Heroes

EHK for Darwin

From the previous thread.

Speculation

SPOILER: Save the Cheerleader
Destroy the world. They hinted pretty heavily that they intend to study Claire's regenerative powers as a means of developing some cure or vaccine for the virus since it can no longer be stopped by Mohinder's blood. Now we already know this has been done and is yet another lame ripoff of an X-men storyline.

But what if it wasn't so lame? What if the writers have defied every negative expectation I have of them and actually came up with something clever? What if Claire's regenerative power, upon interacting with the virus, creates a near invulnerable strain that in fact becomes the SUPER POWERED Shanti virus that destroys everyone in the future? Now that would be one hell of a twist.

That's an interesting idea. Maybe they could even make use of the wondrously useless wondertwins in this storyline, by having them (or more precisely Alejandro, I guess) be the solution?

Heh...when I posted my speculation about Claire on IMDB, that very suggestion was raised. It seems to fit. Or Maybe its Mya's power that kills everything, Virus included, and once reversed by Alejandro they're revived disease free. Wonder if that'd cure herpes too. *ponders*

I distinctly recall West noting that he doesn't have to deal with his family being on his case -- he just flies away to parts unknown rather than put up with being lectured. I also believe he's referred to the fact that he and his family have moved to California from St. Louis.

That's actually what I was referring to. I think the fact that the show brings up West's lack of parental involvement or bitching is suspicious in itself. Add in his other peculiarities, all too insightful dialog, and immediate seeking out of Claire...like I said, he almost has to be a plant. Or the writers suck even worse than I feared.

I just opened a new thread too.

I'll post here and ask the other one to be closed.

So I stopped reading spoilers up until now for this season. I wanted to see what was planned beyond the writers strike now that Tim Kring has not agreed to make changes to episode 11.

Well, I couldn't find anything.

Some interesting things I found was that Sylar is right now driving in Claire's stolen car. I did not notice that (and it's not really a spoiler).

I am looking forward to:

SPOILER: Big Spoliers for episodes 9-11

I am looking forward to the Hiro/Peter fight (which was pretty obvious was going to happen)

Surprisingly I am not looking forward to Niki dying.

Also they say 2 heroes and 1 non-hero are going to die (Niki is one Hero).

Some interesting things I found was that Sylar is right now driving in Claire's stolen car.

More graphic novel shit. Makes the incredibly absurd coincidence of randomly finding Sylar in the middle of the road even more ridiculous. I wanted to skullf**k the writers with a piano after that one.

More graphic novel shit. Makes the incredibly absurd coincidence of randomly finding Sylar in the middle of the road even more ridiculous. I wanted to skullf**k the writers with a piano after that one.

Well if they make the car a plot point going forward I agree. Otherwise I think it was just kind of an easter egg for those that pay attention to extreme detail (like the Peter being Female in his passport thing). Now if somehow the car leads Sylar back to Claire, then it is a horrible plot point. But from what I have read, this is not the case.

I had the feeling that the Demon Twins and Sylar are in Claire's stolen car as soon as Derek or whatever his name was mentioned that it was stolen. I mean, come on - the Nissan Rogue was the big product placement of the early couple of episodes, and then one surfaces in Mexico with a California license plate and a sketchy guy saying he stole it?

I have no idea why you bother making that connection. Unless it's just to make some fodder for the graphic novel out of a throwaway character who lasted all of 2 (?) episodes before he bought the farm.

I will not watch it with who they are planning to kill if you are right. There are others that should be off that freaking show.

Sorry you won't be watching. This guy wrote that Kensai was Adam before Jaxom posted the theory and before we even heard the name Adam.

There was also a lot more in the spoilers that I did not post.

Reposting my question from the previous thread(in the hopes that someone will notice it this time):

Did we see Mama Petrelli's power tonight? When she met Peter in the future, she started saying "Remember! Remember!", and the last one was kind of in a "I'm in your head" kind of way as Peter started having his flashbacks. That would seem to be a very specific type of power - causing people to remember things, and really what kind of power is something that's only a direct opposite of someone else's(the Haitian's) power? I suppose if she can cause anyone to remember any little thing that ever happened in their lives that would be useful. Or not. And if her power is more general mind-control, like the Parkman's, than why couldn't she defend herself against Maury's attack in the police station?

So, I don't know if we saw her power or not.

hey just smashed all of the plots into themselves; 4 or 5 plotlines all concluding themselves at once. All in the most haphazzard manner too. It was just plain old bad writing.

