What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

I dunno who he is either (I've heard his name, but I couldn't name any of his music), but the Kronos Quartet did the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.

Really? I love that movie. As much as you can, anyway. The Kronos Quartet sounded awesome. I will have to check out that soundtrack.

ETA: I'm now a Tom Waits fan. Don't know anything about him, so I'm welcome to suggestions. He's creepy, and I dig it. Funny, if you listen to him he sounds like a big huge black man. But he's not! He's a skinny white dude. If anybody knows anything, please share.

ETA: I'm now a Tom Waits fan. Don't know anything about him, so I'm welcome to suggestions. He's creepy, and I dig it. Funny, if you listen to him he sounds like a big huge black man. But he's not! He's a skinny white dude. If anybody knows anything, please share.

I had typed out a long post earlier but the computer ate it.

The short version is that Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs are my favorite albums of his.

I had typed out a long post earlier but the computer ate it.

The short version is that Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs are my favorite albums of his.

Thanks! Although I'm thinking I might be less enthusiastic upon hearing him on an album...I'm not sure how well his crazy energy translates. I'll give it a try though!

Blue Valentine is an awesome album. Christmas Card from a Hooker... and Romeo is Bleeding are just great songs. Also like Rain Dogs and Frank's Wild Years.

I'm a big fan. I love how he has his own lexicon and actively promotes disinformation about himself. Just a cool guy.

Blue Valentine is an awesome album. Christmas Card from a Hooker... and Romeo is Bleeding are just great songs. Also like Rain Dogs and Frank's Wild Years.

I'm a big fan. I love how he has his own lexicon and actively promotes disinformation about himself. Just a cool guy.

Oh I love Tom. I would say for older Tom Waits get Blue Valentine, new Tom Waits get Alice. Tom Waits is kinda like Leonard Cohen on crack (and if you don't know who Leonard Cohen is, there just isn't any help for you).

The new Band of Horses album is enjoyable, though a bit underwhelming. Simply put, there is no "St. Augustine" on Cease to Begin.

Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of recordings of one of my college bands, as a friend of mine just converted them all to digital formats. Listening to something and thinking "hey, that's me playing drums" is pretty cool.

Oh I love Tom. I would say for older Tom Waits get Blue Valentine, new Tom Waits get Alice. Tom Waits is kinda like Leonard Cohen on crack (and if you don't know who Leonard Cohen is, there just isn't any help for you).

I love L. Cohen.

the idea of someone not knowing who Leonard Cohen is, is a thought too terrible to contemplate. :cry:
This reminds me that I first heard of LC at age 6 whilst watching that episode of The Young Ones (Nasty?) where Neil says if he gets bitten by the vampire he will be 'dead but still alive, like Leonard Cohen'. :lol:

Archived