What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

I was meant to be going to see The White Stripes as well, but they cancelled the tour :(

I've seen the White Stripes ~7 times and had a ticket for the canceled tour. The first time I saw them, in a small-medium theater, had been #1 on the list until that Arcade Fire show. Death Letter live...wow. Jolene. Everyone needs to experience Jack White live at some point.

Listening to Arcade Fire's albums now, as I'm going to go see them tonight :D

Absolutely cannot wait. I hear they're one of the best live bands of all time (I believe I recall Bazz saying something like it was the best gig he'd been to in 20 years).

I hope you like the show. I saw them in Portland in June at a theater with about 2000 people and it was possibly the best show I've ever seen.

On Call by Kings of Leon

Sh*t.

I was finally getting round to listening to Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace the whole way through, with a view to getting Radiohead - In Rainbows for a spin after, and now all I want to do is listen to all 3 Kings of Leon albums back to back.

And then some Strokes.

I've seen the White Stripes ~7 times and had a ticket for the canceled tour. The first time I saw them, in a small-medium theater, had been #1 on the list until that Arcade Fire show. Death Letter live...wow. Jolene. Everyone needs to experience Jack White live at some point.

I have actually seen Jack White live because I went to see the Raconteurs last year (which was an excellent show). Would have been nice to see his other band as well, though.

second mr x recommendation

:blush:

Sweet! That's quite a list to be included in. Bazz and childe are on my list as well.

Tonight's playlist:

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Who Do You Love?"

The Thermals - "No Culture Icons"

The Hold Steady - "Stuck Between Stations"

Jawbreaker - "Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault"

Les Savy Fav - "The Year Before The Year 2000"

Los Campesinos! - "We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives"

Ninja High School - "Shake It Off"

Old 97's - "Friends Forever"

Palomar - "Albacore

Parts & Labor - "Vision of Repair"

new coheed-not good

That's too bad (I heard it gets better on second listen?). I'm gonna get it tomorrow, and am kinda braced to be disappointed... I didn't like the third album that much. But we'll see. I'm gonna go see them next month even if I don't like the record, because hopefully they'll play some older stuff, which is a lot of fun when you're in the crowd.

Really, right now I want to see a Modest Mouse show; I've not seen them live in a long time.

Paddy, hope you had a great time at the Arcade Fire show; I went to the same one as Bazz, and I agree with his assessment. Best show I've been to.

Recent mp3s:

Muse - "Blackout"

The White Stripes - "You Don't Know What Love Is"

We Are Scientists - "Lousy Reputation"

David Bowie - "Drive-in Saturday"

R.E.M. - "You Are The Everything"

Once again. Anytime you put up five songs, I think, damn, I wish I had just listened to those five songs. williamjm, you like my music even better than I do.

Modest Mouse are hit or miss. I think it depends on how drunk Isaac Brock is.

Wait, dyou think they're better when he's more drunk, or when he's less drunk?

I saw them in a small venue (Electric Factory in Philly), and it was a really good show... then I came out here and saw them at Download at Shoreline, and it was pretty fucking dire. But I've been blaming that on the venue ever since, so I dunno. I'd like to see them again to judge. Plus, I've listened to more of their stuff since.

Archived