I think part of the problem is that you have so many unrelated plots. They've been dragging, so you don't really get to see their relation to each other. When they are related, like Sylar meeting Maya and Alejandro or Suresh picking up Micah's cousin, the coincidence seems forced.

Also, the theme of the arc hasn't been seen too much. Volume 1 started with the bomb going off, and the season was built around that. Volume 2's called Generations and ends with Kaito Nakamura's death, so it seems like most of the time would be spent investigating the old generation. Instead we're seeing the setup with Maya and the Shanti virus, which seems like it's meant to be the basis of volume 3.

Reposting my question from the previous thread(in the hopes that someone will notice it this time):

Did we see Mama Petrelli's power tonight? When she met Peter in the future, she started saying "Remember! Remember!", and the last one was kind of in a "I'm in your head" kind of way as Peter started having his flashbacks. That would seem to be a very specific type of power - causing people to remember things, and really what kind of power is something that's only a direct opposite of someone else's(the Haitian's) power? I suppose if she can cause anyone to remember any little thing that ever happened in their lives that would be useful. Or not. And if her power is more general mind-control, like the Parkman's, than why couldn't she defend herself against Maury's attack in the police station?

So, I don't know if we saw her power or not.

There is speculation that's her power or it's something else. I am really disappointed in myself that I could not even go 8 episodes before reading the spoilers

SPOILER: Mama Petrelli's power with some spoilers for next week's episode

The other speculation is that she has some sort of healing power. Evidently the image Nathan keeps seeing of his burned face is what he looked like after the explosion. He was healed by something or someone. The speculation is either it was Mama Petrelli or Adam.

Volume 2's called Generations and ends with Kaito Nakamura's death, so it seems like most of the time would be spent investigating the old generation. Instead we're seeing the setup with Maya and the Shanti virus, which seems like it's meant to be the basis of volume 3.

I am pretty sure Volume 2 ends in episode 11 not in Nakamura's death.

At this point I am watching this show with no expectations, except maybe a cancellation at the end of season 2 as the ratings continue to tank.

Seriously, I don't even blame the writers as much as I blame the nature of the business where make it up as we go along is standard MO.

I wish they make more mini-series instead these stupid serial dramas.

I wish the show's ratings weren't tanking, but I think even more strongly that the writers shouldn't have shot their frigging load the first season.

I know that it's complicated -- I know that it's hard. Nevertheless, I wish this show had been done in the manner I had expected it when I first started watching: that the entire plot had already been worked out to (nearly) every detail before filming had begun ... In that way, every little blink of information that didn't seem to immediately fit in would, in fact, fit in by the time we got to the end.

I know it's tempting fate, and of course producers are impatient, but I think it's what people really want. I mean, of course, all the public really wants is just instant gratification and ever-greater highs, but I think the best way to handle that is by planning.

Well. I thought this episode was good, then I read everyones' posts and realized all the crappiness and plot holes. Meanies. :(

:lol:

I feel kind of similar. My solution is to enjoy the show while watching it and laugh at it when reading about/discussing it.;)

And how the hell would he know how to contact Hiro? Dude just realized who he is. And Hiro himself barely understands to use his power most episodes.

Logic. He remembered Hiro because he decided to make the "I'm about to shit my pants in 3 seconds" face that Hiro does before trying to use Hiro's power. I don't know about you but if I could time travel my first thought on how to activate the power would not be to try and squeeze a turtlehead out.

Secondly, he is in Montreal; not Tibet, the Sahara, or the mountains in Peru, he can find a website about the Nakamura (sp?) company in about 3 seconds at an internet cafe. Why would he not try and contact him? He has a pressing issue that he needs to get to a year in the future, it will wait.

Well. I thought this episode was good, then I read everyones' posts and realized all the crappiness and plot holes. Meanies. :(

Yeah, I had several little "WTF" moments in the last Heroes thread.

In any case, it's really good for NBC (it's no Grey's Anatomy, at least) and Season Two has officially made me a fan of Angela Petrelli. There is something about that woman that is just so badass.

I feel kind of similar. My solution is to enjoy the show while watching it and laugh at it when reading about/discussing it.

:lol:

Word. There are lots of things that make no sense, but my expectations on that front are virtually zero at this point. I just don't think about it while I'm watching, it's impossible to do otherwise and keep watching this show.

I thought this was the best episode of the season, probably because I literally expect one thing: Make shit happen. As long as things move on, I'm OK.

Archived