NFL VII

Space Bandito

We lost to the MOTHER!@#$ing Eagles! We deserved to lose this game, hopefully it helps the team to get their shit in order.

I have a sickening feeling that we might be this years Chargers. At least we're in the playoffs though, more than the Eagles or the 'skins can say.

EDIT: Good to see the Dolphins get off the schneid.

At least we're in the playoffs though, more than the Eagles or the 'skins can say.

The 'skins still have a shot actually. And wow! Ladell Betts just trucked the entire NY backfield for 6. :owned:

Also, is it illegal for the Giants to catch a ball? WTF?

ETA:

:lol:

Unstoppable. Eli Manning is.

:rofl: :rofl:

I wonder if Citizen is regretting this right now.

Nice win tonight for the Redskins. I'm looking forward to playing spoiler against the Giants next weekend now (well, I won't be in town to watch, unfortunately, but I'll follow in spirit).

Mike Francesca is tearing the Giants a new asshole now.

Nice win tonight for the Redskins. I'm looking forward to playing spoiler against the Giants next weekend now (well, I won't be in town to watch, unfortunately, but I'll follow in spirit).

Please do.

If the Redskins can run the table (huge if), I wonder if now the easier slot to get will be the Giants slot. The Saints have tiebreakers over the Skins, their offense has been on fire and they have an easier schedule (Eagles represent their last realistic chance to lose). If the Giants lose to the Bills, they get the Patriots in the finale and almost certainly another loss there. They're banged up too. Suddenly I'm a huge Bills/Eagles fan.

But it's all moot if the Skins can't find some way to beat the suddenly on fire Vikings next week. Doesn't even help if the Bears beat 'em tonight.

Just saw the highlights of the Buffalo-Cleveland game. Holy hell that weather was unreal!!! And I say that having grown up in the midwest, but damn that would have been a fun game to go to. Throwback football in the wintry elements-- good stuff.

One can only hope that if the Cowboys lose home field advantage in the next few weeks we might be looking at the Ice Bowl part II for an NFC Title Game (and yes, I do enjoy getting way ahead of myself when it comes to prognosticating).

Thoughts on the Week:

-Like I said, weather does strange things, like slow down the most potent offense since German tanks rolled through the Caucuses. I had no doubt the spread was csafe, I just thought the Pats would force more touchdown throws. This could be a chilling vision of things to come, as all Pats games from now until (hopefully) the Superbowl will be in the Northeast. That means potential bad weather. I don’t care about the cold (again, this may actually help the Pats); but inability to throw slows us down far more than it impacts the other team. Pats “running game†came to life, but against the worst running D in the NFL. Sort of a “meh†game; we won, but you feel a little hollow.

-Thank you, Joe Gibbs, for making me look like an asshole this past week! I still think you should be fired (again, because you still seem to be playing out the string), but your winning makes that harder to argue.

-Sabathia blanks the Bills 8-0. No wonder he won the Cy Young.

-Congratulations, Miami, you will no longer be the De Facto worst team in NFL History; you are no only in the running. I have to agree with what Bronn said- no team deserves to go 0-16. Its not the players’ fault they are so horrendously bad. Ownership has done everything possible to ruin this team, and has been doing just that for the past 10 years. I really think watching Heizenga wipe tears from his eyes was one of the most shitty things I have ever seen in pro-sports. Asshole- its because of YOU they almost went 0-16!

-Its not SF winning that makes me angry; its that Atlanta, KC, St. Louis, and Oakland keep losing. These teams are tremendously terrible.

-I am now officially worried about the Jaguars in the playoffs. That didn't take long at all.

-Begin believing your own press? You begin losing games to the Eagles. And you guys are suddenly on shaky ground for home field. Thus, if you lose to GB, THANKS!! Because that will be the best “Good v. Evil†Superbowl, like EVER! Brett Favre, everyone’s favorite hero, the Green Bay faithful! Versus (hopefully) the Evil Patriots, their cheating head coach, their pretty-boy QB, and their brutal players. Don’t look now, but Gregg Easterbrook may explode. Green Bay may not get all the points, but they will get all the calls.

-Seattle- you suck.

-I dare him to blame God for his 5 INTs. I just dare him. Is there any way for a team to be the biggest surprise AND the biggest disappointment in the same season?

-Patriots last 2 opponents have imploded with SPECTACULAR results.

Archived