Best Quotes from Spoilers

Jon Targaryen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The strongwine was making his head spin, though, and the cellar steps were very steep.

"Where do whores go?" he asked the wash flapping on the line. Perhaps he should have asked the washerwoman. Not to imply that you're a whore, my dear, but perhaps you know where they go.

-Tyrion

• 4 weeks later...

"I'll have more milk out of her and less talk" Stannis complaining about gilly telling jon that stannis planned to give lordships to rattleshirt and co.

"Goat's milk is poor fare for a prince, but better than whore's milk" Stannis commenting on Jon's decision to send gilly away.

• 2 years later...

"Hang him." Jon Snow's most badass moment ever. :cool:

I don't think this line will make the final cut because it goes against The principles instilled in Jon by his father in agot...would someone help me out...if jon pronounces sentence he would dishonor his father by having someone else see it through...he has to do it himself...maybe it is a bluff by Lord Snow!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think this line will make the final cut because it goes against The principles instilled in Jon by his father in agot...would someone help me out...if jon pronounces sentence he would dishonor his father by having someone else see it through...he has to do it himself...maybe it is a bluff by Lord Snow!

Did you read the Jon III (actually Jon II) topic?

If I remember correctly, Jon says something along the lines of

'Fetch me a block." When a suitable block was found, Jon pushed Slynt and placed his head on top of it. "You're going to die, but if you move your head it will be a lot more painful, and you will still die. Any last words, my lord?' Slynt started babbling. "Please, m'lord I'll go... I'll go." You already closed that door, Jon thought. "Can I have his boots?" Edd asked as Jon swung Longclaw down in a savage slice. Janos Slynt's head rolled on the ground. "They're made of fine leather, y'know, nearly new!" Jon sheathed Longclaw, and looked at Stannis. He gave a small nod and then turned around and walked away.

This is the basic ending, and the dialogue is almost word for word, I think. I've forgotten the little flourishes GRRM added to it but that's pretty close. Maybe it was because he was reading it, but the part with Dolorious Edd asking for the boots seemed a bit out of place.

Actually, i dont know what to think. A beheading i cool, but it looks like personal revenge. Jon giving an order would mean he showing some autority - and being less nedish. But a beheading is cool. I don't know :D

BTW i love that line... "You're going to die, but if you move your head it will be a lot more painful, and you will still die. Any last words, my lord?"

Well he had Slynt hung in early versions, then Martin changed it to show Jon is a Stark and the blood of the First Men. The man that pronouces the sentence should swing the blade, etc.

Also Red Mel doesn't need to work out some R+L=J idiocy to realise Jon Snow is more royal than anyone she has tried so far.

Starks were kings for thousands of years, alot longer than the Targayen's who were a minor, minor Valryian house who were Kings for a mere 300 years.

His Brother was a King and died a King.

She wanted to try Edric Storm for godsake, a bastard of Robert who was King for a mere 15 years.

She tried Mance and failed, she is not exactly picky about what constitutes royal blood.

Hell I am suprised she hasn't tried to talk Stannis into trying Shireen.

Well he had Slynt hung in early versions, then Martin changed it to show Jon is a Stark and the blood of the First Men. The man that pronouces the sentence should swing the blade, etc.

Actually, GRRM changed because if you hang somebody from that high, the rope will chop his head off... but this new version looks more like personal revenge to me. (or maybe i just want it to be so, im looking forward to a less stark-ish jon)

Also Red Mel doesn't need to work out some R+L=J idiocy to realise Jon Snow is more royal than anyone she has tried so far.

Starks were kings for thousands of years, alot longer than the Targayen's who were a minor, minor Valryian house who were Kings for a mere 300 years.

His Brother was a King and died a King.

She wanted to try Edric Storm for godsake, a bastard of Robert who was King for a mere 15 years.

She tried Mance and failed, she is not exactly picky about what constitutes royal blood.

Hell I am suprised she hasn't tried to talk Stannis into trying Shireen.

i think she will...

I agree, she should know about jon, but then somebody told me that mel probably needs kings or sons of kings, not descendants of ancient/ half brothters of fallen kings.

i'm pretty sure she'll try anyway. Either or this or she'll think jon is AA and she will burn stannis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived