Goodkind XXXII: Swedish Grandmothers Beware

Werthead

If most of the Yeard's fans aren't "fantasy readers", and he still sells millions of books, then what is this "broader audience" that he's trying to reach? The people who hang out in self-help? the erotica perverts?

I think wishful thinking and creativity helped him greatly in reaching that conclusion.

He probably read his fanmail, screened it and decided that those who wrote stuff that disappointed him weren't really his fans because they didn't get it.

And lo and behold. Turns out that 90% of those that got his approval expressed opinions that was to his liking!

With this methodology and sufficient volumes of fan mail the Yeard could probably prove that 90% of his readers are vampires.

Here's an idea Terry.

If you don't want to be seen as a fantasy author, skip the dragons and the magic and the swashbuckling. Then get another publisher and a pseudonym. Now all you have to do is write a good book... oh.

It's clear he spends a lot of time thinking about touching Swedish grandmothers.

I'm considering writing my MP about having the Yeard declared persona non grata in Sweden. :lmao:

*edit* Not that I expect him to ever stick his nose outside of the US borders. Wouldn't do to be exposed to any jibber-jabber.

A story of images:

A Swedish grandmother about to go on a date.

Her blind date shows up to pick her up.

While immediately drawn to his yeard, she can't help but be repulsed by his personality.

When at the bar, she ditches her blind date for this man.

Angered, her former date goes home and stares angrily at a mirror, thusly.

He then writes the package of crap quoted here

I couldn't get the image of Tairy on a date with a Swedish grandmother getting cock-blocked by Muslim man, and him being so bitter he had to say something untoward. Google Image search did the rest...

Every time Tairy opens his mouth, a fount of irrogance (or argnorance, whatever arrogance + ignorance equals) spews forth.

I couldn't get the image of Tairy on a date with a Swedish grandmother getting cock-blocked by Muslim man, and him being so bitter he had to say something untoward. Google Image search did the rest...

Every time Tairy opens his mouth, a fount of irrogance (or argnorance, whatever arrogance + ignorance equals) spews forth.

Just saw a really funny headline that reminded me of this thread.

Tom Cruise On Will Smith: "We share the same level of reality"

just-posted interview:

pure unadulterated tairy!!!

i came across this in the same interivew (emphasis mine):

When I started thinking about Wizard's First Rule, I eventually felt that the time had come to write it down on paper. Until then, I never wrote stories down. I have dyslexia, so written words have always been something that have given me difficulty, so I never bothered with them. I was perfectly content to keep the stories in my head and tell them to myself, and to this day that's exactly what I do: I tell myself the stories.

has anyone heard about tairy being dyslexic before?? its not an excuse for bad stories, but still, i'd feeling bad about picking on him if he was dyslexic. its almost like picking on the disabled....

pure unadulterated tairy!!!

i came across this in the same interivew (emphasis mine):

When I started thinking about Wizard's First Rule, I eventually felt that the time had come to write it down on paper. Until then, I never wrote stories down. I have dyslexia, so written words have always been something that have given me difficulty, so I never bothered with them. I was perfectly content to keep the stories in my head and tell them to myself, and to this day that's exactly what I do: I tell myself the stories.

has anyone heard about tairy being dyslexic before?? its not an excuse for bad stories, but still, i'd feeling bad about picking on him if he was dyslexic. its almost like picking on the disabled....

Yeah, his dyslexia is pretty well known. It's his excuse for never reading books I think (and certainly never reading Robert Jordan or any other author he's been accused of stealing from). But for some reason, I don't feel the slightest bit bad for picking on him. Picking on a retarded person is mean, but picking on somebody who tries so damn hard to be retarded just seems natural.

The most nobel of all pokemon

Sweet. :)

And what was absolutely brilliant was the link to Min's blog, complete with parodies, sitting right next to the interview on the left-hand side. Quite amusing.

Ooooh. Didn't notice that. Very amusing indeed. :thumbsup:

Okay, he's just a shit writer overall. Who writes 80 pages without editing? I had forgotten how much I hate this guy.

NaNoWriMo writers, who probably knows better than the yeard and went back and edited their stuff.

Vigo, you are a god. The grandmother looks hot, btw. :)

yeah, the dyslexia is nothing new. I think it's been brought up in just about every interview he's done. I don't see it as a write-off though. Dyslexia isn't tourettes syndrome, it hardly accounts for the things he says or writes. If you want to sympathize with him, just imagine what it's like being misunderstood by so many people :)

Besides, he's not the only SF author who has dyslexia. Tobias Buckell recently said he has it and his novels and short stories are much, much more enjoyable and well-written than Tairy's. Oh, and Buckell does read other novelists/storywriters and does all sorts of things, not using that as a crutch, so I'd have to say that one has to pinch a few tons of salt with Tairy's comments there.

Okay, VIGO, was your little demonstration of "personality" supposed to crash my laptop? Damn you, death chooser!

No, it's supposed to be a picture of Tairy's personality...however, I do find it hilarious that when one tries to view his personality, even cold, inanimate machines choke and want to die.

No, it's supposed to be a picture of Tairy's personality...however, I do find it hilarious that when one tries to view his personality, even cold, inanimate machines choke and want to die.

Something to do with a site called "Blank Page". (Thus the joke, I assume?) Yet my computer all but threw up on me with the pop up ads. :lol:

Archived