AGOT Mafia 46.5

Mexal

He said he felt that he felt you were more Innocent, but provides no reasoning on why he thinks I'm FM. I mean, if you are going to vote forsomeone, provide the reasoning why you think they are FM. That kind of vote I think makes me suspicious of him because he provides no reasoning why he thinks I'm scummy, he provides reasoning why he thinks YOU are innocent. If I were a lynched, and flipped Innocent, he could easily point out later that he just thought you were more Innocent, not necessary that he thought I was FM. I find that to be suspicious in its self.

He doesn't need to feel you are guilty to vote you off with a few hours left until night. All he has to feel is that it's better to vote SOMEONE off for the CF result than it is to go to night lynchless.

When there's still time for everyone to respond, you make cases. When it's a matter of "we're running out of time, which of these two goes" it can be as simple as flipping a coin.

If two players I didn't feel one way or another about were tied at the top of the vote list and i knew i wouldn't be back on before the deadline, i'd vote on which ever i felt more suspicious towards, even if that was based on the other seeming innocent.

edit: Wow. And i guess that mod post shows just how little time was really left.

He doesn't need to feel you are guilty to vote you off with a few hours left until night. All he has to feel is that it's better to vote SOMEONE off for the CF result than it is to go to night lynchless.

When there's still time for everyone to respond, you make cases. When it's a matter of "we're running out of time, which of these two goes" it can be as simple as flipping a coin.

If two players I didn't feel one way or another about were tied at the top of the vote list and i knew i wouldn't be back on before the deadline, i'd vote on which ever i felt more suspicious towards, even if that was based on the other seeming innocent.

I think both of us are seeing different part of this argument. I'm saying that if you are going to vote someone provide reasoning.

And I don't get why the deadline just got moved up. Considering that I tried to make myself avaliable for the deadlien time, and rearragned my schedule to do it, having the forums down time should be part of the deadline, but hey, I may be biased cause it's less time for me to defend myself.

And I don't get why the deadline just got moved up. Considering that I tried to make myself avaliable for the deadlien time, and rearragned my schedule to do it, having the forums down time should be part of the deadline, but hey, I may be biased cause it's less time for me to defend myself.

You know what, you're entirely right and fuck anyone who disagrees (I'm sorry for the hostility but it's a really annoying problem to deal with and I got people on all sides of the fence). I can't please everyone.

As a result, I will add 2 hours to the deadline time to account for the inconvenience. That is half the board downtime from the deadline til it went up.

So once again, here we go and if anyone has a problem with it, bitch to me personally or bitch to me after the game.

Day 1 deadline is 8:30pm EST. This is Final!

I think both of us are seeing different part of this argument. I'm saying that if you are going to vote someone provide reasoning.

This is my quick check in before work. I will not be back in before the day is up. Since the only viable choices are Prester and Ambrose, I will have to lay my vote on Ambrose, as I think Prester is getting lynched for being a poor player rather than a FM.

So, it's late in the day. He won't be back. It's better to lynch than not lynch. Following so far?

Now, he lists us as the only viable options, or in other words, the only people likely to attract enough votes this late in the day to be lynched.

So, he has three choices. Me, You or Lynchless night.

Lynchless on day 1 is clearly a bad idea, and has been discusses to death here and elsewhere, so we have two viable choices.

He now says he doesn't like the case on me. Therefore, he wants to vote for me less than he wants to vote for you. As he has to vote, he votes for you.

Why would he need a case or reasons? His reason is he wants a lynch, and out of those available, he's happier lynching you than me.

Hasty, I still don't understand why, if you suspected Upcliff more, you were tempted to vote for Prester over upcliff at the time. Your answer skirted the issue by saying you no longer wanted to vote for Prester. Although you confirmed to me that you were planning on lynching them both, which I see as a set up, but you backed off that plan a bit.

I don't actually want to vote out Prester anymore. The more he opens his mouth, the more convinced I am that he has no idea what he's talking about, rather than actually being evil. Someone hiding symp/FM/vig clues in a post? Who hides killer clues? shocked.gif

The original logic was that I felt like one of Prester/Upcliff was likely guilty. Now I'm leaning toward "Upcliff is picking on Prester" and that it's all been blown out of proportion. Yes, originally I was leaning toward, or at least musinig on, wanting to lynch one of them and then the other, but that plan rarely works.

In any case, I feel like Prester's digging his own grave here, but Upcliff's handed him the shovel. I don't know if he's innocent, but I'm leaning toward yes. worried.gif

Is there anything you can add to this to help me understand?

I'm also not sure I like your latest post.

Thank you Caron. I was planning to write this up, because I noticed the same thing and it was part of my motivation for leaving my vote on Lefford all day--I just didn't get how he could go from "Norcross made a slip about Prester" to "Oh wait, Norcross made a slip about Hasty" to "I'll vote Prester even though I made a mistake in the logic." He's now backing up his suspicion with...um....the usual stuff about Prester's inconsistencies, but it doesn't help the fact that the original argument that led him to voting Prester makes no sense.

Parroting Caron here since it supports your case on Lefford, and then waffling around on this whole Ambrose/Prester/Lefford/Upcliff thing is frustrating. You wrote a lot, but didn't come to any conclusion.

