What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. I just wanted to say that I'm a huge fan of Modest Mouse and saw them in concert last night and they sucked. They lacked energy, didn't "jam" out and had a very shortened set for the $50 I paid for the show. I don't know if they are wore out from a long tour, having troubles with each other or just don't care but they put on a terrible show.

Another band called Man Man opened for them and they were very good. Very different sort of music. I recommend them.

This is the right thread. It functions as our all-purpose music depot unless someone wants to bring up something specific.

I'm pretty sure about halfway through this very thread, we were bagging on Modest Mouse shows. They are very much hit-or-miss live, and word is lately the misses are coming up more often.

Been re-listening to Wilco - Kicking Television, my favourite live album by far.

And also, to the poster who saw Man Man, they do indeed kick huge amounts of ass, Six Demon Bag is a pretty good album, but their live show is freaking incredible.

I love that album but I was checking out Sky Blue Sky tonight and just wasn't feeling it from Tweedy & Co.

Sadly, I have to agree with you here, Sky Blue Sky has a couple of songs that I enjoy, but overall there is definitely that certain something missing from it. Such a shame too, I could not wait for it to come out, and as much as I tried to love it, I just can't dig about half the songs.

This is the right thread. It functions as our all-purpose music depot unless someone wants to bring up something specific.

I'm pretty sure about halfway through this very thread, we were bagging on Modest Mouse shows. They are very much hit-or-miss live, and word is lately the misses are coming up more often.

I actually bagged their music.

I'll be a pharaoh soon

Rule from some golden tomb

Things will be different then

The sun will rise from here

Then I'll be ten feet tall

And you'll be nothing at all

Clarification, Pearl Jam version.

Ive seen some old clips of whatever one of Mr X's favorite bands originated that tune. I'll tell you one thing, that Punk scene had some ugly, emaciated creeps as its heroes, but god damn those guys were angry.

Sounds about right. Mr. Ibis, two quick questions: 1) what was the venue like (big, small, outdoors, indoors, good/bad acoustics), and 2) were they headlining?

I've seen them twice; the headline, indoors show at a smallish venue was good, and the festival, outdoors, large venue show blew.

Oddly, I listened to a lot of Modest Mouse over the last couple days, because that's the only CD in my car, and my roommate took my tape adapter for the weekend, so I couldn't play the ipod.

Did the Killers release a new album today? I feel like yes.

Archived