AGOT MAFIA 47

House Targaryen

There are really too many people that have not made an impression one way or another. The post counts vary from 0 to 35 with 4-14 being the range barring extremes. There is a long list of people whose lynch I probably wouldn't fight too hard if it came down to it - Ambrose, Caron, Hasty, Lake, Norcross, Oakheart, Sarsfield, Sunglass, ... (note: non-inclusion on this list doesn't mean I like or trust you)

Upcliff is looking like a pretty good lynch to me right now. Even moreso than when I placed my vote. I don't like him shutting up. I know it's no fun to get hammered every time you open your mouth, but it's really the best way to get out of trouble. Sarsfield went a bit quiet and disappeared as well.

Caron is definitely odd in his obsession with our beloved Wynch, and Wynch hasn't done much but bask in his mastery over Norcross.

Uller is picking fights with everyone and no one is calling him suspicious for it. I understand it, because I'm one of those not voting for him. Then I think - why the hell does he get a pass? The argument he used for being suspicious of me was, in part, 'one day a killer will pull crazy shit on day 1 and I think it's you'. So why not him? I may not be currently voting for him, but it doesn't mean I won't.

And I'm not completely sure that Jast isn't my symp. :/ One of the many symp strategies is to chose someone to symp for so that if they track you, they track your 'master'. Not outside the realm of possibility.

Uller is picking fights with everyone and no one is calling him suspicious for it. I understand it, because I'm one of those not voting for him. Then I think - why the hell does he get a pass? The argument he used for being suspicious of me was, in part, 'one day a killer will pull crazy shit on day 1 and I think it's you'. So why not him? I may not be currently voting for him, but it doesn't mean I won't.

Actually I've been wavering on switching my vote over to Uller for some time now. I currently find him more suspicious than Upcliff who I presently have my vote on. Other's I'm considering are Lake and Sunglass - for being middle-of-the-roadish and Norcross whose n00b routine doesn't fully convince me.

At any rate, I'll remove my vote for now.

Uller is picking fights with everyone and no one is calling him suspicious for it. I understand it, because I'm one of those not voting for him. Then I think - why the hell does he get a pass?

He pokes at people, and he actually gets a reaction out of them. That's enough reason for me to keep him around for now regardless of his alignment. Even if he is a killer, there's still another team of killers for him to poke at until they slip up. This being a multi-faction game, I'd rather keep the instigators around.

And I'm not completely sure that Jast isn't my symp. :/ One of the many symp strategies is to chose someone to symp for so that if they track you, they track your 'master'. Not outside the realm of possibility.

Dear Prester,

Stop worrying, you dingbat. I won't be tracked. 1) I turn up innocent, and 2) no CF. You can get your panties out of a wad now.

XOXO.

Your ever-loving symp,

Jast

P.S. I expect those diamond stilettos on my doorstep by the end of the week, else I'm going to sell you and your buddies out to the innocents.

How does that 'ignore' feature work again? Do I just type in the name Uller or is there something more?

Just post and bold the name I think is how it works. :)

I'm really not sure what to make of the Jast/Prester love going on. The best place to hide is out in the open? We are so ridiculous nobody could possibly believe us?

This has been the most confrontational and borderline unproductive day 1. It has been productive, it just doesn't entirely feel that way because everyone seems to be so bitchy.

Coming out of left field a bit, but I'm going to cast my vote for Jast. I don't have much of a case really, but going back and re-reading his posts I thought I caught a whiff of scum for a second. It's not really any post in particular that gives me this impression so much as general behavior - not really at the forefront of things but not on the sidelines either, generally friendly demeanor, gives a few names for suspects but not saying anything so controversial as to provoke the ire of said suspects. You know, the usual things that could indicate a FM, or just a normal player whose not totally insane ;)

Day 1 never seems productive, but sometimes gems are found days later. I've seen better, I've seen worse. Like I said - the biggest problem is that only a handful of people are posting.

And on the Prester/Jast thing - what can I say. I like to have fun and Jast is playing with me. It's actually kind of strange because when you take away the joking, we agree on many things game wise. This is the reason the thought crossed my brain about him 'symping' me.

I don't want to search - who is your vote on Lake?

There was no reason at the time, just a random person who did not have any votes on him at the time. It didn't attract any interest or other votes, so I just never bothered to take it off.

I am definitely getting suspicious of Jast as I am rereading and I am considering the possibility of him as a symp to Uller. I'm not sure I want to lynch Uller today, but I am definitely considering it.

eta- Jesus. I didn't even know about the view member's posts option. I could kill myself right now.

This is likely going to look like bullshit to many of you, but I am going to throw it out there because I have this feeling in my gut. As I was going through it I feel like I am seeing more than is there. I'll let you all judge that.

Clearly, you are a man of many words.

Directed at Uller. Uller responded right after. Contact attempted, and confirmed? Bit of a stretch and I'm not sure that symps still try and contact their masters early on because it is what we all are looking for...however, considering how blatant some of his posts are I feel like there is a possibility for a 'crazy' FM and a symp making it so obvious that he's a symp that nobody will believe it.

Prester is evil. That wasn't hard.

After this vote for Prester, Jast starts to cozy up with Prester. Maybe this is the real symping, maybe it is fake symping, or maybe it is nothing =/.

I actually looked for a code. :blush:

Interaction with Prester here.

