What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

I've been on another Bluegrass kick.

Here's a good one about our local dancing outlaw Jesco White, he's the guy dancing around in the video. A little taste of

for those of you that will probably never come here 'cept to drive through. :) That particular band lacks a fiddle, which is extremely important to this style of music, but whatever. They do a decent enough job with it.

And I'd been a fan of

for a while but until I saw that video I'd always pictured her as a hot young chick. Doesn't matter of course, they make fantastic music.

I absolutely love this kind of music, but I get the feeling that it has a lot to do with my geography. Some of my friends from outside my area don't get it.

"My name's Jesco, this here's Marty. Give us a twenty and we'll dance for your party!"

I've had Dancing Outlaw on copied VHS for about 8 years. Unbelievably classic shit.

"I put the butcher knife to her throat and said if you want to live to see tomorrow you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you're frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Oh yeah, why'd I come in here? Steve Earle's Washington Square Serenade. It's awesome.

"My name's Jesco, this here's Marty. Give us a twenty and we'll dance for your party!"

I've had Dancing Outlaw on copied VHS for about 8 years. Unbelievably classic shit.

"I put the butcher knife to her throat and said if you want to live to see tomorrow you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you're frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Oh yeah, why'd I come in here? Steve Earle's Washington Square Serenade. It's awesome.

Hahaha, thats the very one.

Songs in the recent rotation:

"Crazy", Gnarls Barkley (since I mentioned it in the Where You Buy Your Music Thread)

"Little Sister", Queens of the Stone Age

"The Denial Twist", the White Stripes

"Bitter-sweet", the Venus in Furs (Thom Yorke-led band invented for a movie soundtrack (Velvet Goldmine)).

"Television", Sunny Day Real Estate

Afternoons are for music.

I never meant to be so bad to you

One thing I said that I would never do

One look from you and I would fall from grace

And that would wipe this smile right from my face

Do you remember when we used to dance?

And incidence arose from circumstance

One thing lead to another, we were young

And we would scream together songs unsung

It was the heat of the moment

Telling me what your heart meant