BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

In SF, there are a couple of options...there's The Mint, which my friends go to. I've never been, but apparently it's really busy. And gay. Might be too crowded on a Friday/Saturday. There's also the Encore Karaoke Lounge, which is apparently less busy.

This place is the kind where you can get a private room, but they don't serve booze. Reviews say you can BYOB, but be discreet. And they don't have an online list of songs, so it could be mostly non-English.

So, karaoke joint late January? I've re-posted Kat's research from October...I don't know any places but these might be good enough. I vote for the place with the easiest parking!

How's about Jan 18, 19, 25, or 26? Ok, cool. :thumbsup: I vote the 25th, although I really have no preference. Just getting the ball rolling...

So, karaoke joint late January? I've re-posted Kat's research from October...I don't know any places but these might be good enough. I vote for the place with the easiest parking!

How's about Jan 18, 19, 25, or 26? Ok, cool. :thumbsup: I vote the 25th, although I really have no preference. Just getting the ball rolling...

I vote the 26th. Saturdays will be easier than Fridays.

The Mint: very convenient location right off the Fell Street exit of 101 (and there are parking garages in that neighborhood), and it sounds like it can support large group tables, but the user reviews say that if you aren't a known regular, that you are unlikely to get to sing. Sounds like it is better for people who want to watch karaoke than participate in it.

Amnesia at 19th and Valencia sounds like a great friendly intimate place to go with a few friends, but possibly too small for our group.

Would Berkeley be feasible? Shattuck Down Low sounds like a fun venue. (Since my daughter lives in Berkeley, it is better than San Francisco for me.)

Archived