What games are you playing / looking forward to?

zakalwe7

Random, but I'm waiting on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night which should arrive any day. Never played it and I know people loved it back in the day.

If you have a 360, it's available on XBox Live Arcade for cheap.

This is looking way ahead, but when the next Knights of the Old Republic comes out, I will take a week off from work and go into a deep dark hole where I cannot be disturbed.

You know it looks like it will probably be an MMORPG, right? That may be a good thing for many, but for others it's very disappointing.

You know it looks like it will probably be an MMORPG, right? That may be a good thing for many, but for others it's very disappointing.

What does the MMO in MMORPG mean?

Massively Multiplayer Online.

As in, not an RPG at all. As in, WoW clone, but with light sabers.

Fscking EA, killing my darlings.

Oh man. While that game might be cool, it would be nothing like the KOTOR games. Fuck. How strong of a rumor is that?

Oh man. While that game might be cool, it would be nothing like the KOTOR games. Fuck. How strong of a rumor is that?

Pretty strong.

BioWare (with new partners EA's blessing, presumably) and LucasArts just signed an agreement to do a new game together, but the Interweb has immediately declared it to be either KotOR III or KotOR: The MMORPG.

Currently replaying Command and Conquer III. Will fire up a new campaign of Medieval 2 afterwards, probably.

One thing is for sure, and that's I'm not getting any new games this side of Christmas :( Damn all moving expenses and credit cards!

I agree about the mmo(rp)g part. You're wrong about several things though. Bioware has been developing that particular title for awhile, and they certainly started long before the EA deal.

WoW clone? WoW wasn't the first mmo. Knowing Bioware it will most likely be quite story-driven, something WoW lacks.

I'm happy that they're trying to enter the mmo market-more money for titles like Dragon Age. The KotOR series won't be a huge loss, as it can't hold a candle to the sun (as Stego would say) that comprises their previous titles.

Has anyone tried Mask of the Betrayer yet? I fell right out of my chair when I read the RPGCodex review of it. Comparable to Torment?!

It's on my list.

I agree about the mmo(rp)g part. You're wrong about several things though. Bioware has been developing that particular title for awhile, and they certainly started long before the EA deal.

WoW clone? WoW wasn't the first mmo. Knowing Bioware it will most likely be quite story-driven, something WoW lacks.

Yeah, I was exaggerating to make a point. I just dislike MMORPGs, and have trouble telling them apart. And it's so easy to bash EA. :)

Has anyone tried Mask of the Betrayer yet? I fell right out of my chair when I read the RPGCodex review of it. Comparable to Torment?!

Other reviews say it's better than the original NWN2 module, but aren't quite at the "comparable to Torment" level. If you're into NWN2, you should definitely check out the Witcher, though - same engine with some tweaks & (as was mentioned upthread) supposedly very nice gameplay & a great story. It also clocks in around 40 hours with significant replayability due to a story line that actually has meaningful branches.

Too bad I let the upgrades go on my 'puter ever since I picked up the 360 - can't run anything major anymore.

What's it about?

Are you serious? It's an upcoming Bioware RPG, most of the gaming world is salivating over it at the moment. One of its big selling points is that supposedly dialogue will be very natural-feeling.

I'm skipping it, at least at launch, because I haven't liked any of the Bioware games I've played, but almost everyone who isn't me is drooling.

Right now I'm mostly looking forward to Rock Band. We'll see how Kane & Lynch turns out.

Currently playing:

Sword of the Stars (Addictive to the same degree as chocolate-coated cocaine with nicotine and a TV screen stuck on)

Oblivion (Umm, almost as bad...) (Also notice- Looks far better on my PS3 than your 360, whoever said that all 360 games have better graphics)

Armored Core 4

Looking forward to:

Assasin's Creed

Universe at War

Killzone 2?

Next year:

Soulstorm.

Oblivion (Umm, almost as bad...) (Also notice- Looks far better on my PS3 than your 360, whoever said that all 360 games have better graphics)

Head to head comparisons for many different games have pretty much come out a wash or even slightly in favor of the 360. But I'm certain that Oblivion looks much better on your PS3 than my p.o.s. computer. :)

I forgot before about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Could be sweet.

Are you serious? It's an upcoming Bioware RPG, most of the gaming world is salivating over it at the moment. One of its big selling points is that supposedly dialogue will be very natural-feeling.

Huh. Never heard of it. Is it supposed to be good? :smoking:

Archived