BWB Norcal IV

Kat

Put me down on the Maybe list.

My daughter's birthday is on Thursday (she'll be 23), and I'm not sure yet when we'll be getting together for it, so there may be a conflict, but if not, I'd like to come hear you all sing.

I'm gonna edit the "list" post with a start time and the venue Bazzlebane suggested.

bl, is 9:00pm the earliest you could arrive? If so, I would guess that would be a good start time. I want to sing "Man in Black" fairly early in the night so if that's the earliest you could make it, I suggest that for a start time.

My arrival is based on several factors:

how well I do at my part time job (known as hold'em),where I take the lovely red head to dinner and traffic. If I keep losing 65% of the time I'm a 95% favorite it will be another short day.

we can get there earlier. figure out what works best. I do know she wants an "early night" (yes, I have been known to close down bars then trip over to the grubsteak --hmm 2 blocks from where we'll be)--for breakfast) She has a receital sunday afternoon in Marin. So, we are probably out before 1am. lol. I need a drunk.

I'm up for what ever. When are you getting to SF? And if Bronn Wants a lift back to the east bay he better park at McArthur or similar (ok, ashby maybe).

Just hop on the California Street Cable Car from Embarcadero BART. Cheaper than a cab (though you'll probably wait a bit longer). Ride it to the end of the line.

I may be riding the cable car also as parking downtown is 100% easier than out near the venue.

I missed the venue earlier - I still thought we were on the peninsula. This is MUCH easier.

Ok, I have a favor to ask. I want to do a Barack Obama event in Sausalito Sunday afternoon. I figure we'll get done at 2:00am, maybe go for some food so end totally at 3:00am. I don't want to drive all the way back to Sac then come back the next day. So I was hoping I could spend the night at someone's home and then head out the next day. Let me know either way.

Also, guys, don't forget to "dress sexy." I'm saying that's still in effect. In fact, I want to start a new "Dressing Sexy" thread when I get back on Sunday. So bring your sexy duds and your digi cameras. :)

So that means you're going?! Cool.

To your question, I don't know. I would PM Bazz. Advise him to post in the thread for everyone that will be driving [scuba Steve (MSI101) and I will use BART and a cab].

REMINDER:

All guys are asked to dress sexy tonight. Thanks!

Where is the best place to park near there? Are there any nearby parking garages that are open that late?

There are several parking garages in the neighborhood between Polk and Van Ness. I can't remember the names of any of them, but on Sacramento there's at least two. If I end up driving (which I don't really want to do, but it's hard getting back to where I live by owl bus from this area and I can't justify a taxi) I'm going to attempt to park...er...fairly far away on the street.

Pretty good turnout tonight...we had me, Jon T, Mr. and Mrs. Boiled Leather, Teri, Eddard Stark and...Jesse is same as Scuba Steve, right? :unsure:

We missed you Bronn! Hope your evening went well. And hope LoB had fun at the hockey game.

Rachel, Jon and I sang. Teri danced enough for all of us. Some beer was drunk and Kat was not drunk. In any case, everyone else can come out of hiding now because our next event can be song-free.

Great night. I had loads of fun.

Preview of what's to come tomorrow.

• a summary of my interactions all night
  • pics (randoms and singing)
  • rundown of the songs
  • late dinner with Eddard Stark (David)
  • the ride to my uncle's with boiled leather (Lee) and Mrs. leather (Rachel)

For the next meet: Poker Night I will not play but I will deal. That should speed up the game considerably. bl, maybe you could deal a bit too? We will probably need 2 tables.

I had a fabulous time!! Kat and Jon, thanks for pushing this idea. Bazz, Arbor Gold, Lord o' Bones, Faceless Dude, Bronn, and all the rest of you who didn't come, you missed a lot of fun.

Rachel sang Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit (a surprise and a treat for this member of the Woodstock generation <ahttp://forum-test.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> If any of you younger folks don't know the song, go watch Grace Slick sing it here.)

Kat sang Natalie Imbruglia's Torn

Jon sang Johnny Cash's Man in Black

Jon wanted somebody to sing a duet of Jackson with him, and it's a fun song, but Kat didn't know it at all, and I don't know it well enough to sing as a duet. So that didn't happen.

I drank a tequila on the rocks, and two lemon drops, and may have been the drunkest in our party, but that wasn't very much. I didn't sing, but like Kat says, I danced, and had a blast. The energy there was very catching.

There was at least an hour wait between when you put in your slip for a song, and when your name came up. (The DJ wasn't putting people up in the exact order they turned in their slips, though. He would move the people you could tell were regulars and good singers ahead of the unknown names, and he seemed to also try to mix the genres around.)

I took a lot of pictures, but it will take me a while to format them for uploading. (My camera is 12 megapixels, and uploading pictures that are 3000 x 4000 pixels is a waste of space, so I always open them in Photoshop and downsample and crop them, and make thumbnails for an index page.)

Archived