Since I did say we all ought to look for suspicious stuff, I guess I can't really criticize you too much. I am mildly offended since you must think I'm the worst symp ever though, but that's neither here nor there. :rolleyes:

How is that the worst symp ever? It looks pretty clever to me ;)

These two together reek to me. Again, I feel like I may be seeing what I want to be seeing and, if so, it is easy because it is very blatant. Again, sometimes the best place to hide is in the open. Nobody expects it.

I agree. I was about to stick a vote on him for his daily dose of pressure, but it seems that you've got me covered. Alas. Jast: always one step behind.

More with prester.

Voting is also fun. I won't remove my vote.

Caron, aren't you being a little jumpy? Lefford pointed out that no one mentioned Caron's vote on Wynch or talking about Wynch, yet you make this random comment. I mean, it doesn't even really connect to the quote above it.

Anyhow, I'm gonna go make a case on someone. I don't know who. I'll try to make it to Day 1 standards. It's not like the bar's set all that high since the only other case hanging around is Hasty's one on Prester.

Defending Prester. It isn't that necessary because he is right, but it is still there.

You and Jast are really cute together. You even answer posts directed toward him.

Noting the connection and symping going on between Jast and Prester.

Yeah, he may respond for me, but he won't buy me my diamond stilettos. I mean, how insensitive can a guy get? I'm thinking I ought to file for a divorce.

More with Prester.

He pokes at people, and he actually gets a reaction out of them. That's enough reason for me to keep him around for now regardless of his alignment. Even if he is a killer, there's still another team of killers for him to poke at until they slip up. This being a multi-faction game, I'd rather keep the instigators around.

Dear Prester,

Stop worrying, you dingbat. I won't be tracked. 1) I turn up innocent, and 2) no CF. You can get your panties out of a wad now.

XOXO.

Your ever-loving symp,

Jast

P.S. I expect those diamond stilettos on my doorstep by the end of the week, else I'm going to sell you and your buddies out to the innocents.

Here a defense of Uller after Uller garners a vote. Then the love letter to Prester.

In the end I am not sure what to think here. Jast does give a good reason to not vote for Uller, on the other hand it does feel like most of Uller's attempts at stirring the pot don't really illicit the same type of helpful reaction as others I have seen. Trying a case on someone or really putting pressure on them, instead of bickering, seems to be more effective when trying to work as that type of an innocent.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Ambrose, Caron, Elesham, Hasty, Inchfield, Jast, Lake, Lefford, Norcross, Oakheart, Prester, Sarsfield, Sunglass, Uller, Upcliff, Wynch.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

night: 1 vote (Ambrose)

Prester: 3 vote (Uller, Oakheart, Hasty)

Upcliff: 2 vote (Prester, Jast)

Sarsfield: 3 vote (Sunglass, Wynch, Norcross)

Norcross: 1 vote (Jast)

Lefford: 1 vote (Lake)

Wynch: 1 vote (Caron)

Caron : 1 vote (Lefford)

Uller: 1 vote (Upcliff)

Jast: 1 vote (Sarsfield)

2 players have not voted: Elesham, Inchfield.

Yes - it is a stretch. Can't really support it as is. The only thing that seems like it could be true is Jast defending Uller after getting a vote, but problem is - I agree with Jast's reasoning.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like Upcliff folding when a bit of pressure was put on him by Uller. Mind you, 'a bit of pressure' from Uller sems like a ton of bricks on your head, but still. Why run away? Uller had pryed apart Upcliff's statements and instead of saying I misremembered, or something along those lines, he let Uller call him a liar. That's not the time to cut and run.

Yes - it is a stretch. Can't really support it as is. The only thing that seems like it could be true is Jast defending Uller after getting a vote, but problem is - I agree with Jast's reasoning.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like Upcliff folding when a bit of pressure was put on him by Uller. Mind you, 'a bit of pressure' from Uller sems like a ton of bricks on your head, but still. Why run away? Uller had pryed apart Upcliff's statements and instead of saying I misremembered, or something along those lines, he let Uller call him a liar. That's not the time to cut and run.

Ok. Yep, I misremembered. Came from too much skimming and not enough reading.

I did not immediately retract it for a couple reasons. First, more often than not, when somoene gaffes like that, then tries to retract, it makes them look more guilty, trying to cover your mistake, like. Second, I was busy doing other things for a while, and I wanted to do some reading and thinking before I opened my mouth again. I'm still busy, and I'm still reading.

Third, and most importantly, I was getting "attacked" (probably the wrong word, but who cares) from both you, Prester and Uller. And it seemed a bit odd that after sparring all day (and I admit that Uller sparred with more than just you) the two of you coincidentally zero in on me at the same time. So I wanted to shut up and play the wounded gazelle for a while and see who bit. Jast did, and I'm looking into that.

For the moment, I'm removing my vote. I want to make sure the oddities that drew me to vote for Uller were really there before going any farther.

And yes, the targets I'm looking at may be soft targets, but just becasue they're soft targets doesn't mean that they are not legit ones, either.

I'd agree that Jast jumping onto you after Uller and I pressed is a bit opportunistic. Doesn't help that he went for the case I presented and thus looks more sympish, making me look more guilty (if you buy into the hiding in plain sight thing).

Your explanation seems perfectly reasonable Upcliff, however it is removed from the incident and that lessens it's impact. An FM could easily plead time constraints at the moment, then come back with a finely crafted response.

Archived