! :D

M Blanket - Canadian punk rock in the vein of Operation Ivy and Propagandhi. Another group who only put out vinyl when they were around (also early to mid 90s) and who the same friend as above digitized recently.

Archived