Amusing game review site

Werthead

New review up, it's The Witcher. Funny, as always, but was with the bit at the end after the review? Was it a cutscene from the game that he dubbed over? I didn't think it was as good as the actual review though.

Yes, it was dubbed cut scene. F-- A, that was hilarious. I laughed my ass off, especially when the white haired guy started boasting about his 'sucking skill'.

"The judges said I was like vacuumcleaner with pufferfish on the end"

:lol:

The review itself was pretty funny as well, as I've come to expect.

New review up, it's The Witcher. Funny, as always, but was with the bit at the end after the review? Was it a cutscene from the game that he dubbed over? I didn't think it was as good as the actual review though.

It's from Painkiller. Never played the game, but apparently Yahtzee's version is a dubover of an actual cutscene. Which makes me glad I never played the game.

It's from Painkiller. Never played the game, but apparently Yahtzee's version is a dubover of an actual cutscene. Which makes me glad I never played the game.

I'm pretty sure that's a cut scene from The Witcher itself. The guy with the white hair is Geralt, surely?

Since I now own The Witcher, I guess I'll find out. Or maybe not, since the camera controls were designed by the terminally blind. How is it possible to totally fuck up three seperate control systems in the same game? Although apparently NWN2 suffers from the same problem, so it may be Obsidian's fault rather than CDProjekt's.

Anyway, this week Yahtzee takes on Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. Once again, it is solid gold. The guy wondering, "Where do all these giant webs come from?" whilst looking directly at a giant spider seems quite familiar from earlier games in the series.

Really hilarious review, although I think Yahtzee is at his best when the game does really suck. In this case, he didn't think so (much like the Crysis one) and thus had to go in nitpicking mode to deliver the usual sarcastic remarks. Either way, it's still Zero Punctuation. :cheers:

Heh, missed the last update of this thread. Was gonna post it myself. His Resident Evil: umbrella chronicles was outright hilarious. As always, the fucker had me laughing my ass off from my computer chair. The Call of Duty 4 one was actually kind of weak, but the high praise he gave it has inspired me to check out the game. (not a FPS fan generally)

New review up, its Sim City Societies this time. Nice to see him really rip into a game again after a couple weeks of games he rather liked; and he's got the exact same problems with god games that I usually have too.

Really weird Team Fortress 2 montage after the review, not as funny as the painkiller thing IMO.

Finally heard it. It's pretty good:

Best Taciturn FPS Character: Main guy from Bioshock.

"The moment you're compared to a magical hand that shoots bees, you're going to fucking lose."

Apprarently Yahtzee is going to saw Duke Nuke'em Forever's bollocks off if the game doesn't live up to ten years' worth of hype by being the greatest thing ever and cures cancer. Sounds promising!

Archived