Official Testing Thread

MaroonedHopes

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this may sound like the most idiotic question ever, but how do you include quotes in your edits of the posts? To clarify, let's say I have responded to one post and posted it, but in the meantime, either couple of other posts were posted or I missed answering to some posts. Now I would have to edit it with quoting the posts I want to respond to. That is what gives me nightmares. I don't know how to do that. Yes, it is embarrassing given the fact I am here for 18 months and have posted thousands of posts, but I sincerely don't know how to do it.

OK, this may sound like the most idiotic question ever, but how do you include quotes in your edits of the posts? To clarify, let's say I have responded to one post and posted it, but in the meantime, either couple of other posts were posted or I missed answering to some posts. Now I would have to edit it with quoting the posts I want to respond to. That is what gives me nightmares. I don't know how to do that. Yes, it is embarrassing given the fact I am here for 18 months and have posted thousands of posts, but I sincerely don't know how to do it.

Do you want to edit in quotes?

Like this:

ETA:

Edited by Stannis Eats No Peaches

Yes... I can't do that :blushing:

I'm not sure that there's a specific function for it. I'm on a tablet anyway so my options are already limited.

What I do:

1. Click the quote button on the desired post(s) (multi quote works too)

2. When it takes you to the posting screen with the quote there, highlight all the text and cut it (Ctrl + X)

3. Click the cancel button or do whatever it takes to get back to the thread without posting

4. Click the edit button on your post

5. Paste (Ctrl + V) the text into the box wherever you want

Sorry if that came across as condescending in places. :)

I'm not sure that there's a specific function for it. I'm on a tablet anyway so my options are already limited.

What I do:

2. When it takes you to the posting screen with the quote there, highlight all the text and cut it (Ctrl + X)

3. Click the cancel button or do whatever it takes to get back to the thread without posting

OK...

What I do:

Thanks mate... And you were helping me... No condescension noticed... :)

Edited by Mladen

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum.

Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

This thread

dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

:bang:

Edited by SirBlackofhAir