AGOT MAFIA 47

House Targaryen

Not too fruitful a day one me thinks...

For the record I'll say that I don't really find Norton or Prester suspicious. The first seems pure noob and the second is much too relaxed.

I'm not sure about the symp business either. If Malc finally went for his two FM team idea I'm not sure he'd have space to squeeze in the symps too with only 15 players.

I don't specially care for the bickering or for the embarrassing pre-Valentine's day affection display. So I'll just keep my vote on Sarsfield, go to sleep and hope I have a revelation in my dreams about the identity of the killers.

Well, quite a lot has been said in the last few hours.

Here's what sticking in my gut the most based on what I've read:

The whole back-and-forth between Uller, Prester, and Sarsfield feels a little staged. For one, I think that Uller is responding to every little thing, but isn't saying mcuh. I'd say half of his posts are one-line rebuttals to others. And he seems to be responding evenly to both of them. Something tells me there's a killer and a symp in that mix, but I'm not entriely sure who is who yet.

norcross is a little bandwagon-happy. The whole "let's go to night" thing is long over, but in jumping onto Sarsfield right off, with no analysis of any kind to back it up doesn't sit well with me. And I've heard a LOT of new player defenses of voting for night but not being able to justify a real vote on a person becasue it's day one, and my gut tells me that Norcross is only saying what he thinks we want to hear.

Lastly, I'm concerned about Oakheart. Only one post, and that being a vote and nothing else, bothers me a lot. Whether he's in an evil faction, or he's an RI without the time or inclination to play along, he's hurting the innocents. And he may need to go first.

This is all after a quick glance. My day is still not done. I'll be doing some more reading and thinking, and maybe some more writing as the day goes on. A vote count and time count would not be unappreciated, though.

I do have a question about the roles. If I read it right, the witchhunters are killers in full communication with their FM team. Basically, they can only kill roled players (if they hit a symp or RI nothing happens). FM and Witchhunters are the only guaranteed roles in this game (not even RI are guaranteed, but if this were an all roled game, no matter how weak - the Hunters just became insanely powerful, so I think this is an oversight)

Hunters might not seem powerful, but given a night or two and then a reveal - it could get ugly. One FM faction getting off two kills a night or two successive kills - scary.

I don't want to get too deep into role speculation, but I haven't played with this variant before and wanted to make sure I was reading it right. (the Hunter)

edit: and I just now understand the main point of the witchhunter - it's a reverse finder. The kill is just icing.

Heh, I see people have far outstripped my efforts at irrational play. How annoying.

I do have a question about the roles. If I read it right, the witchhunters are killers in full communication with their FM team.
You read it wrong. Witchhunters appear to have no fixed alignment based on:
Killers and witchhunters belonging to same faction, if active, can communicate off-thread at all times.
Also note they don't have the faction they are aligned with after their name, implying they can be on any faction.

Anyhow, I'm gonna go make a case on someone. I don't know who. I'll try to make it to Day 1 standards. It's not like the bar's set all that high since the only other case hanging around is Hasty's one on Prester.

So yeah. I said I'd make a case on someone. Well, I tried. I couldn't. There's really not much to work with.

However, I do think Sarsfield and Hasty have been playing it a bit too safe. I personally think that the FMs (I'm guessing 2 FMs per team, so 4 total not including any symps) wouldn't risk being too loud since there's a night kill to fear. I worry about Caron and Ambrose as well, but I've got a bigger case of gut rumbling on Sars and Hasty.

Regardless, where the hell is Oakheart?

Ambrose, thank you. This is why I ask these things :)

My gut is rumbling on Caron, but is pretty agreeable on Hasty and Sarsfield.

Honestly, Upcliff is bothering me too. What Jast said about Hasty and Sars playing it safe applies to Upcliff too. He's been in the conversations, but just injecting comments to see where they lead. He hasn't said anything that would rock the boat and is making an effort to be helpful. (OMG - he's *gasp* helpful! String him up NOW!) Just someone I want to watch.

edit: just re-read his last comment and remembered why he pinged me. He's supicious of the easy targets. One of either me, Sars or Uller (high profile, fresh in everyone's minds), Norcross the Newbie, and Oakheart the Invisible

you expect me to do your job for you? got some laundry you need cleaned too?

No. I'm doing my job for me. I expect you to help though. You haven't.

Actually since i said inchfiend, apparently i'm guilty too :(

Seriously though, i take those first posts with a grain of salt. I dont exonerate or execute anyone based on that crap. Now that people are actually discussing, i'm sure somebody will start to get a bit more suspicious.

