BWB Norcal IV

Kat

The last thread got closed because it was too much awesomeness all in one place, methinks.

Summary (I think)

Jon and boiled leather want to do karaoke next weekend (Feb 2), Superbowl be damned.

FD, I think, would prefer not to.

AG and DVD.....? (I think would prefer not to do karaoke in the first place.)

Bazzlebane doesn't care because he's too busy for us anyway.

I don't really care because I don't watch football anyway.

So, yeah. That's about it.

The last thread got closed because it was too much awesomeness all in one place, methinks.

Summary (I think)

Jon and boiled leather want to do karaoke next weekend (Feb 2), Superbowl be damned.

FD, I think, would prefer not to.

AG and DVD.....? (I think would prefer not to do karaoke in the first place.)

Bazzlebane doesn't care because he's too busy for us anyway.

I don't really care because I don't watch football anyway.

So, yeah. That's about it.

You forgot to mention how much you loooooove karaoke.

Hey, I'm up for anything aside from, say, getting drunk and going to the zoo. :cheers:

I made some new friends who like teh karaoke, but I think Jon would be Very Sad if he weren't able to sing some Johnny Cash. Plus he told me he has a special new embroidered shirt for the occasion. How can anyone pass up the opportunity to see that, I ask?

Hey, I'm up for anything aside from, say, getting drunk and going to the zoo. :cheers:

I made some new friends who like teh karaoke, but I think Jon would be Very Sad if he weren't able to sing some Johnny Cash. Plus he told me he has a special new embroidered shirt for the occasion. How can anyone pass up the opportunity to see that, I ask?

What happened to the idea to get a hotel room and a karaoke machine and have our own private club for one night?

I think that would be really cool, because the seating and background noise in most bars makes it hard to hold conversations. Plus some people who might not want to sing in public might be more forthcoming just between friends.

I wasn't advocating next week end as much as I didn't want to give up so quickly....

that being said, I've realized my singer, Ms. Leather has an audition at the opera house saturday (not for a show, but for an excluse month long workshop). You can see where this is headed. She'll be exhausted and not want to go out (and I'm forcing her to go out and sing, I miss the days when she was in a band).

so.. later in the month works better., but you can always talk me into something.

(maybe we should have the BwB poker tourney, jon?)

Poker Night might be fun. Something small, $5-$10 per tourney with an unwritten agreement that the last two chop.

I'm still down for karaoke next though.

Apparently, Lodey has a decent karaoke machine. I think the hotel idea is great. We could also try to set up a BWB party at BayCon in May. Kat brought up that she wants to go/is going (?) in Chat and I think that would be awesome. We could throw a BWB open party; we'll have enough people if we get a good turnout. The GoH is Tim Powers. Here is the link.

Sorry I haven't posted much. I've been trying to cut down on my time on the board. Anyway, as I said in the last thread, my February weekends are toast, and it's a busy semester for me in general. Don't count on me for anything. I am mildly curious about a poker tourney, though.

I would be sure to lose at poker because I am very transparent and won't even ever attempt to bluff, but my daughter likes it a lot. Maybe we could both come and I could just stake her and watch.

BayCon also sounds like a cool idea, but we've got to do something before then.

I'd play poker, but I'm absolutely terrible at it. By which I mean, every time I play, I immediately forget how to play again 5 minutes later. So you have to give me some advance warning so I can remember the rules first. :unsure:

I think it's down to the wire on whether we're doing something tomorrow or next Saturday. If no one wants to do karaoke other than me and Jon, that's fine, because I'll do it anyway and get it out of the way so we can move on. :P

I think it's down to the wire on whether we're doing something tomorrow or next Saturday. If no one wants to do karaoke other than me and Jon, that's fine, because I'll do it anyway and get it out of the way so we can move on. :P

Wait, I thought we were definite for next week at this point. I think it would be good if everyone could chime in as to whether or not they're available tomorrow or not as Bronn has done. I am available tomorrow, though that means I would have to listen to Octopus's Garden a few dozen times to brush up on it. :)

We can do it next week. Bah. I am so bad at being the one to make decisions. Let's do it next week, because I have a friend that wanted to do something tomorrow night anyway.

Ok, I am getting tired of this whole lost in the forest attitude we all have here. I'm making a list of Definite, Maybe and Not Coming. Sound off in the thread with what category you are in. I will edit this post as much as necessary to reflect what people have said.

Definite

Jon Targaryen

Kat

Bronn Stone

boiled leather and mrs. leather

Scuba Steve

Eddard Stark

Teri

Maybe

Lodey (told over IM)

Not Coming

Bazzlebane