BWB Norcal IV

Kat

Tax weekend is locked down for me, but all else is wide open. Getting away on Memorial Day weekend might be difficult too, but not impossible with a decent lead.

And happy birthday to the both of you if I forget later on :cheers:

eta: Saturdays are still better than Fridays, but I will bow to whatever plan is concocted.

Just don't make it the weekend of April 11-13, because I am seriously thinking of joining Faceless Dude, Kay Fury and Goddess Dictator in LA that weekend, and they are trying to entice as many of the NorCal BwB as they can to come down for a night of club hopping in West Hollywood.

I don't know yet though if the clubbing is planned for Friday or Saturday. Saturday would obviously be easier for me since I would not have to miss a day of work.

Just don't make it the weekend of April 11-13, because I am seriously thinking of joining Faceless Dude, Kay Fury and Goddess Dictator in LA that weekend, and they are trying to entice as many of the NorCal BwB as they can to come down for a night of club hopping in West Hollywood.

I don't know yet though if the clubbing is planned for Friday or Saturday. Saturday would obviously be easier for me since I would not have to miss a day of work.

Kay has said there will be things going on both nights. I'm going to be there through Saturday and Sunday

• 4 weeks later...

... almost a month and no conversation here.....

I call this meeting to order, with two topics on the agenda.

1. At the Occidental we discussed a BBQ at our house. Let's pick a date. I'll bbq ribs and stuff, open the cellar and the bar etc. You might even find the lawn (ok nicely mown crabgrass and mixed greens) to be just large enough for a tweaked croquet game. Food, booze and laughs. who could want more?

2. Sadly, really this time, my contract will not be renewed. If anyone has any friends or leads on a Sr. Mgmnt It job (CIO, Director, Really good consulting... etc.) I can use them. Good leads rewarded (everyone wants to win!)

... almost a month and no conversation here.....

I call this meeting to order, with two topics on the agenda.

1. At the Occidental we discussed a BBQ at our house. Let's pick a date. I'll bbq ribs and stuff, open the cellar and the bar etc. You might even find the lawn (ok nicely mown crabgrass and mixed greens) to be just large enough for a tweaked croquet game. Food, booze and laughs. who could want more?

2. Sadly, really this time, my contract will not be renewed. If anyone has any friends or leads on a Sr. Mgmnt It job (CIO, Director, Really good consulting... etc.) I can use them. Good leads rewarded (everyone wants to win!)

Any weekend except that of May 16-18 would work for me.

And I'll see if there is something suitable on Adobe's open reqs list.

Hmm....

I pretty much can't make any weekend in May. (Except Memorial Day, oddly.) Sorry. Maybe early June?

AG says she can't make the weekend of the 30th.

not ruling anything out yet, but Red Woman seems to think I'm obligated on 6/21 (so we'll see).

early domestic requests are for 6/7 or 6/14 (sorry to our friend from across the pond).

thoughts?

Even if the BBQ is some other weekend, some of us might be able to meet up with DJDonegal separately.

DJ, when will you be in the area, and where will you be staying? I want to meet my old mafia compadre.

I land in LAX on 15 June, and i have very loose plans from there on. Nowhere booked or anything - all I know is I don't want to stay in LA (no offense to anybody from LA :P) so whatever goes on, no problem. I'll grab a Greyhound from LA or something. But if you meet earlier than that, then clearly I won't be able to meet you guys. :P

Archived