Westeros Total War: Lite

Inactive User

You have my support also. I`ve been watching this mod for a long time, and it would be a shame it isn`t finished after all. Iwould like to help you but I`m not experienced in modding so I can only write something and look for some usefull information on the net. I have a lot of maps on my computer and I`ll post them if you want them.

write faction descriptions for the various factions.

________________________________________________________________________________

__

House Tyrell, House Paramount of the Reach, is one of the youngest Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, whose rule dates only 300 years in past, in contrast to some older houses like Starks or Arryns who rule their lands for several thousands years by now. They became Lord Paramounts when King Mern IX Gardener of the Reach died in the Field of Fire, killed by one of the Targaryen dragons. After that they surrenderd Highgarden, seat of Gardeners, to the Aegon the Conqueror, and for that service they were created lords paramount in the Reach and Wardens of the South.

The Tyrells trace a line of descent, through the female line, to the legendary Garth Greenhand, the first King of the Reach in the Age of Heroes. Their rise to power began when they became the stewards to the House Gardener, the ancient ruling line of Kings of the Reach, who periodically intermarried with lower ranking houses of the Reach such as Tyrell or Florent. Some houses, like Florents, dispute their rights to rule Reach, and they are often aknowledged as the least noble Great House, as they earned their status by surrendering, and not by fighting.

Despite all of this, today the Tyrells rule vast lands of the Reach from their seat at Highgarden, a castle near the Manderly river. They are also one of the richest houses in Westeros, mostly because of fertile land in the Reach and trade revenue from Arbor and Oldtown. In military terms, the Tyrells are immensely powerfull, with ability to raise the most numerous field armies in all Westeros and equip them with fine weapons and armor, provided by their rich treasury. They also have respectable naval strenght, with Redwine (vassal of Tyrells) fleet being the third largest in Seven Kingdoms.

During the War of the Usurper the Tyrells supported Targaryens, and their armies were the biggest contributor to the loyalist forces. They haven`t had much success in the war, with tied battle at Ashford and ever lasting siege of Storm End. Following Rhaegars defeat at Trident lord Mace Tyrell surrendered his forces to lord Eddard Stark. After the war the Tyrells kept all their lands and influence.

Now, the Tyrells have all paths open to them. With their military might they are the wanted ally for everyone, but should they follow a path of their own? Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South, Defender of the Marches, and High Marshal of the Reach could add yet another title to his name: King of Seven Kingdoms. But, they also have to be carefull - the Reach has no natural barriers to assist in defending, so the knights of the Reach are the first and the last line of defense. Together with the fact that the Reach is surrounded with potential enemies, especially their rivals of old, the Martells, the Tyrells have to be carefull not to became overstreched.

________________________________________________________________________________

__

Hers`s description for the Tyrells. Someone should check it because I`m not a native english speaker (I`m from Croatia), so it probably has a lot of mistakes. Change anything you want. Also, I don`t know if the size is good, because I`ve never played Medieval 2 so I don`t know how long should it be.

So what do you think?

Well, it's unnecessarily long and has a few spelling mistakes and quite a few grammatical errors. If you want, I can try to edit it for you?

The summary for House Arryn is done.

House Arryn is the oldest and purest of all the Andal Houses, and it’s members are well remembered for their daring, honor and gallantry. Founded by Ser Artys Arryn, the "Winged Knight", the Arryns have ruled the Vale of Arryn from the time of the Andal conquest. Despite the rugged nature of their territory, the Vale is among the greatest bastions of chivalry in Westeros and has been conquered only twice in fully 8000 years. The seat of House Arryn is the Eyrie, an utterly impregnable castle from which 20 men could hold off 2000 with great ease.

The last leader of the Vale, Jon Arryn, was among the most important figures in contemporary Westeros. He was the foster father of both Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark, and himself brokered the alliance with House Tully during Robert's rebellion. It was his sheltering of the children under his care and rising up against Aerys II that truly lead to Robert's Rebellion, and the rebellion would surely have failed if not for his strong hand and guidance. After the defeat of House Targaryen, Jon Arryn was made Hand of the King.

