Theon's role and allegiance in aDwD (ADWD Spoilers)

PestilencE

I'm only a recent follower of the forums, so sorry if what I have to say is widely known amongst you guys. :D

IMO, in aDwD Theon will be pretty much sick with the Ironborn. He got some really unfair and unjust attitude from both his father and Asha (damn arrogant bitch) back in aCoK. As a result, he will reconsider his allegiance. He had grown accustomed to the Starks, even though he tries to instill in himself hate against them. So, maybe in aDwD he will try to get aligned with the Starks again. This might seems incredibly unfeasible for obvious reasons, but I see it as a viable option.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think he's had with his own kind. We know Asha has gone out to find him so he can make his claim on the seastone chair, but IMO, if she manages to get to him and request that he makes his claim, he'll tell her to **** off.

I think Theon will play a role in the downfall of the Boltons (and die in the process) which will ultimately serve to the re-rising of the Starks. It'll be payback to what he did to the house that took him in (albeit as a prisoner) and raised him.

Yeah I think he's had with his own kind. We know Asha has gone out to find him so he can make his claim on the seastone chair, but IMO, if she manages to get to him and request that he makes his claim, he'll tell her to **** off.

is that from a spoiler chapter? DAMN YOU.

you know, you are supposed to use the spoiler tags thing...

:(

someone edited the title... too late, though

is that from a spoiler chapter? DAMN YOU.

you know, you are supposed to use the spoiler tags thing...

:(

Oh is it? I can't remember, do we learn that Asha leaves the Iron Isles to find Theon in AFFC or is it in an ADWD spoiler chapter? Because it's the same character (Asha) in two books that take place concurrently, I get them mixed up.

Well, Theon's got a lot of explaining to do if he wants to get on the good sides of the remaining Starks and their allies. But, when it comes to killing Boltons, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to put aside their differences for a little while. After all, the Boltons did kill the one Stark that Theon was fond of.

I think we're going to see a very different Theon than the one we knew in GoT & CoK. I don't think he'll be anywhere near as arrogant and I doubt he'll be smiling as much. His cheekbone was broken, and from all reports it would seem the Boltons have been flaying him (could have been anybody's skin, I realize). He will have been traumatized.

And there's the question of what we will see from his perspective. If he's chained to a wall it wouldn't be interesting. Which makes me wonder if the Boltons are using him to do something and how they are planning on ridding the North of the ironborn.

I also wonder if Theon is back because he'll be at the Dreadfort if Ramsay's bride arrives from the South. I think Jeyne Poole aka Arya may play into it somehow. Theon would probably recognize that she is not actually Arya. (Though I think that would be a bigger deal if Jon somehow found out.)

Theon's claim will certainly come into it, though I think if he has a chance at freedom he'll take it, but it'll go wrong. And Mel will burn him.

I think we're going to see a very different Theon than the one we knew in GoT & CoK. I don't think he'll be anywhere near as arrogant and I doubt he'll be smiling as much. His cheekbone was broken, and from all reports it would seem the Boltons have been flaying him (could have been anybody's skin, I realize). He will have been traumatized.

And there's the question of what we will see from his perspective. If he's chained to a wall it wouldn't be interesting. Which makes me wonder if the Boltons are using him to do something and how they are planning on ridding the North of the ironborn.

I also wonder if Theon is back because he'll be at the Dreadfort if Ramsay's bride arrives from the South. I think Jeyne Poole aka Arya may play into it somehow. Theon would probably recognize that she is not actually Arya. (Though I think that would be a bigger deal if Jon somehow found out.)

Theon's claim will certainly come into it, though I think if he has a chance at freedom he'll take it, but it'll go wrong. And Mel will burn him.

I definately agree. I'm really curious to see what happens with the whole "Arya" & Ramsay Snow thing. There are really only a few people still alive who could definitively say "That's not her". Bran is gone beyond the wall & she doesn't count, the real Arya is in Braavos. Jon could recognize the fake, and Theon, and Sansa from the Vale. But aside from those three, there's really nobody else. Harwin, from Beric Dondarrion's band, but he wouldn't be believed/listened to.

