Best Quotes from Spoilers

Jon Targaryen

Well, if no one is going to comment or give their own I'll post another.

[Dany gives Grey Worm general orders on finding the ones who killed Stalwart Shield and protecting the Unsullied.]

"These ones shall obey."

Daenerys pushed her hair back. "Find these cowards for me," she said fiercely. "Find them, so that I might teach the Harpy's Sons what it means to wake the dragon."

Very nice, imo, and in line with what Dany said about Mago and Jhaqo in AGOT.

“One by one they raised their heads and turned their blue eyes to the three wolves on the hill.†- Prologue

“Tell me, Lord Snow,†said Lady Melisandre. “Where were these other kings when the wild people stormed your Wall?†- Jon I

"Her father is her boy's father as well? Then send them away, for this is not King's Landing." - Jon I

"You know nothing Jon Snow". Melisandre to Jon in Jon I

“A piece of the old gods to burn for the new.†Jon II

“We burn their king, burn their gods, but they get onion soup.†- Jon II

Daenerys pushed her hair back. "Find these cowards for me," she said fiercely. "Find them, so that I might teach the Harpy's Sons what it means to wake the dragon."

Very nice, imo, and in line with what Dany said about Mago and Jhaqo in AGOT.

She has not done that and seeing that the Mago and Jhaqo are nowhere near her I wonder if she will be able to keep her promise

She has not done that and seeing that the Mago and Jhaqo are nowhere near her I wonder if she will be able to keep her promise

It has been hinted in spoiler chapters that the Dothraki may come to try to defeat Dany. Also, there is the vision of the crones kneeling to Dany. I'm not sure if that took place in AGOT but I seem to remember researching it one time and finding the scene in AGOT and the House of the Undying vision to be different. The crones kneeling, if it does take place in the future, will come, I think, after Dany has defeated (ie made "die screaming" ;)) some of Drogo's former kos.

It has been hinted in spoiler chapters that the Dothraki may come to try to defeat Dany. Also, there is the vision of the crones kneeling to Dany. I'm not sure if that took place in AGOT but I seem to remember researching it one time and finding the scene in AGOT and the House of the Undying vision to be different. The crones kneeling, if it does take place in the future, will come, I think, after Dany has defeated (ie made "die screaming" ;) ) some of Drogo's former kos.

I searched in A Storm of Swords about this but the only thing I could find was:

"These Yunkish dogs cannot be trusted, Your Worship. Even now they plot against you. New levies have been raised and can be seen drilling outside the city walls, warships are being built, envoys have been sent to New Ghis and Volantis in the west, to make alliances and hire sellswords. They have even dispatched riders to Vaes Dothrak to bring a khalasar down upon you. Great Cleon bid me tell you not to be afraid."

Not a clear indication of a Dothraki attack I think but who knows.

I was completely amused when I read "You know nothing Jon Snow"

It was like being kicked in the face. By Chuck Norris. Without the pain.

Also, "He drank his way across the narrow sea" was finny, to me. I don't know why. Maybe because I like Tyrion when he gets drunk.

• 1 month later...

From the three spoiler chapter's I've read, one of the quotes I like most is Illyrio's last line

"Are your Seven Kingdoms so different? There is no peace in Westeros, no justice, no faith... and soon enough no food. When men are starving and sick of fear, they look for a savior."

"They may look, but if all they find is Stannis — "

"Not Stannis. Nor Myrcella. Another." The yellow smile widened. "Another. Stronger than Tommen, gentler than Stannis, with a better claim than the girl Myrcella. A savior come from across the sea to bind up the wounds of bleeding Westeros."

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"

"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

It gave me shivers the first time I read it (and still does), cause it promises a lot of interesting story from Tyrion's POV - plus, it's yet another person travelling to Dany.

GRRM has always been very strong in his chapter endings, and this is one of the best I've seen so far.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Where do whores go?"

I can only imagine Tyrion's quest to find his first love will be like Facebook. You go on trying to find one person and end up finding dozens of people who are far more interesting and entertaining. Life for Tyrion is about to become Facebook times a thousand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived