NaNoWriMo

ThomasFoster

I found myself with no direction today, so I've gone back to fill in that pesky battle sequence. Only 1100 words in, and I'm fairly happy with what's come out so far. But I doubt that I'll be passing 25k today. Oh well. Tomorrow then. :dunno:

Nym, I picked up Dark Passion Play on break today. While I've only listened to the first track, and I don't dislike it, I still find myself missing Tarja's deep operatic cadences. I can't help but to imagine what this would have sounded like with her instead. But Tarja or Anabelle, it's definately music to inspire great fantasy. :thumbsup: It remains to be seen if this will erase my affection for Once.

I found myself with no direction today, so I've gone back to fill in that pesky battle sequence. Only 1100 words in, and I'm fairly happy with what's come out so far. But I doubt that I'll be passing 25k today. Oh well. Tomorrow then. :dunno:

Nym, I picked up Dark Passion Play on break today. While I've only listened to the first track, and I don't dislike it, I still find myself missing Tarja's deep operatic cadences. I can't help but to imagine what this would have sounded like with her instead. But Tarja or Anabelle, it's definately music to inspire great fantasy. :thumbsup: It remains to be seen if this will erase my affection for Once.

Oh it shouldn't erase it! I LOVE Ghost Love Score ohhhh but it'll add to general Nightwish affection I hope :D

Don't stress it with the writing, I'm sure you'll get there, just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. Sorry about the Dory reference, couldn't help it :P *hugs*

Don't stress it with the writing, I'm sure you'll get there, just keep on swimming, swimming, swimming. Sorry about the Dory reference, couldn't help it :P *hugs*

I've been getting e-mails from my Nano ML where she(?) is always references Dory. Is she sending these out to more than just my area then? :bang:

But I'm not stressed. It's a descriptive section, so it's going to take me a little longer to write out. I can get another 600 today, no problem. And as long as I'm not behind (and I'm not) then there's nothing I need worry about.

Holy crap! They appear to have added an author search feature on the nano site. Which means I can now add you as a friend, tomfoster, even though you didn't provide a link. *evil laugh*

Can you still add new friends? The board refused to let me add Bellis and other later comers in the BWB thread by returning to their main page.

Can you still add new friends? The board refused to let me add Bellis and other later comers in the BWB thread by returning to their main page.

Aww. you want to be my friend! I added you, but I don't really have much up on the site except a very rough 1000 word section about 10K into the novel. It needs some minor fixes, but i'm refraining from touching anything until I'm done.

I'm impressed that you have excerpts in both German and English.

Right now, I'm trying to write a story within a story. I had these parents telling their kids a story last night, but I got frustrated with it and had the kid lose his attention span :) but now i'm going to finish the story as a dream sequence from one of the parents.

Story within stories, especially fairy tales, are harder than they appear!

I'm also panicking that I may have too much plot.

I'm impressed that you have excerpts in both German and English.

I started the story in English years ago, but never went over the first few pages. So the English version is not exactly a result of Nano. However, I'm feeling not adequate enough right now to write in English without thinking that it sucks, so I write it in German. It's not perfect yet, either, but can get it on paper (or in the computer) to polish afterwards.

Re the friending, I just like having all BWB members together, but somehow I can not see more than 12 at the same time anyway, and sometimes the board doesn't let me add someone. :dunno:

See, my problem is exactly the opposite. Even though German is my native language for I've been living in Germany till about 4 months ago, but then again I've been reading most of all good fantasy in English and have been writing in English for the last 3 years, so it comes somewhat more natural. It's really odd and sometimes I think my German sucks more than my English, haha

hahaha, right and no, it wasn't me who locked it so...must have been an automated thing...damn I liked my thread :P

Ah well, come and share mine :) *shuffles up to make room*

I'm now all signed up and churning away. Don't have any friends tho' :(

I'm currently two run-on sentances and an over wrought metaphor away from 5,000 words with another thou or so to add tonight. Already got a pretty good idea of where I want it to go - I just need to level a few mountains and uproot a forest to get there. Should be able to make it if I hurry. Mind you, it looks like rain on the horizon . . . :S

Okay, had a brief spurt of inspirtation today for the start of another chapter. Hopefully I can get the written word typed in later. Those written spates always end up blossoming into something more once I type away.

And I don't know if I'll ever see the sunny side of 25K, let alone 50K, by the end of the month, so I'm declaring right now that all who want to band together, regardless if you make the goal by the end of the month, should join me in a Westeros December Novel Writing Month. You guys have been great in helping keep me focused.

Put it in the back of your minds. I will start a thread like that in December. :P

And I don't know if I'll ever see the sunny side of 25K, let alone 50K, by the end of the month, so I'm declaring right now that all who want to band together, regardless if you make the goal by the end of the month, should join me in a Westeros December Novel Writing Month. You guys have been great in helping keep me focused.

Put it in the back of your minds. I will start a thread like that in December. :P

Oh hell yes. I think we should all have a "King in the North" moment of agreement and cheering for this idea.

Okay, had a brief spurt of inspirtation today for the start of another chapter. Hopefully I can get the written word typed in later. Those written spates always end up blossoming into something more once I type away.

Ohhhh I love the idea because then I'll get the first draft of Light finished, yessssssss! *all enthusiasm because she just got everything she's written so far printed out and put in a binder, almost a 1 inch paper stack (double-spaced) happy :D*

Ok, so we do 50 or 25K in December? :P

Ohhhh I love the idea because then I'll get the first draft of Light finished, yessssssss! *all enthusiasm because she just got everything she's written so far printed out and put in a binder, almost a 1 inch paper stack (double-spaced) happy :D*

Ok, so we do 50 or 25K in December? :P

I say 25k...maybe 30k or even 31 ( 1,000 words a day ).

That way we can write, with out being overwhelmed. Of course, if you want to try and push out 50k again that's o.k. too.

That way we can write, with out being overwhelmed. Of course, if you want to try and push out 50k again that's o.k. too.

Sounds like a good idea :) Oh and we should have victory hallows hahahaha :P:smoking:

Wow, I got on a roll today. Granted, 1300 words might not be that much for most people, but for me it's quite a lot. Especially considering that I'm reasonably satisfied with them. Editing it will mostly be a matter of word choice and phrasing.

Also, I've got an action scene coming up! My wise old mentor is going to let loose. It won't be pretty. I'll have to post it as my novel excerpt when I finish writing it.

25K to 30K I think should be the goal. But let's get through November and see how we're doing and then we'll take December by the horns. :P

Agreed :D

And for my part: I got Chapter 10 done with 3,162 words today which makes the grand total 47,460 words and which means, yay I'll finish the 50K tomorrow, for it's 2,540 words to go and I already know how and what to do in the 11th chapter so I'll call it a night because I'm having an evil biometrics appointment with the Immigration guys tomorrow early in the morning and yes, sleep is good too. Almost as good as caffeine.

*goes to sleep haunted by Jaxom's avatar and the awfulness of raptor gazes...*

Ok, so we do 50 or 25K in December?

Your killing me.

And for my part: I got Chapter 10 done with 3,162 words today which makes the grand total 47,460 words and which means, yay I'll finish the 50K tomorrow, for it's 2,540 words to go and I already know how and what to do in the 11th chapter so I'll call it a night because I'm having an evil biometrics appointment with the Immigration guys tomorrow early in the morning and yes, sleep is good too. Almost as good as caffeine.

Your KILLING me.

Archived