Westeros Total War: Lite

Inactive User

Amazing ;). That would allow to create traits for minor families too, as adopted sons would carry main family traits (Stark, Baratheon etc), those generals could have their own family traits as they are no more a threat to the sucession line.

Is a trait forced to give a penalty/bonus? If so, that would be like the RPGd20 game.

pic1

This also an example of traits you can use, for book characters.

pic2

And this is an example of the trait i mentioned before. Change the "Hellene" trait with "Stark"

Now notice that in the end of the trait description it says: "This man's ethnicity has an effect on the acquisition of certain traits"

Change "ethnicity" with "family" or "House"

So a man with the Stark trait will be more likely to be honorable, loyal, skilled commander of northern troops perhaps (+1 morale for northern units) etc etc, not excluding the possibility he falls far from he tree.

Is a trait forced to give a penalty/bonus? If so, that would be like the RPGd20 game.

Haven't tested it but I don't think it is a reason for concern. If you want to assign a trait but no effect and you MUST assign an effect then you could just give +1 fertility and -1 fertility in one trait. The effects would nullify each other.

Surnames will stay in the mod. We do not have that many first names and they would run out. I think each character must have an unique name or ... don't know what would happen. I've never run out of names but we will if surnames are deleted.

Besides, the adopted sons would join the family and give their (random) surnames to the family line. I would not like to see that happen.

pic1

This also an example of traits you can use, for book characters.

That's one of the best suggestions I've seen. Very good find, VorianGR. ;) It's so simple and easy to do. *puts it on its to-do list*

And this is an example of the trait i mentioned before. Change the "Hellene" trait with "Stark"

Now notice that in the end of the trait description it says: "This man's ethnicity has an effect on the acquisition of certain traits"

Change "ethnicity" with "family" or "House"

So a man with the Stark trait will be more likely to be honorable, loyal, skilled commander of northern troops perhaps (+1 morale for northern units) etc etc, not excluding the possibility he falls far from he tree.

I see where you're going at. This is already advanced trigger scripting... could be interesting but I have to learn more about VnV triggers before I can do this. It's worth considering for a later release but I don't think I can manage to put it in the first release which I do not wish to stall.

I see where you're going at. This is already advanced trigger scripting... could be interesting but I have to learn more about VnV triggers before I can do this. It's worth considering for a later release but I don't think I can manage to put it in the first release which I do not wish to stall.

Are you doing this alone? I have to congratulate you if you do.

You should go here ask for help. This site is full of experienced and really talented modders. You might find help or at least useful advice on scripting. And perhaps there is some ASOIAF fan among the guys whom you can recruit.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Are you doing this alone? I have to congratulate you if you do.

You should go here ask for help. This site is full of experienced and really talented modders. You might find help or at least useful advice on scripting. And perhaps there is some ASOIAF fan among the guys whom you can recruit.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

So far I've been working alone but recently a skinner joined the team and TheKingSlayer has been helping me with the faction and unit descriptions. Drachen will probably join as well.

Oh, I know the ORG. I have an account there and also one at TWC where this mod is also discussed.

I do not aim to keep working on the mod until it is fully polished in the sense of Europa Barbarorum because it would take years to

complete a release. I want to release a first version in 2008 and preferably before the winter. Later on, updates with more complicated scripts can still be an option.

• 2 weeks later...
lannister family tree mixed up. sir kevan and twin are mixed up i believe :-)

No, why do you think that? :) Perhaps the fact that Tywin (on the left) does not have any children in his tree? Kevan has 4 kids (Willem, Martyn, Lancel and Janei) and on the far right you have Tyrek and his dead dad.

Oh, I want to point out that the Lannisters got two extra generals: Stafford Lannister and Addam Marbrand (on top of Jaime and Gregor). It's possible that Tytos Brax will be in as well (not because he's very important but because Hornvale has been added).

No, why do you think that? :) Perhaps the fact that Tywin (on the left) does not have any children in his tree? Kevan has 4 kids (Willem, Martyn, Lancel and Janei) and on the far right you have Tyrek and his dead dad.

Oh, I want to point out that the Lannisters got two extra generals: Stafford Lannister and Addam Marbrand (on top of Jaime and Gregor). It's possible that Tytos Brax will be in as well (not because he's very important but because Hornvale has been added).

Roughly how many generals will each house start with? I know it will differ for each one. And why does Tywin have no children? I thought Jaime was one of the Lannister generals?

Oh yeah how is Dorne comming as far as units go? I know that was going to be hard to get a good roster going for them.

