BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

DVD, no offense, but the city of Berkeley kicks the ass of Palo Alto as far as being interesting.

None taken. Berkeley is like the polar opposite of Palo Alto (read: a decent college town). Palo Alto kind of blows; that said, I'd be satisfied with Palo Alto if we could take the Greek Theater; it's the best thing about Berkeley.

None taken. Berkeley is like the polar opposite of Palo Alto (read: a decent college town). Palo Alto kind of blows; that said, I'd be satisfied with Palo Alto if we could take the Greek Theater; it's the best thing about Berkeley.

Go to Nola's in Palo Alto, on University. That's the only fun place I know. But It's really fun.

Well, for an aging hippie like me, the best thing about Berkeley is the feeling that it's still caught in a time warp.

As for Palo Alto, when you grew up out in the sticks where all the roads except for the state highways weren't paved and didn't have names and there were 80 students in your senior class at the beginning of the year despite having a district that was about 5 miles in radius (of which only 61 graduated and only 16 went to college), any actual town was a big step up.

Tiff goes to Mills, not Cal, but Oakland sucks as a place to live, so she commutes from Berkeley.

To get back on topic, it's looking like the holidays are going to get in the way of us making any kind of quorum for a BwB get together in November or December. Maybe we could try for mid January?

Maybe we could try for mid January?

If "mid January"==after Jan 19, sure. I'm going to be out of the country most of the month.

(And you can't do it while I'm gone because this all revolves around me. Me!!! ;))

Kat-be-gone-fest is tentatively scheduled for the Winter Solstice - Saturday December 22nd. The themes will be Isotope Geochemistry and Karaoke. Details to follow.

In all seriousness, while I couldn't do the 22nd, I could do the 14th or 15th -- my school term will have just ended, and I'm sure I'd like a little escape, be it a bar-like activity Friday or Saturday night or a Saturday daytime shindig, before Christmas insanity takes effect.

Gah.

I'd rather do Kat-be-gone-fest on Dec 22nd, since I will, in fact, be here. :P The 14th and 15th I have performances--I suppose if we did something on one of those nights and it was in the city, I could show up late...if people were still around past 10:30 or 11 or so.

Which reminds me--if anyone is particularly interested in choral music, I'm performing with the SFSU University Chorus on December 14 and 15. It's not holiday music, but it is good. The concert is at Most Holy Redeemer church in the Castro. I doubt this will be up anyone's alley, but hey, figure I'll give it a shot. :)

Hmmm. Dec 22 is just too close to the holidays and I likely will be in San Diego by then.

Not that you would like, plan this around my schedule or whatever, but I could do Dec 14.15.

Sorry, Kat. :( But if we do decide to do it that weekend, you can bet at least of few of us (ok, me) will be there until closing time. If you guys do it the 22nd, have fun!!

So I figured this was the appropriate place to mention this; we got Zachary's before the cocktail party last night.

With the caveat that I still prefer NY-style pizza, Zachary's exceeded expectations. Really good stuff. The spinach and mushroom pizza was exceptional.

And yeah, since I'm constantly popping in and out of the area for the next two months (sort of, anyway), I'll let you guys plan the next meet, and I'll try and show up if at all possible.

Well, like I said, I can do the 14th or 15th if people plan on sticking around til the wee hours and it's something that's in SF proper.

I'll, er, try not to embarrass myself this time. I don't want to get the reputation of being BWB Norcal's resident lush. :leaving:

P.S. Zachary's is THE shit. OMG. I want to go to Berkeley right now and get some.

Archived