AGOT Mafia 46.5

Mexal

I don't think there is evidence to the contrary. I'm sorry, but I just don't. You've made three big cases against three people that I just can't buy into at all. I thought the Prester thing was crap all along, I know I'm innocent, and I've thought Hasty was innocent for a while now, and his role claim made me feel better about him, and here you are saying it makes him somehow worse. Plus you tried to lynch him yesterday, as the only person on your magic list who'd claimed a role, which just does not sit right with me. I can't believe that you believe your cases.

And I don't think your vote on Ambrose "for pressure" that you dropped and then turned around and posted huge walls of text at me clears you at all. And I don't like how you're so insistent that we lynch from the list of people who didn't vote Ambrose because that's the biggest glass of wine I've ever seen in front of me. And this is a CF game. The game in which Lany and Piper were the two FM (out of 11, I believe?) and proceeded to brutally attack and lead lynches on one another ought to be a clear lesson of what FM will do to make themselves not fit in the "FM partners" category. To follow such "FM would never..." thinking is silly. FM should do what makes them win, including sacrificing one of their own and doing it in such a way that the remaining partner(s) look great. Since that seems to be the only thing you have going for you, with what I see as numerous strikes against you, I'm not about to write you off. Of course I've considered it, but it simply does not make sense to me for you to be innocent.

And yes, it is simple math to figure it out. That's exactly why it would be moronic to lie about it. Yesterday we had three tries, so I was just thinking today we'd have two. That's really all it is. And yeah, I do think you're calling it a "lie" to try to make me look bad so that people won't listen to me. Because it was so obviously a mistake.

But I have nothing personal against you. I'm actually kind of hurt that you think that. Obviously, because of alt rules, we can't chat this out right now, but...you know me better than that.

I don't have any ulterior motives. I just want to play this game as best I can, which includes removing players I suspect, either by vigging them or lynching them. I'm sorry that it's you, but...it is.

Not going to bother to respond to your re-hashing of the case. I've already been through it all, over and over. There's nothing I can say to convince you of anything, and I truly, honestly 100% believe that your position has absolutely nothing to do with the game.

But I have nothing personal against you. I'm actually kind of hurt that you think that. Obviously, because of alt rules, we can't chat this out right now, but...you know me better than that.

You're hurt? Join the club. I never expected that you, of all people, would go after me based on my identity, rather than actual game based reasoning.

Understand - if you had actually shown one tiny shred of doubt along the way, I might feel differently. I'd disagree with you, obviously, but I wouldn't feel that this is a personal attack. But you've been 100% certain the whole time. No matter what has happened in the game, you've twisted it to fit your own theory about my alignment. You clearly decided that I would be a target before you ever saw any evidence that pointed either way.

Nobody plays like you've played this game. I've been in plenty of situations where I had extremely strong suspicions of somebody...but I've never been completely certain about anything. It's just not possible to ever be completely certain, unless you are a Finder with a guilty verdict.

It's not that you've gone after me. I can live with that, its very much a part of the game. It's that you've never bothered to question yourself even a little bit. Even when important pieces of evidence have pointed to my innocence, you've immediately attempted to twist them to instead indicate my guilt. No doubt, no hesitation. You've been like that since almost the very start of the game. And that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I'm running on fumes, so this may not make sense to anyone but myself. I'm sorry.

I'm operating with the knowledge that I am innocent *smiles* But in my notes, I included Inchfield as if I was an impartial spectator.

My analysis has VPI'd Hasty, Sunglass, and Prester. Yes, believe it or not, I don't ignore/argue/disagree with you nearly as much as I've let on.

That leaves Elesham, Inchfield, Norcross, Sarsfield, Uller, and Upcliff

Day 1 voting:

Inchfield and Uller did not vote Ambrose.

Elesham, Norcross, Sarsfield, and Upcliff voted for Ambrose.

I wish I had more of a read on Uller. Knowing if he is innocent or not would be a big help. So I did a quick "possible partner" read, and came to the conclusion that the most likely (which isn't all that much more likely than some others) partner he could have on the Ambrose lynch is Upcliff. I then did an analysis operating under the assumption that Uller is innocent, and both FM's were on the Ambrose mob.

Of the four players, Upcliff and Elesham did not appear to be connections with Ambrose. Elesham broke the stalemate between Ambrose and Prester, so I'm moving him down my suspect list. Upcliff was a possible swing vote, and Norcross followed by quickly opening the door on Ambrose, and voting for him 10 hours later. I have already made a case for why Sarsfield COULD be ambrose partner.

Suspect list now goes: Sarsfield, Norcross, Elesham/Upcliff tied.

It is important to note that at this point, Inchfield SHOULD look very suspcious. In fact, after I first became suspcious (by accident with the non-vote before work), I've been trying to purposefully appear a viable lynch candidate. In day 2, I also noticed a dynamic of Sunglass, Hasty, and Prester sort of hanging together. So naturally, I threw myself against them, and that put me in line with Upcliff. Now that I believe them all to be innocent, that move may actually have been a godsend.

For all intents and purposes, both Lefford and I should have been an easy lynch on day 2, but were never pushed by anyone I believe to be an FM. Why? I think we were playing the FM's symps. So why, at the end of the day, was Lefford lynched and not me?

I believe it was a few things. Hasty, Uller, and I all said we had Lefford as a suspect. (Hasty and Uller had me as a suspect two, but math dictates 3 > 2).