You don't do anything. It doesn't get serious unless someone makes it serious. So make it serious. Take a chance and say something stupid. Do something.

Well, quite a lot has been said in the last few hours.

Here's what sticking in my gut the most based on what I've read:

The whole back-and-forth between Uller, Prester, and Sarsfield feels a little staged. For one, I think that Uller is responding to every little thing, but isn't saying mcuh. I'd say half of his posts are one-line rebuttals to others. And he seems to be responding evenly to both of them. Something tells me there's a killer and a symp in that mix, but I'm not entriely sure who is who yet.

I'm not saying much? I'm saying Prester is evil. Isn't that exactly what you said? What the fuck more do you want?

So yeah. I said I'd make a case on someone. Well, I tried. I couldn't. There's really not much to work with.

However, I do think Sarsfield and Hasty have been playing it a bit too safe. I personally think that the FMs (I'm guessing 2 FMs per team, so 4 total not including any symps) wouldn't risk being too loud since there's a night kill to fear. I worry about Caron and Ambrose as well, but I've got a bigger case of gut rumbling on Sars and Hasty.

Regardless, where the hell is Oakheart?

Hasty made the most ridiculous (albeit clever if it was true) case of the day on Prester and Jast. That's safe?

I can agree with you on Sarsfield though.

Probably because Elesham hasn't posted. May not realize the game is going on, forgot, whatever - worst case he will be modkilled. Why worry about that when we know Oak knows the game is on, his one and only post is a quick vote. I'm more concerned about that.

You and Jast are really cute together. You even answer posts directed toward him.

So there are two things I don't get about Caron. here is the first, the obsession with Wynch, its just weird

These are all of his posts in the game

By a miracle I am the first. I suggest killing Wynch and I don't know why, it's just a hunch. I might change my opinion later. See ya!

ETA: I like my avatar, these colours suit me. ;)

Hi everyone, I am back. It seems that the game goes on pretty well. I still have my suspicions. Wynch...I think I'll vote Wynch again.

Thank you for your instructions. I still wasn't sure, but one must vote.

Wynch

Wouldn't it be nice, though if we found one evil killer the first day? Without clear evidence or even suspicious posts?

Voting is also fun. I won't remove my vote.

The only person Caron ever talks about is Wynch. Maybe not a real symp clue because its very obvious but is he fake symping him or something? There isn't even a reason it just starts from his first post of the game and I think that was the first post anybody had in the game period

will post the other weird thing in a second

Probably because Elesham hasn't posted. May not realize the game is going on, forgot, whatever - worst case he will be modkilled. Why worry about that when we know Oak knows the game is on, his one and only post is a quick vote. I'm more concerned about that.

what is this "we" stuff, I asked Jast not you. Why are you answering for him?

No. I'm doing my job for me. I expect you to help though. You haven't.

You don't do anything. It doesn't get serious unless someone makes it serious. So make it serious. Take a chance and say something stupid. Do something.

you caught me. I'm uncomfortable with reacting to early rp/joke posts and votes. if i were going to say something stupid, it's that you are quite good at padding your post total with worthless one liners, and the only chance you took was saying Prester is evil, which i think he said himself. Good sluething.

you caught me. I'm uncomfortable with reacting to early rp/joke posts and votes. if i were going to say something stupid, it's that you are quite good at padding your post total with worthless one liners, and the only chance you took was saying Prester is evil, which i think he said himself. Good sluething.

I could care less about my post count. It'll be the highest regardless of whether I post one liners or not. That's just how it is.

I never said I was taking a chance. I wasn't even talking to you. I just wanted you to do nothing other than bitch at me for trying to stir up discussion. You sit there all high and mighty trying to throw out witty quips yet bitch at the same time that nothing is serious. You are waiting for something to happen instead of creating it. That bothers me.

I answered it because ... I don't have a good reason. Honestly, people answer questions for each other all the time. I probably shouldn't have because it highlights the tenuous connection between us and Day 1 is crazy loco, but I did.

No. You shouldn't have answered it because the question elicits a reaction. Now that reaction is gone.

I could care less about my post count. It'll be the highest regardless of whether I post one liners or not. That's just how it is.

I never said I was taking a chance. I wasn't even talking to you. I just wanted you to do nothing other than bitch at me for trying to stir up discussion. You sit there all high and mighty trying to throw out witty quips yet bitch at the same time that nothing is serious. You are waiting for something to happen instead of creating it. That bothers me.

You sure are grumpy, no wonder you live at a place called the hellholt

Archived