BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

Glad you'll be able to make it, AG.

"Mustaches and Muffin Tops", huh? The mind boggles.

I didn't know people gave names to their birthday parties. I've been to some themed birthday parties, but they didn't have names, as far as I recall.

(One friend in the city used to throw a big television destruction party on his birthday. The price of admission was an old television set, and they would line them up on this hillside that was almost a cliff behind his house and blow them up and shoot them. He had to get a license for it from the police and warn all the neighbors. This was like 25 years ago, though.)

Ok, everybody can breathe sighs of relief -- it looks like I'm in. My friend's party is the 25th, and it's called "Mustaches and Muffin Tops". Seriously, wtf? *sigh*

Nice. A few years ago, my friend hosted a "Wigs and Mustache" party. I had a goatee at the time, so it was easy to play along. Note the genuine black eye and stitches in my eyebrow -- I think they really complement the look.

Amnesia's not too small. Nice little stage, even.

Parking is shaky, though. ETA: Though there is a pretty cheap pay lot a block away on Mission.

From anybody else, this would be a face-value statement. Coming from Bazz, "parking is shaky" sounds apocalyptic.

Uh, I'm probably in? I don't know? Is it January yet?

I ain't singing, though.

Nice. A few years ago, my friend hosted a "Wigs and Mustache" party. I had a goatee at the time, so it was easy to play along. Note the genuine black eye and stitches in my eyebrow -- I think they really complement the look.

Was that a rugby injury, or did you forget to do the dishes again? :P

For those considering singing, I have found that it is helpful to play my ipod with only one headphone in my ear. If you don't have an ipod or similar device, you can use whatever you have and plug headphones into it. I put one headphone in my ear and sing along with the singer. That lets me know if I should try to sing the song at the meet.

I really wanted to try "Hard Sun" by Eddie Vedder if Amnesia has it but trying out this method convinced it wouldn't be anything more than a farce.

I do have some other ones lined up though that I think I can do decently well on.

Ouch.

So what's up then? Are we going to still go there on the 26th or are we going to try for another place that has karaoke? There are karaoke bars in Sacramento. I am not saying everyone should come to Sacramento but that there should be karaoke bars in SF.

How about Annie's Social Club? They have karaoke every Saturday night in a separate room, and parking is better in that area than the Mission anyhow.

Sounds good. There is live music too if we get tired of the karaoke scene. And they have three of the six songs I was planning on singing. Considering that two of the other three songs are pretty obscure, that is a good showing.

I'm for it.

New location sounds fine to me, but I'm waiting for Kat's availability. We need her confirmation for this event to go forward. When does she get back from Summer?

I saw her in OsChat a few days ago. I think she was already down there when she was chatting. So she should have internet access. If anyone has her e-mail or she has it set so that she is notified of PMs through e-mail we could e-mail or PM her to see.

I saw her in OsChat a few days ago. I think she was already down there when she was chatting. So she should have internet access. If anyone has her e-mail or she has it set so that she is notified of PMs through e-mail we could e-mail or PM her to see.

I'll PM her to alert her to the thread but hopefully she's on vacation and not paying attention to the boards. :)

The downside to Annie's Social Club is a $6 cover on the night in question. I don't mind paying a cover, but I imagine that would keep out our sub-21 year olds.

Is there a time cutoff? Like no cover until X'o'clock? They didn't start carding at the Toronado until well after we got there. (Although I am suspect of the "bouncer"...for whatever reason, I think I'm the only person who got carded later in the night).

The downside to Annie's Social Club is a $6 cover on the night in question. I don't mind paying a cover, but I imagine that would keep out our sub-21 year olds.

Well, if that does indeed mean carding, I guess that place is out too. Do you know of anyplace else, Bazz? Or if they don't start the cover/carding until later?

Archived