BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

So it sounds like we have a quorum for either the 14th or 15th, with Kat tracking us down after her performance. Any suggestions of locale?

ETA: Kat is singing in the Castro -- convenient to the Mission. Jack's Elixer or Zeitgeist? Lone Palm? Other suggestions?

Also convenient to the Lower Haight -- Mad Dog in the Fog, Toronado...more.

I really don't know much about bars. Would you believe that? I'll go anywhere that has girly drinks. Or whiskey, really. And loud jukebox music is always a plus. :cheers:

I'll go anywhere that has girly drinks. Or whiskey, really. And loud jukebox music is always a plus. :cheers:

This, plus food. I don't care what kind of food, but there needs to be something at least one level up from potato chips. :) (Not that I'm complaining...those Doritos got me through the night).

Zeitgeist is cool, if it's the place with the patio and the tamales that I'm thinking of. Although I've only been there for beer during the day, not sure about nighttime.

Zeitgeist is the patio and tamale place, and one of my favorite bars in the universe. But you're right, it's best in the daytime. Focusing on the lower Haight might be nice if DVD ROTS is in, since if he gets carded at the bars we can head to Cafe International, which has beer on tap but is mainly a coffee house. Just a thought.

ETA: We'll conveniently ignore the fact that my suggestions always seem to involve walking distance for me.

if its not too late, I think I need an application form for the ..uh... competition . :cheers:

Actually, about an hour after posting the boast, I had the thought that I am pretty sure you can hang drink for drink with either Lodey or me, which would lead to our side losing rather badly. But it was too late to retract. :cheers:

It depends on if people want it to be a post-work function (the 14th) or have all day to get there (the 15th). Opinions? It doesn't matter to the jobless (me).

To be honest, that weekend will be my busiest of the Christmas season. I vote for the 15th, but I might not be able to get free at all, either.

hello one and all! i have returned! i didn't actually go anywhere, just got swamped in my career and lazy on my sofa. (hard to believe that i'm too lazy to read the boards, but my laziness knows no bounds)

so i'm down for either the 14th or the 15th. Friday night would mean i would be a little sleepy, and saturday would mean hung over sunday, so it's equal in my book.

as for location: i too hold Zeitgeist in deep affection but nighttime Zeitgeist sucks, especially nighttime in december. Cassanova is a fun bar in the mission, and on the flip side, i veto any future suggestion of Beauty Bar. AG, the mission has much food, but so does lower haight, and it has the underage option bazz suggested. my favorite place in lower haight is molotov's, but mad dog in the fog and toronado's are cool. there's also a bar right near Church station, whose name i can't remember, but it's a smoking-inside place, if people are interested in that option.

so that's my 2 cents...

happy thanksgiving y'all!

It depends on if people want it to be a post-work function (the 14th) or have all day to get there (the 15th). Opinions? It doesn't matter to the jobless (me).

Have we decided which day?

My work holiday party is the 14th...at the Computer History Museum here in Mountain View. Bunch of freaking nerds. :lol:

Anyway, the party is during the day, so it will not interfere with my ability to get up to SF that night if that's what is decided. I will just need to know so that I can plan my drinking accordingly. :)

I am no longer free on the 14th. I would suggest the 15th... ;)

MSI101: Do you look old enough that you wouldn't be carded if you didn't order drinks?

I'm not 100% sure, cause I've never tried it, but I have met a number of people who think I'm older than I really am, so it's possible.

Archived