Limited Edition Prints

Ran

That would be a valuation based on the market for collectible comics. Much like Action Comics #1 had a 10 cent retail value but goes for $100,000-$500,000 depending on condition.

Whether the comic is "really" worth $10 is a difficult thing to say, since collectible values fluctuate a lot, and there is a great deal of variation from place to place, even at the same time -- a comic that sells for $3 on the shelves can sell for $20 in one Ebay auction and $1.50 at another auction within a handful of days.

A cursory look at Ebay does suggest sketch variants and B covers are indeed being listed at roughly the ~$10 range, give or take a couple of bucks.

Right, I get that, but I find it odd that the distributor is the one who is selling it for it's "market" price instead of it's list price, so to speak. The market price and collection I had figured would take over to inflate or deflate the price after all of the comics had been sold by the distrubtor, which is obviously not the case in this instance.

I recieved my print today. Almost exactly seven months after I ordered it. It's gorgeous, of course, but after this I'm not going to pay them for anything until I know that other people have actually started recieving things. Honestly, if I pay for a product, I expect them to ship it when they say they will. I have no real issues with it being delayed a week or so, I'm a reasonable man. But honestly.....seven months?

• 4 years later...

I'm thinking about selling my limited edition Ice and Fire prints by Michael Komarck. These were released by the infamous and now defunct Dabel Brothers. All three are professionally framed in gold-leaf black wood with matte UV-protective glass. Beautifully done. I paid $585 for everything in 2008. I would obviously want more to part with them. I've never seen the prints resell in any listings or bid site. I don't know anyone else that owns all three. I would only be selling them together. Here's a chance to compliment your GRRM library/collection with a complete set. I also have proof of purchase for authenticity. The buyer would be responsible for shipping charges. PM me if interested making an offer.

You can view them here.

Thank you for the interest. These have sold.

Archived