AGOT Mafia 46.5

Mexal

There's a difference here. I'm saying that the problem with headstrong players such as your self, that despite saying horrible suspicious things, that you stick with your guns. You are probably the hardest to get a read on, because of the fact that you will do the same thing no matter WHAT the situation. However, it doesn't not indicate you are innocent or FM. When it came time, I felt comfortable voting for you given the circumstances.

What took me from "headstrong innocent" to "headstrong maybe" to "headstrong guilty as sin, get him tomorrow people!"?

you've gone from thinking I;m more likely innocent to being comfortable with lynching me all the way to here, where you want me gone regardless. What prompted such a swing?

I'm getting lynched anyway at deadline due to there being 7 votes.

Ok, well, I've tried to respect the alt rules, but I'll just say what I've suspected for quite some time: You're clearly from another site.

Here, when the deadline comes, if we don't have the required number of votes, the lynch does not go through. It's 8 votes to lynch, period.

What took me from "headstrong innocent" to "headstrong maybe" to "headstrong guilty as sin, get him tomorrow people!"?

you've gone from thinking I;m more likely innocent to being comfortable with lynching me all the way to here, where you want me gone regardless. What prompted such a swing?

I never siad that I thought you were inocent! I considered it! The line is hard to see between the 2. I think you are FM because of what you said, but I considered that your headstrong idiotic attitude might have may you Innocent. MIGHT.

I'm tired. I work up early to defend myself and I get voted for what I find lackluster at best. I'm getting pissed off because all of you are refusing to believe Prester is Innocent not because of his actions, because he's played headstrong and stupidly. And it pisses me off you guys can't realize that stupid != Innocent.

Ok, well, I've tried to respect the alt rules, but I'll just say what I've suspected for quite some time: You're clearly from another site.

Here, when the deadline comes, if we don't have the required number of votes, the lynch does not go through. It's 8 votes to lynch, period.

Huh? What is the point of the 7 votes then? Just so that the game can go to "night"? Maybe that's what I'm not understand about this, I thought it was a sort of deadline lynch, that when the deadline came, if I had 7 votes, I'd be lynched.

Ah Upcliff, I know this is an odd time to ask, but there seem to be quite divergent opinions on Lefford, and seeing as you are the expert on inconsistencies, I would be interested to hear your views on him.

Has he been accused of being inconsistent? I'll re-read Lefford, and let you know what I think. But don't expect anything right away. I've got a conference call in 20 minutes that is going to make it difficult for me to pay attention to the game.

Also, I should probably mention that my firm is moving locations today. I'll have some time here and there to post, but most of the day I'll be finishing my packing, helping to move things, unpacking, setting up my new office, etc.

Huh? What is the point of the 7 votes then? Just so that the game can go to "night"? Maybe that's what I'm not understand about this, I thought it was a sort of deadline lynch, that when the deadline came, if I had 7 votes, I'd be lynched.

No, that's not how we play. A majority of the people in the game have to vote for you, or you aren't lynched. If we can't make it to 8 votes on somebody today, then the lynch fails and we go to night.

No, that's not how we play. A majority of the people in the game have to vote for you, or you aren't lynched. If we can't make it to 8 votes on somebody today, then the lynch fails and we go to night.

I'm confused, what if someone got less then 7 votes then, something different happens then?

I'm confused, what if someone got less then 7 votes then, something different happens then?

Let me clear this up.

You need a majority to get a lynch but only need half the number of player votes to go to night (which is a no-lynch). Anything less than the majority for the lynch at deadline results in a no-lynch. If there are 7 votes for "night" then it is a no-lynch.

If we don't get a majority of the votes on one player, then nobody is lynched. Everybody survives the day, and we go to night.

I'm pretty sure this is all in the rules. Did you bother reading them?

Unless someone has 8 votes, there's no lynch.

So then why clarify a specific 7 votes would make it go to night?

Anyway, I have to leave soon. But I will say that I don't think I did anything wrong. Despite my hesitant nature, I put my suspicions out there. I have told you all why I believe Prester is FM. Look at him and Elesham tomorrow, and I'm confident you'll find at least one FM.

Anyway, I have to leave soon. But I will say that I don't think I did anything wrong. Despite my hesitant nature, I put my suspicions out there. I have told you all why I believe Prester is FM. Look at him and Elesham tomorrow, and I'm confident you'll find at least one FM.

If 7 people vote lynchless night, it's impossible to raise 8 lynch votes on anyone, so lynchless night happens.

Let me clear this up.

You need a majority to get a lynch but only need half the number of player votes to go to night (which is a no-lynch). Anything less than the majority for the lynch at deadline results in a no-lynch. If there are 7 votes for "night" then it is a no-lynch.

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I thought that the 7 was a sort of deadline lynch voting tally, from where I paly, we have a deadline lynch system. At least this will be helpful the next time I play.

Because if there were, say, 7 FM out of 14 players, they could block a lynch (since it would be impossible to get 8 votes) on an FM, and it's stupid to just let the time limit tick down, so they vote straight for night and it's game over. (Except we don't make them play it out that way. But if there were a symp or a vig or whatever, we might. That's the short of it. The long of it can be expalined to you in the spoilers.)

So then are these your last thoughts? I'm asking seriously, as you're saying you have to go, and I will vote you.

If 7 people vote lynchless night, it's impossible to raise 8 lynch votes on anyone, so lynchless night happens.

No.

The purpose of the 7 votes is because you only need half the number of players to go to night instead of a majority. When there are an even number of players, the number votes necessary for a no lynch (ie: go to night) is one less than needed for an actual lynch. This is why both is specified in the vote count.

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I thought that the 7 was a sort of deadline lynch voting tally, from where I paly, we have a deadline lynch system. At least this will be helpful the next time I play.

Not here of course, but mind tipping us where that is in the spoiler forum post-death so we can get a mafia fix there between games? :-p

Because if there were, say, 7 FM out of 14 players, they could block a lynch (since it would be impossible to get 8 votes) on an FM, and it's stupid to just let the time limit tick down, so they vote straight for night and it's game over. (Except we don't make them play it out that way. But if there were a symp or a vig or whatever, we might. That's the short of it. The long of it can be expalined to you in the spoilers.)

So then are these your last thoughts? I'm asking seriously, as you're saying you have to go, and I will vote you.

Go ahead. I apologize for my play. I'l be better the next time around.

No.

The purpose of the 7 votes is because you only need half the number of players to go to night instead of a majority. When there are an even number of players, the number votes necessary for a no lynch (ie: go to night) is one less than needed for an actual lynch. This is why both is specified in the vote count.

Yes, but I'm sure this figure comes form the fact that if 50% of the votes say night, it is then impossible for anyone else to get more than 50% of the votes? Or why would it be set to 50%.

The "7 FMs" line explains it better than my plain old "7 people vote night", but the point remains that if 7 of 14 people want it to go lynchless, it WILL go lynchless. So, may aswell skip straight to night.

Archived