Amusing game review site

Werthead

Arkham Asylum.

He liked it! Kind of. Which led to probably the pettiest list of complaints ever, since he acknowledges the no-one watches his videos to hear him gush with praise over things. When he started bitching about the box art for lack of anything else to moan about, you knew he really liked this one.

Yeah, it's a great game. I completed the story a few days ago and finished finding all the riddler challenges last night.

Now I'm looking forward to a load of fun playing the challenges to get the 100% completion (me and a mate spent about 2 hours just playing the first challenge over and over).

There's also a distinct lack of "Rock Band" instruments in Eleanor Rigby.

As he points out, there are already a number of songs where your 'guitar' gets to magically sound like a piano or synth anyway, so that's probably not a major problem.

EDIT: They haven't got 'Let It Be' on either the disc or the DLC? What the fuck?

A game I have never ever heard of, called Darkest of Days. Which is apparently a time travel FPS where you can kill Confederate soldiers with a microwave gun from space. What?

He also goes a bit easy on them for being an indie start-up company, which is unusually sporting of him.

As he points out, there are already a number of songs where your 'guitar' gets to magically sound like a piano or synth anyway, so that's probably not a major problem.

EDIT: They haven't got 'Let It Be' on either the disc or the DLC? What the fuck?

Didn't notice this complaint till now. The guitar does occasionally get charted to piano or synth. However there is also no drums or bass in Elanor Rigby. Bass again you may be able to chart to a different instrument, however the drums have not been charted to any different instrument in Rock Band 1, 2 or Beatles. Thus it cannot be a song that comes with the game. Much like the one song that can be played in regular Rock Band with no drums it will only be as DLC.

All you need is love has been released for the 360 as DLC for a two month exclusive period where all sales go to a charity.

Let It Be wouldn't fit into the system they have for the songs in story mode, because it was written later it would have needed to be placed in the Rooftop Concert venue and thats just fricken stupid. So it likely will be DLC later on as well.

Me I'm looking forward to having the whole Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers and Rubber Soul albums by christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Another unfamiliar game reviewed this week. Surprised he bothered reviewing a DS game. Apparently the game received good reviews, other than Yahtzee's. I don't really care myself. Handheld gaming is not for me.

But as far as his review itself, it was pretty so-so. Hardly amusing.

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

I liked the depiction of the two warring factions as a retelling of the eternal class struggle between the working class and privileged elite, not to mention the constant bigging-up of the much-undervalued Luigi.

And yes, if you shave Mario's moustache off he does look disturbingly like Leisure Suit Larry. Hmm.

Brütal Legend is his victim of choice this week. He's not impressed, thinks its mix of genres is rather half-arsed (particularly the RTS aspect) and that there's way too little information on what the player is supposed to be doing.

The funniest bit is that he actually pronounces the umlaut in the title correctly.

Archived