AGOT MAFIA 46

House Targaryen

Since you seem intent on lynching me anyway, will you at least wait until I do my re-read? The wife's not home yet, but the kid will be in bed soon so I will finally have time to actually play the game. I know YOUR desires for playing mafia have been so obviously on display, maybe you could lower yourself to give a shit about one of the little people. Of course, you are the great and all knowing JBJ who is without stain so you could just go ahead and fuck it up for the innocents without giving me the chance.

Getting a bit upset?

You obviously have plenty of time. But swearing and throwing a tantrum isn't going to convince me of much of anything.

Maybe I should just threaten to quit and pout? I've got plenty of better things I could do tonight.

Seriously, what the hell do you have to be upset about, regarding me? What have I done to you? Nothing. I'm giving you a fair chance. So stop bitching and post your defense.

This is a completely different situation than what I was upset about earlier. The innocents were completely fucked over by a mod mistake. And then they were fucked over even worse by the people who were modkilled. I had every reason to be angry earlier. I'm still angry about it. I'm still not certain if I will be playing mafia here again anytime soon. I'm sick of dealing with this stuff every single game. It's a chronic problem in our games.

I don't even understand how you could suggest that these two things are comparable.

:rolleyes: I am laughing at your outrageous indignance.

:|

Well, I don't even know what to say. The problem is that at this point the case of myself and Bruce is quite good, and anything I do will no doubt strengthen it in your minds. Make a case on him, oh looks, it's distancing. Make a case on somebody else, oh he's protecting his partner. I know that if we lynch an innocent we lose, and therefore my top priority has to be not being lynched myself. The problem is that I don't know how the hell to do so. I'll do whatever you guys ask me to short of multiple rereads, but I'm fresh out of ideas. All I have to say is that I am all but certain that Bruce is guilty, as though my vote makes a difference. I don't want this game to be lost because of me, so please, anything I can do to convince you not to lynch me.

I have been thinking about the rule clarification. The only reason to tell us is because the FM asked about it. They need to find a way to control the vote. Having the King chosen randomly gives them the best option. (but seriously, I don't see how this can come into play)

In order for this to happen, they would have to kill 3 times UNLESS they actually targeted Christina night one. and they they are thinking they only need to make 2 kills to get a better chance at control and winning.

Springseen, Springseen, Spring-wha? He roleplays for a while, pops out for the beginning of the argument, pops back in in the middle and lays an arbitrary vote on Jon Bon for reasons which are hazy at best, then roleplays for a while again before popping out. I can't believe that I missed this before, it's even worse middle-road caution than Cher. I'm not going to change my vote just yet, I'm going to leave off judgement just for the moment, but he's occupying a special place on my list of suspects.

This post was brought up before. Feels like it could be an attempt at distancing. Classic case of “here are a few weak reasons and I’m not actually suspicious, but listen to me say I think he is suspicious.†I bet he does have a special place on your list of suspects, “Partnerâ€.

Wrong again, Springsteen. Stipe said that he will take out anybody with a majority of votes if such a thing should happen. Therefore what we vote does matter greatly, as well as possibly influencing his decision. Just because your vote doesn't directly wipe someone out doesn't mean that it counts for nothing.

So, back again and nothing to convince me that Cher isn't the best suspect. I'm still contemplating switching to Springsteen, his recent stuff makes me feel a tiny bit better but I'm still going to keep watching him carefully..

Some more distancing between Eminem and Bruce. Something about “Wrong again, Springsteen.†Really reads strange to me. I feel like one doesn’t often respond to someone like that, it feels forced.

Damn, damn, damn... Well, at least I can tell mysels "I told you so!" :rolleyes:

If I had time, I'd reevaluate my list, but I don't. Sorry guys, but I have to go. I won't be back before the end of the night.

This opening doesn’t feel right either, forcing a reaction to the death of an innocent.

Also Eminem's weird "cross-post" final vote after Stipe had already pushed the button strikes me as odd. It was clear from the posts that Stipe was going to off Jagger so why the need for a final vote. Trying to make sure you had a vote with the crowd? :unsure:

Distancing from Eminem. Very weak reason to cast suspicion, gets brought up later but he never really looks for anything more or casts a vote.

I don't particularly like to hash out cases during night when the NK will likely change the focus anyway.

I will try to check in first thing tomorrow but I have serious RL commitments early so that may not be possible.

It always seems like it was the FM that overthink and expect their NKs will change everything. Truth is, this one did, but not because of anything the FM did.

Madonna, out of Stipe, Eminem, and Jackson... Preferably not Stipe since I've got bad vibes on him, but I'll admit he's been rational and he held a democratic Day 1, so I hope the vibes are unfounded. No read on Jackson, he's been under my radar this entire time. Eminem seemed reasonable to me, but I fear he's not active enough to get a full read of what's going on, but ideally that's not a problem if he just goes with the majority vote. Basically: Eminem > Stipe > Jackson, but it's more of a measure of who I'd complain the least about than anything else. On the off chance that the FMs trust the symp to guard me (I guess there's really no one else for the symp to guard :unsure:), I don't think I'd be much of a king. I'd just run a normal day of mafia and lynch whomever gets the most votes.

Aww, Cher doesn’t want me to be King because of bad vibes and no other reason. However, Eminem is a winner, why not make him king?

Secondly, after looking at some things again with the knowledge that Mariah was innocent, my prime suspect is now Bruce, with Gwen reveiving honorable mention. Unfortunately, I have an early morning tomorrow and no time to do a proper reread or make a case, but I promise to do so the instant I return from work tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I will leave a few points: He said that I should be king, followed immediately by declaring me his #2 suspect, with only an evidence-light declaration of suspiscion by someone else in between. He's taken the middle ground all along, with the exception of his disagreement with JBJ never taking any strong stance. He has echoed the popular opinion and he has kept his post count fairly low. This also in addition to <somebody elses> comments. He should be seriously considered as a FM.

