Westeros Total War: Lite

Inactive User

Isn't Paxter still lord of the Arbor? He was with Mace, IIRC.

Yes, his name is Paxter, I mixed the names... Horas is his son. Ser Horas and Ser Hobber Redwyne were in KL and Paxter had to be on Joff's side, because his sons would die if he wasn't. I think he should be in Joffrey's faction

Yes, his name is Paxter, I mixed the names... Horas is his son. Ser Horas and Ser Hobber Redwyne were in KL and Paxter had to be on Joff's side, because his sons would die if he wasn't. I think he should be in Joffrey's faction

Nah, he should stay with Mace, the two men are friends and even though Cersei had his sons, which stopped him from openly attacking Joffrey I don'tthink he'd have ever fought against the Tyrells.

VorianGR, stop observing me in your palantir. :P

Paxter Redwyne is definitely in the Tyrell faction because he's a part of the family due to his marriage with Mina Tyrell, Mace's sister.

Jaime's age is based on him being named to the KG at 15. That was at the Tourney at Harrenhal 2 years before Robert's Rebellion. The Rebellion was 15 years before AGOT. So, Jaime is 15+2+15=32.

That's very odd. In ASOS Tyrion meets up with Oberyn and thinks: The boy of sixteen was a man past forty now, and his legend had grown a deal darker" (ASOS, 523).

A bit later Oberyn says: "It was when I visited Casterly Rock with my mother, her consort, and my sister Elia. I was, oh, fourteen, fifteen, thereabout, Elia a year older. Your brother and sister were eight or nine, as I recall, and you had just been born." (ASOS, 523)

So, in ASOS Oberyn is about 41-42 years old. If he was 14-15 years at Tyrion's birth that makes the Imp 26-28 years old and Jaime/Cersei 6 years more or less younger than the Viper. That's about ... 35-36 years old. These are ASOS ages though. How many years do you have substract to get AGOT ages? One? Or two?

The way you calculated Jaime's age is reasonable. I think I'll go with that.

Also, I'm not certain that Paxtor was with Mace at Bitterbridge in ACOK, but he definitely fought with Mace at the Battle of the Blackwater.

Mace wasn't at Bitterbridge in ACOK because Renly mentioned his father-in-law remaining in Highgarden with 10,000 men.

So, in ASOS Oberyn is about 41-42 years old. If he was 14-15 years at Tyrion's birth that makes the Imp 26-28 years old and Jaime/Cersei 6 years more or less younger than the Viper. That's about ... 35-36 years old. These are ASOS ages though. How many years do you have substract to get AGOT ages? One? Or two?

The way you calculated Jaime's age is reasonable. I think I'll go with that.

ASOS is about 1.5 to 2 years after AGOT.

If Oberyn=15, Jaime=8, Tyrion=0 when Tyrion born:

Oberyn=39, Jaime=32, Tyrion=24 in AGOT,

Oberyn=40.5 ot 41, Jaime=33.5 to 43, Tyrion=25.5 to 26 in ASOS.

So, the math works pretty well.

Archived