Lately, however, the fortunes of House Arryn have seemed to fall. Their great, noble lord dead by assassination and their position in the court of the king ruined, the lords of the Vale find themselves led by Jon Arryn's weakling son and his unbalanced widow. Despite the rumbling of war from all across the realm, the forces of the Vale have remained unchanged and unchallenged. As rumbles of discontent spread across the realm of the Arryns, a cry goes out for a new leader, one who can lead their land to greatness. There is only one certainty in the Vale of Arryn: nothing will remain as it is.

Protected by natural defenses unparalleled in all of Westeros and possessing some of the greatest fortresses in the world, House Arryn is a great force waiting to strike a blow in the war sweeping the Seven Kingdoms. Unfortunately, the current rulers seem interested only in hiding and letting the world pass them by. If the lords of the Vale are to have any hope of making their mark on Westeros a new lord is needed, to lead House Arryn to greatness once more.

House Tyrell, House Paramount of the Reach, is one of the youngest Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms. Their rule has lasted only 300 years, in contrast to some older houses like the Starks or Arryns who have held their lands for thousands. They earned the title of Lord Paramount when King Mern IX Gardener of the Reach died in the Field of Fire, along with his great army. After the death of their king, the Tyrell castellan surrendered Highgarden, seat of Gardeners, to Aegon the Conqueror and was rewarded with the lordship of the Reach. Although they do trace their lineage back to Garth Greenhand, first king of the Reach, some of their bannermen dispute their claim to power. Chief among these detractors are the forces of House Florent.

From Highgarden, the seat of their power, the Tyrells rule over one of the richest, most powerful lands in Westeros. Controlling two of the greatest ports in Westeros and being famed for the quality of their produce and wine, the Lords of the Reach have a great economy for use in times of war. In military terms the Tyrells are immensely powerful, with ability to raise the greatest armies in all Westeros and equip them with fine weapons and armor. They also have respectable naval strength, with their fleet being third largest of all the seven kingdoms.

During the War of the Usurper the Tyrells supported the Targaryens, and their armies were the largest contributor to the loyalist forces. Despite this, the forces of the Reach had little success, with few victories to their name and none of those a result of their lord, Mace Tyrell. Following Rhaegar's defeat at the Trident lord Mace Tyrell surrendered his forces to lord Eddard Stark. The Tyrells were allowed to retain their lands and no punishment was forced on them after the war, but some resentment still lingers at the embarrassment of their defeat.

Now, the Tyrells have many paths open to them. Although for the moment they have thrown their support behind Renly Baratheon, youngest brother of the king, there may come a time when the lords of the Reach will set out on their own. Their land has few natural defenses for their armies to take andvantage of and is ringed by enemies on all sides. The Tyrells will have to rely both on their military might and their political cunning to avoid being one of the casualties of this latest war.

There, I've edited it down and removed/condensed the unnecessary bits. The problem with this faction is that it doesn't actually exist at the start of the game. In fact, I see this as more of a "When king Renly dies, the Tyrells are created and get territories and armies X,Y,Z etc, while King Stannis' faction gets A,B,C,D." The problem is that this would be remarkably hard to do.

There, I've edited it down and removed/condensed the unnecessary bits. The problem with this faction is that it doesn't actually exist at the start of the game. In fact, I see this as more of a "When king Renly dies, the Tyrells are created and get territories and armies X,Y,Z etc, while King Stannis' faction gets A,B,C,D." The problem is that this would be remarkably hard to do.

Thanks, it`s better now. You also have one misteke - "After the death of their king, the Tyrell castellen surrenderd Highgarden, seat of Gardeners, to the Aegon the Conqueror, were rewarded with the lordship of the Reach." Shouldn´t it say they were rewarded or something like that.

