Hotels for Denver Worldcon

Padraig

I booked 5th to 12th because flights are a lot cheaper/more available Tues to Thurs, but now I'm thinking of not flying direct from UK to Denver that'll reduce the problem. I think I might stay in Denver a shorter time (if I can change my hotel booking) once I've got some flight times. I'm still planning to arrive on the 5th but I'd like to leave on the 10th if possible.

I'm thinking I might visit New York and Chicago again - not sure which one to do on the way in and which one on the way back - I need to see when my non-con-attending friends might be around.

We're going to NY after the con. Just thought I'd let you know, so you can meet us/avoid the place like the plague. :P

Hmm, somehow I am getting an error at the moment so I'll increase my chances to get a room by stating that I don't mind sharing with whomever (as long as there are no creepy pm-s involved).

Well that rules me out. Happy hunting. :P

ETA: Peeps, the Crowne Plaza have been having computer problems, so try them again.

I've now just booked my 3rd room of the day. :) This time a quad in the party hotel (less walking the better). For some reason there was no quad option for Sunday night earlier but now one can book right through. I believe 3 of the beds in my room are already taken.

Now back to cancellation...

PS: It just struck me. When they say a "quad" they do mean 4 beds right? Never dawned on me otherwise up to now. But who knows whether its done strangely in the US. :P

PS: It just struck me. When they say a "quad" they do mean 4 beds right? Never dawned on me otherwise up to now. But who knows whether its done strangely in the US. :P

No. As far as I understand it, you get 2 queen beds in a quad in the party hotel. In fact, I think that's how they do it in most hotels...

Ha ha ha. Sounds like something to see.

That was the worst part about it! It was 4 in the bleedin' morning after a hard night on the lash, and the whole horrific event was conducted in the dark, with only the light from under the door to illuminate the proceedings. Malt, Mormont, Mr. X and I were all jolted from our sozzled peaceful slumbers by this unearthly shriek, and we were then treated to a dimly-lit view of drunken Greco-Roman wrestling between Pod, Ser Barry, and TMT on the floor of our 8-person hostel suite. It was the highlight worst thing that happened during my trip to Scotland. ;)

To Weird To Live, To Rare To Die. The only gay wookiee. :smoking:

(I'll see if we can stage a repeat during Denver.)

Has anyone who reserved a room at the Adam's Mark via phone (instead of the online form) got their confirmation email yet? They said they would send one, but I haven't received it, and usually when I make hotel reservations I get the confirmation email within 30 minutes.

That was the worst part about it! It was 4 in the bleedin' morning after a hard night on the lash, and the whole horrific event was conducted in the dark, with only the light from under the door to illuminate the proceedings. Malt, Mormont, Mr. X and I were all jolted from our sozzled peaceful slumbers by this unearthly shriek, and we were then treated to a dimly-lit view of drunken Greco-Roman wrestling between Pod, Ser Barry, and TMT on the floor of our 8-person hostel suite. It was the highlight worst thing that happened during my trip to Scotland. ;)

To Weird To Live, To Rare To Die. The only gay wookiee. :smoking:

(I'll see if we can stage a repeat during Denver.)

* hunts down the gay wookie *

See ? See what happens when Ro isn't there ? We need to come up with coping strategies in case the beast is unleashed, less a royal whim ruin us all ...

... ( ok, I am a bit excited... about Denver, not Pod ... well, ok a little bit about Pod. I am wondering if he will be raised to Godhood and resident deity of the BWB. What else is above King ? I am just not sure what would happen after that ... )

... ( ok, I am a bit excited... about Denver, not Pod ... well, ok a little bit about Pod. I am wondering if he will be raised to Godhood and resident deity of the BWB. What else is above King ? I am just not sure what would happen after that ... )

Emperor?

Then God.

*is excited too*

(er.. also mainly about Denver not Pod :uhoh:)

there's some confusion about the Adam's Mark Hotel reservations, please check out the Denvention site hotel page, the Denvention lj community for some important information: http://community.livejournal.com/denvention3/18120.html

some people at the AMH may have reserved and not gotten the con rate - please double check your reservations and make sure you got the rate you expected and the room type you need. (Note that the hotel tax in Denver used to suck money out of visitors directly into the pockets of their professional sports teams owners for new arenas and stadiums is 15%, I don't know if that is included in the cost of your room rate). The best time to fix these problems is now. Deb suggests that if you wanted a King room but couldn't get one to try for 2 Qs and request an upgrade if possible, it might help get the hotel to 'find' us more rooms with King beds.

I'm having Edinburgh Flashbacks again. This is not good. :leaving:

And in the old days it took 2 cons to get promoted!!! Its too easy these day!

And right...the more I think about, not sure why I thought there could be 4 beds in one room. Its basicly a suite. :P But a single is one bed, a double is 2 beds, a triple is 3 people? Right??? Ok, I'm Irish. :blush:

And right...the more I think about, not sure why I thought there could be 4 beds in one room. Its basicly a suite. :P But a single is one bed, a double is 2 beds, a triple is 3 people? Right??? Ok, I'm Irish. :blush:

Well I'm confused too. I mean, I booked a single and got a king size bed. Which in the UK means a bed big enough for two and a half people (or three skinny ones), which is what you expect when booking a double. So I assumed a double must have some ginormous stretch-limousine-sized bed, rather than two beds. But yeah, I would have thought triples and quads had three and four single beds respectively, because...er... it's a bit more unconventional for a single person to share with a couple, or two couples to share a room. But... um... I'm English. :blush::P

Archived