Then i ran across this post:

Jeez, I just noticed that Caron got modkilled. My god, I just... You know what, this makes things a lot more difficult. I'm leaving my vote on Hasty, since he's the only one I have a concrete reason to suspect. I'm sorry to have to go at such a critical time, but I have no choice. I'm late as it is.

If I get lynched (hopefully not_ I really want you guys to focus on HAsty, and Sunglass tomorrow.

I openly stated I no longer favored a Hasty lynch, and I never, ever made a case on Sunglass. I think the FM's wanted to push those two, and were hoping some people would read Lefford's dying wish.

Who was on Hasty before his claim: Norcross, Lefford, Upcliff.

So how did the Lefford mob occur? Upcliff presented a choice between Hasty or Lefford, when it looked like a Norcross lynch was still a possibility. Sarsfield hopped on quickly, followed by Upcliff. I can find a case for Sarsfield and Upcliff being partners, but I think that move was protecting Norcross.

Suspect list is now Norcross is probable FM, with Sarsfield and Upcliff tied as his possible partner....and Elesham has tumbled off of it.

Then all of the sudden it hit me. If I'm assuming both of the FM's are on the Ambrose mob, the one person who spent day 2 pushing a case to lynch the people NOT on the Ambrose mob should be looked at. Upcliff.

Looking at day 3's voting, who are pushing Hasty? Upcliff and Norcross.

The only name who appears in my conclusion to both possibilities (Uller either FM or innocent) is Upcliff.

It is day 3.

9 players remain: Elesham, Hasty, Inchfield, Norcross, Prester, Sarsfield, Sunglass, Uller, Upcliff.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Upcliff ( Hasty, Sunglass, Prester, Inchfield)

2 votes for Hasty ( Upcliff, Norcross)

1 vote for Norcross ( Elesham)

2 players have not voted: Sarsfield, Uller.

You have about 20.5 hours remaining.

Ok, before I slip unconscious, I have 2 more things 2 say.

I'd like to go on record as saying that, of the two situations I posited, I believe the more likely is that Uller is innocent. FM's know the coronor finder is out there. No matter who was lynched, Uller's vote on Prester would not look good in the morning, while Norcross and Upcliff's on Ambrose would.

Upcliff, I don't buy the idea that Sunglass is going against their faction to get you lynched out of some misplaced sense of pride. I just don't believe that anyone would play like that. I certainly don't want to play with anyone who'd do that. I don't know if it's frustration or manipulation on your part, but I can't believe you really think Sunglass is on the same faction as you but is trying to get you lynched for shits and giggles.

I don't know if it's frustration or manipulation on your part, but I can't believe you really think Sunglass is on the same faction as you but is trying to get you lynched for shits and giggles.

Let me make this extremely clear.

This has absolutely nothing to do with manipulation. I firmly believe that something strange is going on in this game, with regard to the way Sunglass has been going after me the entire time. There's really nothing anybody can say to make me feel otherwise. I have a damn good sense about these things, and I know when something is up. I can tell when things don't add up. They sure as hell don't add up in this game.

I've been playing here for quite a while, and I've never seen anybody be 'certain' of somebody's guilt from the very start of the game. I've never seen anybody refuse to question their evaluation of another player for the entire game. It makes absolutely no sense. Especially given that there was evidence out there that convinced nearly every other player that I was innocent.

Am I FM? Yeah, I am. Does it matter? Not at all.

I made my last few posts, not because I wanted to convince Sunglass or anybody else of anything. I made them because I was sick of pretending that I wasn't able to see through the bullshit and figure out that Sunglass has been acting beyond strange in this game. The only explanation I can come up with is that Sunglass decided that she wanted to 'beat' me this time around, no matter what. Nothing else really makes sense.

I got back out of bed just to see if there was anything here. I can see where Upcliff is coming from, as I pointed out earlier the only reason I suspected Sunglass was because he was so steadfastly certain of Upcliff from day 1. Yeah, I eventually came to the conclusion that Upcliff was guilty, but it was despite Sunglass, not because of him. If anything Sunglass only made it harder for me to see it.

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt though, because I would really hope no one would do something like that just to prove they could.

"That night we decided to get rid of Upcliff, who had been on people's nerves for days. We slit his throat too, and I think some people delighted in it, personally.

When preparing to bury him we discovered a price list of game organs on the black market, and a clip for a hunting gun."

Mexal grinned. "We'd killed another killer."

House Upcliff was lynched.

He was

SPOILER: identity
Whiskeyjack and he was EVIL!

It is night. Please PM in your actions.

"And the night?" Blue asked.

"It was shorter than the others, that's for sure. We woke up to a piercing scream. As we left our tents, we stumbled across Prester being burned alive. It reminded me of Johnny Blaze from Fantastic Four, in full inferno form. The worst part was the smell. Take it from me, burning flesh is not pleasant."

Blue just stared. As the story was being told, Mexal seemed to relish the gruesome deaths. But truth be told, Blue did too.

Prester has been killed.

SPOILER: He was...
Masonity and he was Innocent

It is day 4. You have 48 hours.

...Uh, looks like I totally missed the lynch.

I wouldn't be so quick to look at Norcross. I don't think anybody would've stepped out of the game like that unless they knew their partner was in pretty deep hiding. Regardless of frustration, that's... not to the spirit of the game.

ETA: But hey, I was here for the NK. :rolleyes:

Archived