Galway Eurocommie Meet 25-27 April!

Werthead

Why am I still a maybe? :tantrum:

You just don't want to see me, right? :cry:

Would it do any good to say so? :P

Oh, all right then. Fixed. ;)

I am now a definite! I even get to see Paris on the way (airports count).. :cheers:

Hooray! :)

Why am I still a maybe? :tantrum:

I thought that a special visa was needed to bring the Zollock into the country and that was still pending? ;)

OK, put us down as definite. Not sure if we'll make it for the fri and sat or just the sat but we will be there.

Excellent! :cheers:

Yes. Eyre Square is Galway's central 'hub' for lack of a better word. All roads in the city lead there and the train and bus stations are right on it. The Sleepzone - the hostel we were recommending - is located just off the north side of it, tucked behind a shopping centre and a 5-min walk from two huge supermarkets if people want to get supplies in.

This does suggest that we need firmer plans for accomodation. I may be able to put one or two people up at mine and I know Jo's got room for a few at hers as well. Of course, for that we need a firmer list of attendees... ;)

This does suggest that we need firmer plans for accomodation. I may be able to put one or two people up at mine and I know Jo's got room for a few at hers as well. Of course, for that we need a firmer list of attendees... ;)

I don't think I've actually replied to the Galway threads before, but I'm intending to be there. Since it is less than 3 months away now, maybe I should stop procrastinating sometime and actually book a flight. An accommodation plan would be good as well - this hostel that was suggested sounds reasonably good.

For flying, I think Luton -> Galway would be most convenient for me. Is anybody else doing that journey? Are most people arriving on the Thursday (the flights do seem a little bit cheaper then) or Friday?

I think Thursday is the day that most of the early-comers are arriving on, so that seems like a good time to come. I've got the whole week off from Thursday to Wednesday, so I'm well-covered ;)

As to accommodations, we ending up booking one of those bed & breakfast packages (with vouchers that you can use to stay at any of the roughly two bazillion b&bs in Ireland ;) ). I'm not sure yet which one we'll be staying at for the Galway portion of the vacation, but we're all set for a room.

BTW, I came across reviews and pictures of the Sleepzone, for those staying there:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...rn_Ireland.html

Hey, Peadar can't remember every numpty who liked his book anymore. :) And you, Niamh, want to add me to the collection of goodkindesque trophies. I promise you the wrath of the evil chicken-that-is-not-a-chicken when we next meet!

Seriously, hope you guys have a great time. Ah, all the Bulmers, the company and the Bulmers-in-company I'll be missing... :cry:

I still want to kidnap Maid Sansa, pack her in our luggage, and bring her to the meet.

And, er, I mean that in the most un-stalkerish, non-creepy way possible. :eek:

Hey at least you didn't want to bring her for meat. Which Peadar might, to see might she taste of chicken even though she's not a chicken.

Archived