New Images from Testor

Guest Ran

Which is your favorite?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Of the colored figures in the group shot, which is your favorite?

• Hodor, Bran, and Summer
    • Catelyn
    • Ned with Ice
    • Robb and Grey Wind
    • Theon Greyjoy
    • Sansa and Lady

Except....I don't really like the kraken on Theon. Looks a little cartoonish.

The kraken eyes threw me off. I was like, "Why does Theon have little bitty boobs?" Then I was like, "Oh." :dunce:

I really like Bran's miniature. I love how shaggy Hodor is and his little legs and basket and how he's reaching for Summer. It's just great. Ned's post is also perfect. I wish I could see more of his face from the picture but it rules so far.

well I have to say that I love all figs except Sansa's but they all still need some work imho to please die hard fans.

I think that Catelyn looks great, she is beautiful, it's said in the books and she does look beautiful in fig too. From up close she looks like a woman, sure not like one who got 5 children but still she had to look beautiful so I'm ok with it.

Robb looks great though I don't like his haircut at all.

the biggest problem is that ALL the direwolfs are too small...for Lady it's "forgivable" because she was a young direwolf when she got beheaded.

For Grey Wind and summer they should be twice that size...

Grey Wind looks like a young wolf and not like an adult DIREwolf, something has to be done as I think he should reach half the height of the horse.

Hodor and Bran are cool except that Summer is smaller on the painted pic than on the prototype, hope it'll be fixed (see above)

Sorry to say but I think Sansa looks ugly...she has a sharp long nose that has nothing to do with her mother nor with the vision you could get from the book (she is supposed to be very beautiful) nor the one you can find in Amok's art.

Ned looks cool but his sword is too dull and not dark enough and he also looks more old and tired than severe but would need to see him up close.

Finally Théon is really cool even if the craken on his shirt could be better drawned.

Well as a conclusion I'd like to see Sansa's and Ned faces reworked and most importantly the wolf size corrected.

Thanks for the feedback and please encourage testors on their great work...

I'm waiting eagerly for those figurines and I'd truly buy them all if some received some more love.

I like what I see, I would go for the Bran, Hodor and Summer statue, but I have to insert my usual complaint about the Direwolves. I've said this with regards to ALL the artists depictions in the "Art of Ice and Fire" artbook as well; why does no one get that these are not regular wolves? They are far, far too small. Do these look as though they are the size of a small pony?

Seriously, how hard can it be? Take a regular wolf, make him substantially bigger and broader and you're done. I can only hope that GRRM will also comments on this to the manufacturer.

I like what I see, I would go for the Bran, Hodor and Summer statue, but I have to insert my usual complaint about the Direwolves. I've said this with regards to ALL the artists depictions in the "Art of Ice and Fire" artbook as well; why does no one get that these are not regular wolves? They are far, far too small. Do these look as though they are the size of a small pony?

Seriously, how hard can it be? Take a regular wolf, make him substantially bigger and broader and you're done. I can only hope that GRRM will also comments on this to the manufacturer.

Hm, I always thought that even during ASoS the direwolves weren't completly grown up yet. Is it anywhere mentioned in the books that the wolves DO allready have the size of small ponies? Didn't Bran on his way north say something in the line of "when Summer will be bigger I'll be able to ride him instead of Hodor"?

Well they maybe aren't the biggest size yet (like in Mark Evans pic of chapter 1) but it's mentionned that they are already much bigger than wolves...which isn't clear on the fig unfortunately.

truly I think it'd be nice to attract fans attention (general board?) about this, it's important to have those figurines not forget about one of the few fantasy touch of martin's world.

And direwolfes are very important characters imho they deserve recognition ;)

I have to agree in regards to the wolves. They are way too small IMO.

Ice should be darker, a gray of some sort. However, most people will probably not get this and will think its a mistake if it was. So, I assume they are wanting to appeal to a much larger audience and will keep it the traditional silvery color. Ned looks good.

Cat looks perfect IMO.

Sansa should look VERY similar to Cat. But, she doesn't. I think she needs a little more work.

Bran and Hodor look great.

Fix the Kraken and Theon is great.

I was not particularly impressed with Robb. Maybe its the hair? Its just not what I have pictured. Nobody has done a good Robb, IMO.

Arya doesn't look fat to me. She is wearing clothes she found and most of it doesn't fit. It looks to me like the clothes is baggy and loose. I think Arya is great.

I was not particularly impressed with Robb. Maybe its the hair? Its just not what I have pictured. Nobody has done a good Robb, IMO.

well everybody makes Robb look too much like cat and if he does look like her in the face he is suppose to be quite strong, at least have a stronger build than Jon if I remember well.

Still if they could change his weird hairs I'd be ok with it :)

Hm, I always thought that even during ASoS the direwolves weren't completly grown up yet

They should definitly be grown up by the time of ASOS ;)

Two years have passed. A regular wolf takes about 12 months to reach his full stature.

It also corresponds with the damage done by Ghost, Summer, Grey Wind and Nymeria in those books. They are seriously ripping people apart, fitting for a creature that big, since regular wolves don't do that.

Note that all of the resins at this stage are drawing from scenes in AGoT. Robb and Grey Wind, for example, are from the chapter in which Bran is attacked by the wildlings. In that chapter, Bran says the direwolves are as large as any wolf he had seen. I think Grey Wind and Summer are at the right height for about that point in time in the novel. Harder to tell with Lady, but the scene is, as I recall, quite a bit earlier, and she was the smallest of them as well.

By the time ASoS scenes start rolling out, I hope they'll be scarily-huge. :)

Archived