What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

Don't worry. I'm faaaar from a big fan of Moby, just got a nostalgia thing for Porcelain. Now if you had :ack: ed 15 Step... :fence:

Radiohead - 15 step (yeah, again)

Naw, the new Radiohead is aiight :P I still like Amnesiac as a whole the best however.

Arcade Fire - Intervention

I like what I've heard of Interpol so far but I've only got a few songs. Do they only have one album? Any favorite songs of theirs I should pick up?

They have three albums, Turn On the Bright Lights, Antics, and Our Love to Admire. They have a fairly uniform sound -- the songs are always built on a driving drum and bass rhythm with metronomic guitar riffs. The singer, Paul Banks, has a deep baritone. So if you like a couple Interpol songs, you'll probably like most of them...

The first album is both the most diverse in sound and most cohesive, with a great untitled opening mood piece and their best album closer, Leif Ericson, which might be my single favorite Interpol song. While I think TOTBL flows the best of their albums, I'm not really into the most popular songs on it -- Obstacle I and II don't do much for me, neither does PDA. Say Hello to the Angels is really good, though. Most people either really love or really hate NYC. Stella Was a Diver is, of course, damn sexy.

The best songs on Antics are probably the best stuff they've done, overall -- Evil, Slow Hands, and Not Even Jail are necessary. I also like Next Exit as the moody opening piece. But the album suffers from too much sameness from song to song.

I'm having a hard time getting into their new album, though Mammoth is pretty good.

Seeing them tonight reminded how fucking tight they are live. Banks does not miss a beat as a singer, very intense, and the music becomes incredibly powerful and dense live. But they adopt their cold, aloof poses and do little to win the crowd over. But I guess that attitude goes with their sound.

about 90% of the music I listen to is upbeat stuff for the gym. I don't know what it is, but if I know I have good music in the Ipod I'm much more motivated to go, and much more motivated to have a good workout once I'm there.

Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed

I Come From the Water - The Toadies

Decadence - Disturbed

Better than I've Ever Been - Kanye etc/

Down Boy - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (LOVE this one. I'm a big fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Megalomaniac - KMFDM

One More Murder - Better Than Ezra

Bleed it Out - Linkin Park

Keep Away - Godsmack

Whatever - Godsmack

The Saints Are Coming - U2 and Green Day (Another gem of this list)

Stronger - Kanye

Shipping up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys (also from the Departed Soundtrack, and thanks Neev for recommending it)

and a bunch of others. Good stuff, now ima get up off my ass and get myself to the weights and treadmill.

Never thought I'd see Better Than Ezra and KMFDM on the same setlist.

Anyway, I've transitioned to the new Sunset Rubdown in preparation for seeing them tonight. Alongside brother band Wolf Parade, I've listened to them more than just about anyone in the last two years, and this is the first time I'll see them (having seen Wolf Parade last year). To say I'm excited would be a massive understatement, especially since the show will be in a tiny venue just down the street from where I live.

Shipping up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys (also from the Departed Soundtrack, and thanks Neev for recommending it)

It is a good song, I don't normally notice film soundtracks that much but I did remember this song from the Departed.

Recent songs:

R.E.M. - Pretty Persuasion

Ash - Orpheus

Manic Street Preachers - Faster

British Sea Power - Atom (from what seems to be a new EP that just appeared on emusic. Like most BSP songs it is good).

The Cure has been like my drug this month, I just keep getting tenser and tenser all day until I listen to them and then I feel this intense relief. It's crazy, like I'm having some OCD attack over The Cure. Which is pretty awesome.

Coming down off of a very long TOOL bender, started way back when 10,000 days came out. I'm still putting on some Lateralus songs, but I feel it fading, I'm gonna probably gonna shelf TOOL for a good couple of months.

Really, I haven't been listening to much other than The Cure, although yesterday I went on some crazy Metallica kick, listening to ...And Justice for All twice in a row, then I pulled out Fade To Black (theyre best song, along with One, in my opinion). That rocked, although for the record, everything after that album is shit, in my opinion.

so HUG me, and KISS me, and wipe my butt and PISS me!

Such classic Mike Patton. No one else could ever write those lyrics, or would ever write those lyrics.

What about:

Its not over yet!

You think its over I wont let you forget

The hatred I bestow

Upon you neck with a fatal blow

From my teeth and my tongue

You think its over but its just begun

Now you are mine!

I'll keep killing you till the end of time

Anyway, I came here to post "Big Mouth Strikes Again" by The Smiths. On a real eighties kick, I guess.

I've been on the new Radiohead non-stop since I got it. I listened to the new Arcade Fire, Neon Bible, non-stop for the first few months before it came out. Before Radiohead, I listened to Shepard's Dog by Iron and Wine which is solid.

Archived