I'm going to leave my vote on Lefford still. worried.gif But now that I've written this whole damn thing, as sheeplike as it would make me seem, I'm almost convinced that Ambrose might be a good choice too as a potential partner to Lefford OR Upcliff.

It might just be your style grating on my nerves, but the way you kick around ideas in public and try to leave doors open for future lynches (almost always of people who are already catching heat) is suspect in my book.

So, it's late in the day. He won't be back. It's better to lynch than not lynch. Following so far?

Now, he lists us as the only viable options, or in other words, the only people likely to attract enough votes this late in the day to be lynched.

So, he has three choices. Me, You or Lynchless night.

Lynchless on day 1 is clearly a bad idea, and has been discusses to death here and elsewhere, so we have two viable choices.

He now says he doesn't like the case on me. Therefore, he wants to vote for me less than he wants to vote for you. As he has to vote, he votes for you.

Why would he need a case or reasons? His reason is he wants a lynch, and out of those available, he's happier lynching you than me.

I'm saying that regardless of whether or not he's voting for you or me, provide reasoning! Why does he think I'm FM? Is that so hard to understand? I mean, all he does is put a vote down and not put down his suspicions that can be linked back later. He can then weasel his way out of it when I get lynched and CF as a innocent?

Are you getting that part of the argument? I don't know how to explain it better.

Woah, i didn't expect that to finally go through ha. Just kept trying it every hour or so. Anyway, if the day just ended, bleh.

If not, we're still going to have a hard time doing anything.

I doubt the day ended, considering that the forums were down almost the entire time since he put in that other deadline.

I'm saying that regardless of whether or not he's voting for you or me, provide reasoning! Why does he think I'm FM? Is that so hard to understand? I mean, all he does is put a vote down and not put down his suspicions that can be linked back later. He can then weasel his way out of it when I get lynched and CF as a innocent?

Are you getting that part of the argument? I don't know how to explain it better.

My point is he doesn't have to think you are FM. All he has to think is that you are more probable than me (as he beleive's i've acted innocently, while he doesn't comment on you, so we can assume neutrally, which is "more guilty" than innocently.

He didn't vote you because he suspected you, he voted you to get a lynch through tonight. Surely you can see that he ahd to vote for one of us to preserve the night 1 lynch? And that if he feels i'm innocent, you get the vote by default?

My point is he doesn't have to think you are FM. All he has to think is that you are more probable than me (as he beleive's i've acted innocently, while he doesn't comment on you, so we can assume neutrally, which is "more guilty" than innocently.

He didn't vote you because he suspected you, he voted you to get a lynch through tonight. Surely you can see that he ahd to vote for one of us to preserve the night 1 lynch? And that if he feels i'm innocent, you get the vote by default?

So a person gets to vote and doesn't have to backup his reasoning just to get a lynch in? Sorry, no offense, but that's retarded. Regardless of whether or not he didn't want a lynch or not, that does not excuse him for providing reasoning to why he suspects the person he's voting for. You put your vote on who you think is FM. You give reasoning. That's how the game is played.

In addition, I'd lvove to hear how a player playing poorly is any indication of being Innocent. He says that he thinks you are being voted for because you are playing poorly, yet does not provide reasoning for yourself being innocent.

I'm convinced you are FM now, and I was stupid to be so hesitant before. You are selectively defending stupid arguments while attacking others of the same stupidity. You want certain people to be lynched.

I don't buy this reason, and the fact that you're defending the vote for him is a bit alarming. I realize you might have a vested interest in not getting voted off, but you had no reason to step in and explain his vote.

Also, there was plenty of reason for him to believe a lynch would still go through without him, what with ample time left and end of day usually being pretty busy.

Chances are I won't be around for the end of the day. I won't be around for much longer than an hour, and I'm a bit busy at this time of night as well.

Feeling less suspicious of Ambrose right now, but maybe it's just because the paranoia's cooled off after the board was down for so long. To be honest, I think his defense is as good as it can get given what he's being accused of--though it's nigh impossible to provide an excellent defense against simply caving in and slapping on a vote after some pressure. It's almost looking as if we'd get the most information out of a Prester lynch now given that so many players have been connected to him, which is just a shame since my vote ain't going there.

Honestly guys, I'm having a hard time coming up with a really fair solution all around so this is what I'm going to do.

Given the nature of the time the boards have gone down and the fact that we can't even get anywhere near a deadline cause anytime we do, the boards die, I'm going to extend the day to 11am EST tomorrow. This is to give any people who left for the evening or just couldn't handle the frustration a chance to participate fully. The day has been majorly fucked up and I don't want it to end on a half assed note where no one really cares anymore because everything is out of whack.

I apologize to all. This isn't obviously how I wanted the day to end but I think it's the most fair way possible for all players.

With that said...

Day 1 will end at 11am est on January 25th.

Day 1 will end at 11am est on January 25th.
Thanks, Targ. :)

I don't really get why Prester has gone so heavily in defense of Norcross as soon as they came under some attention. Certainly has interesting implications. My vote stands on Norcross for now, but my suspicion of Prester has risen a fair bit from recent events.

Alright, I'm out for the night. I've got work to take care of. I'll have plenty of time to check in, catch up, and post in the morning. I should be able to be online and watching when the day ends, but the chances of me being able to post at that time is almost nonexistent barring some bizarre twist of fate.

For now, I'll remove vote and think on it through the night. If I dream of mafia, I blame all of you.

Archived