What are you listening to?

Bazzlebane

Wait, dyou think they're better when he's more drunk, or when he's less drunk?

Not entirely sure on that point yet.

I saw them in a small venue (Electric Factory in Philly), and it was a really good show... then I came out here and saw them at Download at Shoreline, and it was pretty fucking dire. But I've been blaming that on the venue ever since, so I dunno. I'd like to see them again to judge. Plus, I've listened to more of their stuff since.

Unless you are in the first ~25 rows of the Shoreline, that venue will ruin any band. That's why I always skip the Download Festival and BFD, no matter how good the lineup is.

Not entirely sure on that point yet.

Unless you are in the first ~25 rows of the Shoreline, that venue will ruin any band. That's why I always skip the Download Festival and BFD, no matter how good the lineup is.

Yeah, I think I've learned my lesson. I hate that fucking place.

Yeah, I think I've learned my lesson. I hate that fucking place.

Well, I'll take you off the list of people to invite with me to share the company's box for the Bridge School Benefit on Sunday... :P

Seriously, I'm kind of pissed off that I have to go...the lineup is so *yawn*.

Tegan and Sara are twins, Canadian, and lesbian. They do cute, hip indie-folk-rock. They are actually one of the better acts on that list. Regina Spektor is a Russian ex-pat pop singer who combines a Soviet fetish with Tori Amos influences. Again, one of the better acts on that list.

My Morning Jackoff is a band for hippies.

Modest Mouse are hit or miss. I think it depends on how drunk Isaac Brock is.

Fuck Isaac Brock. I saw him in concert back in, fuck, 1996? 1997? Terrible concert. I won't ever waste another dollar on Modest Mouse.**

**and as this was still in my DJing days, I didn't even pay for the ticket. But that bastard ruined my beer!

...and on point with the thread subject, right now I'm listening to Modest Mouse.

chump. :P

I have been listening to the latest Tomahawk album, which is a joy. A pretentious, Mike Patton-laced joy, to be sure, but it's a really interesting listen, and far better than the other crap that's been pooped out by the usual suspects this year.

chump. :P

I have been listening to the latest Tomahawk album, which is a joy. A pretentious, Mike Patton-laced joy, to be sure, but it's a really interesting listen, and far better than the other crap that's been pooped out by the usual suspects this year.

Interesting.. I'm a rabid Patton fan and I just can't get my head around the new Tom. album. I'm not sure if it's the loss of Rutmanis or the subject matter [(nothing against native american music btw, just not sure it's what I want from Tomahawk :P) (which, considering their name, is kind of funny :lol:)] that is turning me off of it :unsure: I need to listen to it a few more times.

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go

Interesting.. I'm a rabid Patton fan and I just can't get my head around the new Tom. album. I'm not sure if it's the loss of Rutmanis or the subject matter [(nothing against native american music btw, just not sure it's what I want from Tomahawk :P) (which, considering their name, is kind of funny :lol:)] that is turning me off of it :unsure: I need to listen to it a few more times.

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go

Combine an incredibly shitty week at work, an extreme boredom with 99.9% of the music being released today (talk about trite), and an interest in syncopated anything, and there ya go: Tomahawk appreciation night.

ETA: I love Mescal Rites I, Red Fox, Dance of the Sun(?) and a couple others. I dunno -- I've always been a huge fan of Dead Can Dance, so this isn't much of a stretch for me.

That would be the original. Biblical would be off of Neon Bible...

Yar, that's what I figured you meant, I only have a couple of songs off of NB as well. Neon Bible, Intervention, and My Body Is A Cage.

Archived