What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

I should try finding more Goldfinger songs sometime. I like the songs I've heard by them, but I've not got very many.

Goldfinger rules. Some standout tracks, most of them famous:

- Disorder

- Superman

- Here In Your Bedroom

- Is She Really Going Out With Him? (Joe Jackson cover)

Witchcraft- The Alchemist: I said High On Fire's Death is This Communion was album of the year. Correction: The Alchemist is album of the year. Awesome swedish doom/stoner metal with a 70's vibe. There is even a bit of saxophone on one track. I tried to make out the lyrics to the third track. I swear I heard "Hunting Mescaline and bleeding" and found out the words are in swedish. It is a very sing along type song too. If you are into bands like Pentagram then this is a no brainer purchase.

Live Pearl Jam concert from back in spring '94 -- my junior year in high school. Very flashbacky, in a good way.

Veterans Day is for Pearl Jam.

I listened to Avacado and Vs already and now I might segway into some live stuff.

Oh, Indian summer and I hate the heat

I got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat

J Church - Nostalgic for Nothing. The title is a little ironic for me, as J Church was a big part of the soundtrack to my college years. Nearly everything I owned by them was on vinyl, so I didn't listen to them all that much since I started listening to music in digital formats nearly exclusively. But my Emusic subscription recently renewed, and I had recently been reading about J Church (the singer died a couple weeks ago, which is sad since he was only 40), so I got this singles collection. It's good stuff.

J Church also has the distinction of being the band whom I traveled the greatest distance to see. In the summer following my second year of college, my friend Kevin and I drove from my hometown (in the suburbs of Philly) to Chicago to catch J Church at the Crawlspace. It was worth it.

Antonin Dvorak's 9th Symphony ("From the New World").

One of my neighbors was playing the theme from the second movement on the trumpet and I felt compelled to hear the whole thing in all its orchestral glory.

(Ok, in as much of its orchestral glory as a CD played through my shitty stereo can manage.)

Archived