Nice write-up. After proofreading a bit I found the following errors:

[...] older houses like Starks or Arryns => the Starks or the Arryns

[...] the Tyrell castellen surrenderd Highgarden, seat of Gardeners, to the Aegon the Conqueror => castellan; surrendered; to Aegon the Conqueror

[...] lineage back to Garth Greenhands => Greenhand

[...] Despitte this, => Despite

[...] Rhaegar's defeat at Trident lord Mace => the Trident [?]

[...] the embarrasment of their defeat. => embarrassment

[...] Andal Houses, and it’s members => its members

[...] Andal conquest.. Despite the => Andal conquest. Despite the

Nice write-up. After proofreading a bit I found the following errors:

[...] older houses like Starks or Arryns => the Starks or the Arryns

[...] the Tyrell castellen surrenderd Highgarden, seat of Gardeners, to the Aegon the Conqueror => castellan; surrendered; to Aegon the Conqueror

[...] lineage back to Garth Greenhands => Greenhand

[...] Despitte this, => Despite

[...] Rhaegar's defeat at Trident lord Mace => the Trident [?]

[...] the embarrasment of their defeat. => embarrassment

[...] Andal Houses, and it’s members => its members

[...] Andal conquest.. Despite the => Andal conquest. Despite the

I've fixed all of your catches for the Tyrell summary excepting the second, as using semicolons in such a way is tantamount to maiming the english language (IMHO).

Haha, yeah, you shouldn't write those semicolons! :-) It would make the text look like garbage. I used the semicolons because I didn't find it necessary to write the complete sentence but only the changed words.

Here's what I've got for the summary of House Stark. Fix it as you need.

House Stark is one of the oldest Houses in all of the Seven Kingdoms, tracing their descent back 8,000 years to Brandon The Builder who, as a child, advised on the construction of Storm's End and, as an adult, built Winterfell and the Wall itself. The blood of House Stark is that of the Kings of the North, the First Men who ruled north of Moat Cailin for milennia. No invading southron army has ever breached that ancient fortress though The King who Knelt, Torrhen Stark, bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror to whose dragons walls and towers meant nothing. The Starks were made Wardens of the North, and Paramount of all territory north of Moat Cailin up to the New Gift.

Lord Eddard Stark, became the lord in Winterfell when his father and brother Brandon were murdered by Aerys II Targaryen. The King called for Eddard to be brought to die, but Jon Arryn of the Vale instead called his banners, along with Eddard's childhood friend Robert Baratheon, and Robert's Rebllion began. Eddard Stark was made the Hand of the King shortly before Robert's death, and was then murdered by King Joffery for attempting to expose the truth of Robert's sucession.

The Starks have many paths open to them now, with the almost impregnable stronghold of Moat Cailin protecting the North, a strong Lord Stark could call his banners and once again declare himself King, and do no fealty to the Iron Throne. The Starks could be the greatest House in Westeros if they had the cunning and leadership to rise that high.

Here's what I've got for the summary of House Stark. Fix it as you need.

You do realize I already did House Stark, right? Maybe look around and see what's already been done before doing it again.

Is this mod going anywhere or is it pretty much stalled?

You do realize I already did House Stark, right? Maybe look around and see what's already been done before doing it again.

Is this mod going anywhere or is it pretty much stalled?

Oh man I tootally missed that. I feel stupid now :(

I fear this mod is dead, which sucks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a Westeros: Total War mod. So far three faction descriptions have been done by Daedalus and the other people here (that is to say: Stark, Tyrell and Arryn). I will be needing more of these for:

-House Lannister

-House Greyjoy

-House Tully

-House Martell

-King Renly

-King Joffrey

-King Stannis

So Daedalus or anyone else who wants to help, you can start writing whenever you want. :)

Here is a screenshot of my a bit of my work:

http://users.skynet.be/sky73172/westerosWIP5.jpg

Archived