More distancing between Eminem and Bruce. Of course Eminem never really pushes Bruce beyond this or casts a vote.

So there, that's my thoughts on the situation with the role battle. I plan to reread both Cher and Bruce Springsteen when I get back from work, at which point I will make my finished opinion/statement. Before I go, I say that we should look at lynching a partner/master, but only if such an action can be extremely well justified. While there is some chance that both are guilty or innocent, we should still act based on the opinion that one of them is guilty. Better to work on a 50% chance of hitting an evil than a 50% chance of choosing the evil one then looking for partners or masters. Our opinions may be wrong, but a flip of a coin is always the same chance.

Kill our symp, don’t try and find us and kill us yet! Not that it isn’t necessarily bad advice. But consider who it is coming from and what they are saying.

I've never been good at spotting partner/master connections, but discounting you, me, and Madonna, it's got to be two of Stipe, Eminem, Elton, and Springsteen.

With the list in mind, I'd say one of either Stipe/Elton and another of Eminem/Springsteen. One of Stipe or Elton's definitely innocent since I can't fathom a symp lumping both his masters into the PI category, so if you wanted to take a crap shoot, the chances should be best by picking between one of Eminem/Springsteen. Your chances are still better going with me or Jacko.

This post deserves looking at again, I know JBJ already brought it up. Very nice move by Shadowbaby of subtly putting Elton and I forward so we’ll forget about her masters.

All in all, it isn’t all gold. They have done a pretty good job I think, Bruce has mentioned Eminem much less than the other way around it seems. You can definitely see Cher protecting both of them far more than me. In fact several times she unnecessarily cast suspicion on me.

:|

Well, I don't even know what to say. The problem is that at this point the case of myself and Bruce is quite good, and anything I do will no doubt strengthen it in your minds. Make a case on him, oh looks, it's distancing. Make a case on somebody else, oh he's protecting his partner. I know that if we lynch an innocent we lose, and therefore my top priority has to be not being lynched myself. The problem is that I don't know how the hell to do so. I'll do whatever you guys ask me to short of multiple rereads, but I'm fresh out of ideas. All I have to say is that I am all but certain that Bruce is guilty, as though my vote makes a difference. I don't want this game to be lost because of me, so please, anything I can do to convince you not to lynch me.

I think you should make a case as to how Bruce could be partners with Stipe.

I'm off for the night. Eminem should also probably show how Cher is my symp as well. Notice Bruce sacrificing himself and Eminem turning on him, seems like that was happening. I'll be back at some point tomorrow. Obviously for today my vote is Bruce and tomorrow it will be for Eminem.

More distancing between Eminem and Bruce. Of course Eminem never really pushes Bruce beyond this or casts a vote.

I want to respond to this specifically. After this I went to bed. When I got up, I responded to what I felt was the most important issue. I had no time to do anything major because I had to be at work before I normally wake up. I was planning to do a reread and make a real case on Bruce, but I did not have time because the day ended before I got back. By the time I did get back, the huge shitstorm had already started and anything I might have done would have only made me look guilty (see my previous post). Most of the situations being used against me are the result of my being sidetracked by Mariah for much of the game. I always intended to make a case on Bruce, but I never seemed to get around to it either due to lack of time or because I was too concentrated on other people.

I think you should make a case as to how Bruce could be partners with Stipe.

You think I should do this? Well, I suppose I might as well try. Don't say that this is covering for "my partner" or some such crap (looking at you, Stipe). Except what if Stipe is the NK (unlikely, I know...) or something like this. I'm not sure if I should just do it or wait until the mods catch up and post the death and new king. I would certainly be better equipped after actually getting some sleep...

I guess it's up to you. Should I do it now, or sleep on it and then take a stab at it?

You think I should do this? Well, I suppose I might as well try. Don't say that this is covering for "my partner" or some such crap (looking at you, Stipe). Except what if Stipe is the NK (unlikely, I know...) or something like this. I'm not sure if I should just do it or wait until the mods catch up and post the death and new king. I would certainly be better equipped after actually getting some sleep...

I guess it's up to you. Should I do it now, or sleep on it and then take a stab at it?

Your choice. If you feel you need sleep, then no problem. Get some sleep and post the case tomorrow.

Morning cometh! And then needs to change it's trousers.

SPOILER: Who OD'ed?
It was Michael Jackson! He did so much coke his nose fell right off.

SPOILER: Oh
And that was Kat. She was innocent.

It is morning.

There are six players remaining: Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Eminem, Jon Bon Jovi, Madonna and Michael Stipe.

Jon Bon Jovi is king

Thank you. It's not exactly time for me to go to bed yet, but I got almost no sleep last night and work today was brutal, so it's pretty bad for something so important. I'll start the reread for said case first thing in the morning.

Also: I'm not sure if it's supported anywhere, but there is also the possibility that Cher was not the symp, but rather an FM. Cher/Stipe might make more sense as a partner group than the other option, but I'm not too sure. I'm going to relax for a while before hitting the sack, but I'll be looking in from time to time in case somthing important happens.

Just please, don't end the day before I can do anything again. It really doesn't help me play.

RIP Jacko. :(

Would definitely appreciate cases from everybody. Please tell me:

1) Who you think Cher's masters/partner/symp are.

2) Who you want me to kill today.

I think Cher was the symp to Bruce and Stipe.

I am more confident of the Bruce connection and prefer him as the kill. (posted quotes before the Cher execution)

And now I can go to bed. night all.

edit cause I can't type

Archived