Roughly how many generals will each house start with? I know it will differ for each one.

I think the average is 5 generals per faction. Tyrell is the most gluttonous with 11 generals while Stannis is the least popular with 2 generals (him and Alester Florent). 6 for Greyjoy, 8 for Martell, 10 for Lannister, 6-7 for Stark (Robett Glover or a Manderly might join the fray), 5-6 for Arryn, 4 for Joff and 2+ for Renly.

And why does Tywin have no children? I thought Jaime was one of the Lannister generals?

Jaime is certainly a general for House Lannister, rest assured. But he's not in the family tree because he would screw up the succession. Jaime does not want Casterly Rock, simply not interested. Besides, he's a Kingsguard so he cannot marry.

Now, if you play as Lannister you could force him into your family tree by marrying him to Janei Lannister, Kevan's daughter. It's possible in the game... but hey, we know Jaime does not shun incest.

Oh yeah how is Dorne comming as far as units go? I know that was going to be hard to get a good roster going for them.

Dorne is still somewhat in the refrigerator. I will sleep better once they are done because they are a major player in Westeros and very hard to make.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy howdy. I hope everything is still going well with the modding because I can't wait to play in Westeros. :)

Just a couple of questions. What will be the armor upgrade status for the units?

And what mercenary units will be included? And will it vary by region like in Vanilla?

Hi, sorry for not answering for some time. Things were a bit hectic IRL. Well, I can't answer to your questions Jak because they have not been tackled yet. Currently no restrictions are set on armour upgrades but I guess it would make sense to disable the highest tier (gothic or advanced plate?).

Some other news: we have two new team member: stormbringer951 and aeoleron9. It's possible that another skinner will join as well. Our other skinner, LordSnow, is finishing the Joffrey faction but after that he won't have much time for skinning due to real life circumstances.

Yesterday I discovered a bug in our latest build which makes the game crash. It does not always happen but still... it's a serious problem. I guess I made a slip-up somewhere in the coding and to make matters worse the error log does not show why the game crashed. Hmm... :angry:

Hi, I was "helping" with the first mod attempt a while back and just came back to this forum yesterday. I noticed in either this thread or another that you needed help with character ages. In the original mod attempt, I made a list of possible generals for each faction with approximate ages. Go here for the list. I'm not suggesting you use these generals, as you seem to have already decided on who you want to use. You should be able to use the ages. Good luck!

Hi, sorry for not answering for some time. Things were a bit hectic IRL. Well, I can't answer to your questions Jak because they have not been tackled yet. Currently no restrictions are set on armour upgrades but I guess it would make sense to disable the highest tier (gothic or advanced plate?).

I think Gothic was the most advanced. It was the armor for the gothic knights, and the late armor for the generals bodyguards.

Advanced plate looked fine.

I think I got everything straight.

Sorry about the crash. :(

I read on the TWC forums about an Italian guy whos also making an ASOIAF mod, except on a larger scale. He was musing about contacting Gampie so that they could work together. Is that happening?

I read on the TWC forums about an Italian guy whos also making an ASOIAF mod, except on a larger scale. He was musing about contacting Gampie so that they could work together. Is that happening?

Only God (Gampie) knows.

He contacted me about it. The only thing he wanted was to borrow the Stark and Tully skins of our mod because he cannot make skins.

Working together is not feasible since it's impossible to 'merge' mods. The two maps are different, the coordinates are different, the internal faction references are not the same, the settlement names are in Italian or English, etc. It would be an aweful mess to merge the works. Besides, there is nothing from his mod that can be used in Westeros:TW.

@Adequate Jon: Hi, we already have found that list and will use it for reference. Thanks! Oh, about Jaime, why do you think he's 32? I recently reread the scene with Oberyn's arrival in King's Landing. He told Tyrion that he was 14-15 years old when he visited Casterly Rock and Jaime/Cersei were 8-9 years at that time. That makes him approx. 6 years older than Jaime. Oberyn is described in ASOS as a man in his early forties. Thus, if we put him at 41-42 then Jaime is 35-36 in ASOS. That's why I decided to make him 34 (or 35) in the mod.

Jaime's age is based on him being named to the KG at 15. That was at the Tourney at Harrenhal 2 years before Robert's Rebellion. The Rebellion was 15 years before AGOT. So, Jaime is 15+2+15=32.

Also, I'm not certain that Paxtor was with Mace at Bitterbridge in ACOK, but he definitely fought with Mace at the Battle of the Blackwater.

Archived