That's a story arc that I'm really interested to find out where it goes.

I'm really curious to see what happens with the whole "Arya" & Ramsay Snow thing. There are really only a few people still alive who could definitively say "That's not her". Bran is gone beyond the wall & she doesn't count, the real Arya is in Braavos. Jon could recognize the fake, and Theon, and Sansa from the Vale. But aside from those three, there's really nobody else. Harwin, from Beric Dondarrion's band, but he wouldn't be believed/listened to.

That's a story arc that I'm really interested to find out where it goes.

GRRM has said some of the commoners from Winterfell might still be alive. All of them would be able to tell. Who knows how long they'll live once Jeyne comes north though?

GRRM has said some of the commoners from Winterfell might still be alive. All of them would be able to tell. Who knows how long they'll live once Jeyne comes north though?

Is it confirmed that it's actually Jeyne Poole masquerading as Arya? Or is that just a theory.

Wow the whole fake Arya thing !!!!!

Holy pogostick i kinda forgot about that.....man i cant wait to read ADWD.

Theres that really slim chance(very slim chance) that Theon and Ramsay become best buds and do things together, now back to reality Theon doesnt seem much of a high valued hostage ( yea he is a Greyjoy) and i dont see the reasoning of keeping him alive, why not just kill him? Did Roose think that he can use Theon like the Freys did to Edmure? or is it something more and use Theon to be a puppet leader for the ironborn once the Boltons win? Those are the only 2 options i see that makes sense.

Wow the whole fake Arya thing !!!!!

Holy pogostick i kinda forgot about that.....man i cant wait to read ADWD.

Theres that really slim chance(very slim chance) that Theon and Ramsay become best buds and do things together, now back to reality Theon doesnt seem much of a high valued hostage ( yea he is a Greyjoy) and i dont see the reasoning of keeping him alive, why not just kill him? Did Roose think that he can use Theon like the Freys did to Edmure? or is it something more and use Theon to be a puppet leader for the ironborn once the Boltons win? Those are the only 2 options i see that makes sense.

Unless Ramsey just wants to exert his power over the remaining bolton men in the north by showing them he can take a highborn prisoner and doing what he wants to him. This will confirm in their eyes how important he is and they will follow him more if they believe he is strong...

That's right, there are a number of Winterfell's small folk at the Dreadfort and they would recognize Arya or Jeyne Poole quickly enough. So maybe we don't need Theon's POV to ID the false Arya (or do we ?) Hmmm, I wonder if Jon will find out about it somehow...

Maybe Theon will try to take the Black somehow (seeking mercy from the knife?). Maybe when news reaches the Dreadfort that Euron and Victarion are off in the Reach, the Botlons will bring Theon out and try to force his claim; then Theon will escape them.

The Iron Isles are pretty poorly defended for a good part of aFfC, and Theon is a pawn for anyone who might want to exert influence or claim power there. That could be Asha or Aeron Greyjoy, the Boltons, or even Stannis, to name a few.

I doubt Theon will be a popular guy with anyone, especially Jon and the folks from Winterfell, but there are reasons to keep him alive and to use him. And there's got to be a reason for GRRM wanting his POV back. He's going to get caught up in something that needs to be "on stage" and that no other POV could be present for.

I think Melisandre may end up using Theon for his king's blood and try to wake her dragon with it. This could be when all hell breaks loose in the North. The act will remove the protection from the Wall that keeps the Others and wights from passing into the South and the dragon she makes will melt or fight for the Other side or something like that.

Yeah, I don't see things going well for Theon, no matter what plot he gets tangled up in.

as to whether or not theon gets flayed, yes i believe so because:

SPOILER: ADwD

Asha receives a letter from Ramsay which contains "a piece of the prince"

and quite frankly i cannot imagine why Ramsay would wnat to be friends with Theon.and hence i don't think the above mentioned

is red herring. But there is a good chance that Boltons may have flayed only a small portion of him, provided he behaves

himself ;) !!

Yeah, I don't see things going well for Theon, no matter what plot he gets tangled up in.

:agree:

Archived